-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm continuing my sell off of stuff I don't use, and reinvesting the money back into the hobby. My upstairs is starting to get a lot lighter. Let go of another Winchester Model 70 Super Grade. As pretty as it was, it was ungodly heavy and I just no longer had plans to hunt with it. So, after owning and enjoying it for quite awhile, I let it go. It more than funded a gun I will hunt with. A new Winchester SX4 Waterfowl, 12 gauge, 3 1/2", 26" barrel. I promptly installed a new Carlsons extended turkey choke, .665. It's my third SX4. I really like them. Simple, no frills, semiautos.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It can pull double duty on deer. But I think it will be part of my Mossy Oak Bottomland trifecta of Browning/Winchester shotguns I mostly just use for turkeys.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Iā€™m trying to do the same, but the market here is sloooowwwwwww. Nary a nibble, either in the Valley Trader or the local shop on consignment.

So, Iā€™m investing anyway, and the pile keeps getting bigger.šŸ˜±

Where are the SX4s made?

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sweet Georgia Brown, you have a stack of fine looking scatterguns there.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The SX4 is made by Browning in their factory in Viana, Portugal. Same factory that produces their Maxus and A5 guns, as well as the current Winchester Model 70.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 11/16/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The SX series guns are ALL fine pieces of equipment !!!

CONGRATS on a great pickup !!!

P.S. The Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike tube and a 3.5" Winchester Longbeard XR shotshell is a DEADLY combo in the SX guns.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Very nice. I like Sx4 when I fondle.. I mean hold them.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by humdinger

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

It's OK Dinger. You can let it out. We all have our little shotgun quirks.

šŸ˜šŸ˜

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
It's nice to see that they have a left handed model.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by humdinger

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

It's OK Dinger. You can let it out. We all have our little shotgun quirks.

šŸ˜šŸ˜

I know... Thats part of why I feel guilty why I want an new shotgun when I have three dedicatd now and two good candidates in the wings.

Why can't I just love the one I'm with.

Having said that.. I think I'm going to check out a SX4.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You NEED an SX4.

BTW, the SX4 "Universal Hunter" is drilled and tapped for a scope base. The others are not.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 11/18/23.
IC B3

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Sweet ! Nice looking shotgun.
Good luck selling stuff, I try but end up putting it back in the keeper pile.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I bought toilet paper today. I don't buy toilet paper as often as you buy a new turkey gun so I thought it noteworthy.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It's not noteworthy. I don't buy toilet paper as frequently as a I acquire, or sell, a gun. And I haven't mentioned that once.

To me, except for a few inherited guns I will never part with, guns, to me, are like trading cards. They come and go. Not that you asked, or that anyone deserves an explanation, but I will say for every gun I've posted, there is generally one that went. I also recently sold a boat I got tired of and put those funds back into my hobbies. The trick to accumulating a good collection is that when you sell a gun, or any outdoor sports stuff, you never put the proceeds back into the general household funds - unless of course there is an emergency. I always reinvest the proceeds of a sale back into my hobby. If you don't do that, it's often times lost forever.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 11/19/23.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I did the same when I was a kid. Buy, sell, trade all the time. Eventually I learned to hold onto the good ones and never let them go. At this time all of my guns are worth substantially more than I paid for them, some several times the original purchase price and all of my deer rifles have more than paid for themselves in pounds of venison harvested.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I've got plenty I won't let go and will pass on to my son. My grandfather's Mannlicherā€“Schƶnauer, my great grandfather's Marlin take-down 1893 .30-30, my granduncle's Arisaka that came home with him from the Philippines, my father-in-law's Model 94, and several others. I've got a few I've bought that won't go. My BLRs, my Wichester levers, my Ithacas, my Sako, my Sig P-series handguns, my Ruger revolvers, and some of my Browning shotguns. But if I don't love them, they are liable to be sold or traded. Some I've just wanted to own and shoot, and now that I have, I have no compunction about letting them go.

It's the way it is with lots of things. Some people collect art, coins, stamps, whatever, as I do with guns. I have some I'll die with. Others won't make it until this time next year.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 11/19/23.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
How do you like the browning Auto 5? Iā€™ve read some poor reviews on them that have kind of turned me off to them.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The A5? Unless the review was by Randy Wakeman, they don't tend to get bad reviews. Randy seems to be a perpetual Browning-hater. My A5 has functioned flawlessly. I've fired the heaviest 3 1/2" shells down to heavy 2 3/4" field loads and have not had a malfuntion. It kicks, no doubt about that. And it goes into battery every time, even easing the bolt forward, so I have never had the so-called "Benelli-click." It is defintiely sprung heavier than a Benelli Super Black Eagle 3. I like the Ivector DS choke system. I have no complaints.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

207 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 26 invisible), 1,991 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,202
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.