Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone using these items?

The chamfer tools and pocket cleaning tools look much more ergonomic than any thing I’m using,

Are there better options out there? Time for an upgrade.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Kenneth; 03/02/24.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not sure of your budget but here's what I use.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B72DJZ...si&th=1&psc=1&language=en_US

ETA, there are several brands of this type prep center. Lyman has one that is about 75.00 cheaper thats probably just as good.

These things makes prepping brass a breeze. Once you get your routine down it's about 15 seconds to clean primer pocket, chamfer, de-burr, and brush the inside of the neck. It beats the crap out of one piece / one step at a time.

Last edited by Featherweight6555; 03/02/24.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is what I use, screw that do-it-by-hand crap. I even use it to de-crimp 556 primer pockets. Two quick bumps on a VLD chamfer tool and done. Can't swage em on a press that fast.

https://www.frankfordarsenal.com/case-preparation/case-trimming/

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Feral_American
This is what I use, screw that do-it-by-hand crap. I even use it to de-crimp 556 primer pockets. Two quick bumps on a VLD chamfer tool and done. Can't swage em on a press that fast.

That's what I use too, and it sure does cut down on time and wear and tear on your hands. I remember trimming and chamfering by hand, with those stupid slow tools. However, sometimes I wonder how nice it would be to have something that trims and chamfers at the same time. The FA case prep center is definitely well worth the money though.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Feral_American

That's what I use too, and it sure does cut down on time and wear and tear on your hands. I remember trimming and chamfering by hand, with those stupid slow tools. However, sometimes I wonder how nice it would be to have something that trims and chamfers at the same time. The FA case prep center is definitely well worth the money though.

Its called trim pro 3 way cutter been using them since they came out. And no you dont need one for each caliber, just the pilot as they are adjustable.

Swifty
IC B2

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
To trim and chamfer at the same time, My Giraud Triway is awesome in that regard,

But, Caliber specific, Makes financial sense when I buy bulk 5.56 brass,

Not so much for my other cartridges.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (6mmCreedmoor, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 257_X_50, 450yukon, 8 invisible), 1,522 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,757
Posts18,476,393
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.