Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Leopold "made in USA " is a farce. Assembled in the USA is not the same thing

They must make something in the US - open reqs for Machinists - start at 20-24 an hour with assemblers making 17 an hour.

I don't know how that compares to the area for them. I will say, that's less than my son is making as a Machinist with 1 year's experience (all OJT) and the difference between where he lives and the Portland area is 31% more expensive to live there than here.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Leopold "made in USA " is a farce. Assembled in the USA is not the same thing

They must make something in the US - open reqs for Machinists - start at 20-24 an hour with assemblers making 17 an hour.

I don't know how that compares to the area for them. I will say, that's less than my son is making as a Machinist with 1 year's experience (all OJT) and the difference between where he lives and the Portland area is 31% more expensive to live there than here.
17 bucks an hour? And $24 for a machinist? That’s a skilled trade making burger flipping money. This right here really tells the entire story.
No one puts out a quality product paying cut rate wages. What a shame.

I just paid my boat mechanic $175 an hour! And I have zero complaints because he’s worth every penny when I am 60 miles out in the middle of the ocean.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 03/07/24.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by koshkin
They seem to be falling a little behind on product development at the moment. Hopefully, they will start releasing something new soon or they will Leupold themselves into a tricky situation.

ILya

Snipped your post down just to address this point.

Many simply don't understand the volume of scopes Leupold sells. When a company sells everything it can produce before it is produced on has to wonder what more can be done so using "Leupold" as a verb is sort of strange in that context.

Leupold just released the new MK 4 line which has met with, litterally, unprecedented demand. Off the charts level of demand.

I get that it's sort of a hobby here to be against the biggest player in the scope market but to act like Leupold is behind in inovation is simply silly.
To be fair tho - demand isn't a measurement for innovation.

Tacomas have very high demand but they are NOT innovative. Push rod v6 with low hp/tq and fuel mileage, manual trans, body on frame etc. High demand, well behind the curve in innovation. People buy them IN SPITE of this.

That said - end of the day a scope has 1 maybe 2 jobs - ensure the bullet goes where you intend it via the crosshairs. Outside of clarity and robustness, what else can/should be improved in a riflescope as we currently know it? Automatic ranging maybe?

I was addressing the false idea Leupold was not innovating. The fact that such innovation in the new MK 4 has produced massive demand is simply one more data point.

The Tacoma anology is much more inline with Leupolds older VX-3 product lines which still enjoy huge demand but are older using well older proven tech.

As you have admitted you are not much of a scope guy so I understand why you would try and use a poor anology.

What can be improved on is the cost of top line performance. That's were the MK 4 is a stand out.

Originally Posted by Big Stick
Reupold is sooooo fhuqked up,they fixed the erector in my Spotting Scope. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!………….

Lil Fish,

The fact you don't understand that all spotting scopes have an erector to flip the image, and Leupold installs the reticle in the erector on the spotting scopes, is always good for a smile.

Keep on being you.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

DEMAND is not a proxy for INNOVATION. That has nothing to do with scopes, it an economic/business principle. If I introduced a tire for 11 bucks a set that was basically just a Goodyear from 2 years ago - demand would go through the roof but I've not innovated a damned thing when it comes to the tire.

What's innovative for the new line? Not innovative compared to Leupold's current wares - innovative compared to the industry. What's the MK4 doing at their price point that no other scope brand can do at the same price point? Performance wise.

More performance for lower consumer cost can be simply producing a line at a loss if you have the wallet and will. "Loss Leader" is a real term/thing. That's not innovation unless they ALSO increased/maintained margin. Have they?
The Tacoma has (I should say had as there is a new one)a OHC variable valve timing engine.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Correct - my mistake, still it's generally the least innovative truck on the market. Toyota evolves, they don't innovate with them.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

HOPEFULLY they put a MK4 Spotting Scope erector in it! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

HOPEFULLY they put a MK4 Spotting Scope erector in it! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

I’ll give you credit there.
After multiple Leopold erector failures.
I could not spend money on any of there products.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Speaking of which,the MK4 Spotter has Puked three fhuqking times and now rides a shelf. Hint.(grin)

Extrapolations are never not interesting and to date,the Reupold Flagship MK5 HD,is the biggest piece of fhuqking schit I've ever bought or shot. Hint.

I'll start peeling Mail open tomorrow. Hopefully SWFA unveils their new crop soonly,as a "lowly" 6x MQ,crushes ALL things REUPOLD. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll start peeling Mail open tomorrow. Hopefully SWFA unveils their new crop soonly,as a "lowly" 6x MQ,crushes ALL things REUPOLD. Hint.

Yep

It’s common knowledge that riflemen who depend on their equipment to engage and center punch small targets at long range, whether in battle or competition, choose a 6 power optic with a chicken stamped on it

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sweetheart,

It's plum flattering,how often you think about me. Hint.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Yep

It’s common knowledge that riflemen who depend on their equipment to engage and center punch small targets at long range, whether in battle or competition, choose a 6 power optic with a chicken stamped on it

Try beating a salmon to death with your Golden Ring scope then get back to me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Friend’s scope and his Once-In-A-Lifetime Rocky Mountain Big Horn Ram. Dialed and killed with a Leupold Mark 5 HD

This dude used the rifle with a Leupold Scope that he won a National Match with, The Steel Safari, to dial and kill an antelope at 840 yards.

I heard the match, which is shot over 3 days on 3- three mile walk through courses, is widely regarded as the toughest rifle match in the country, and the toughest on equipment and competitors

Since we all know Leupolds don’t hold zero, dial and track accurately, I think he’s lying

(Got the pic at an autograph signing)
😂😂😂

Last edited by rcamuglia; 03/07/24.

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Rick, since Charley keeps being brought into every Leupold thread. Does he use Leupold and recommend them?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How many times a day,do you think about me? Hint.............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SLM
Rick, since Charley keeps being brought into every Leupold thread. Does he use Leupold and recommend them?

Charley is not being “brought into every Leupold thread”.

He objectively tests and evaluates all brands of rifle scopes.

The scope evaluation sheet you see was performed when my friend brought his Mark 5 to Score High for a Precision Scope Mount. The evaluation is performed as part of the service and was performed by an employee

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I see Charley at the top of that test sheet

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
So it wasn’t your scope that was tested at score high?
Weird that was never brought up in all the times that pics been posted

How many times has the employee tested scopes using the fixture?

Last edited by jackmountain; 03/07/24.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Every scope that was mounted by the Precision Scope Mount method was evaluated

The Mark 4 M5 A2’s have been stellar.

That’s what the dude in the pic uses on 4 rifles and what won the Steel Safari once and finished Runner-up once

Also about 3 Top Ten finishes are with that scope.

Others have done as well with the Leupold at the same shoot as well as across the Nation at big shoots

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Your competition track record is well documented and not questioned, but have you ever received any compensation from Leupold? Free merchandise or otherwise? Honest question. I’d love to see the new Mark 4 2.5-10 be proven reliable. Checks a lot of boxes for the $$

Last edited by jackmountain; 03/07/24.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your competition track record is well documented and not questioned, but have you ever received any compensation from Leupold? Free merchandise or otherwise? Honest question. I’d love to see the new Mark 4 2.5-10 be proven reliable. Checks a lot of boxes for the $$

Absolutely not. I have purchased every scope with my own, hard-earned Greenbacks

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I doubt it's the scope for you.

Just sayin.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Every scope that was mounted by the Precision Scope Mount method was evaluated

The Mark 4 M5 A2’s have been stellar.

That’s what the dude in the pic uses on 4 rifles and what won the Steel Safari once and finished Runner-up once

Also about 3 Top Ten finishes are with that scope.

Others have done as well with the Leupold at the same shoot as well as across the Nation at big shoots

I own Leupolds in VX2, VX3, Mark 4, VX6

934 yard dialed coyote kill with a VX2
560 yard dialed coyote kill with a VX3
760 yard Ibex kill with a VX3
870 yard dialed Mule Deer kill with an original Mark 4
1620 yard dialed kill Feral Goat with a Mark 4 listed
750 yard dialed kill Feral Goat the same
840 yard antelope as noted
500 yard Cow Elk with an original Mark 4
508 yard Mule deer with an original Mark 4
506 yard Mule deer with an original Mark 4
420 yard Mule deer with a VX6
578 yard Antelope with a VariX2
800 yard coyote with a VariX2
505 yard dialed Barbary Ram
760 yard dialed prairie dog with a VX3
Multiple steel plates dialed and hit out to 1825 yards

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

395 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,715 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,411
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.