Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Valsdad, flintlocke, Dutch, et al
If in your research you happen across a name and phone number of someone who signed off on this please post it up. I enjoy calling these as*holes on the phone and giving them an earful

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by longarm
Valsdad, flintlocke, Dutch, et al
If in your research you happen across a name and phone number of someone who signed off on this please post it up. I enjoy calling these as*holes on the phone and giving them an earful
I've got a draft version of a letter to all my reps to find out just that. And I'll go further if need be. Might have to write or call the F&G Commissioner themselves.

Might even have to get one of the TV "investigative reporters" to start getting some faces on the news with a mic in front of their faces, Hatchery Mgr, Regional Director.

The worst scenario might be some lower wage fish caretaker took the truck to the wrong place and dumped fish. Or even worse, knew they were doing it but just wanted to get back home faster by saving 1/2 hr drive each way to the authorized spot..

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Expert Govt. pros at work. Need more funds.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by earlybrd
They stock trout around here and cut the 02 off on the trucks to make the fish sick it’s a fact

And why is that ?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trust the government.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
They're "government experts" and are immune to any consequences for their actions, same as in the Soviet Union, East Germany, Communist China, et al.

This.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Craigster
They stock trout around here and cut the 02 off on the trucks to make the fish sick it’s a fact

And why is that ?
So evry limp dik following tha truck don’t catch em😉

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

And why is that ?
Odd, every place I've worked and all the hatchery workers I've ever worked with or known just loved releasing them to make people happy.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Valsdad

And why is that ?
Odd, every place I've worked and all the hatchery workers I've ever worked with or known just loved releasing them to make people happy.
Not so much here

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

And why is that ?
Not so much here
You prolly have the guys that want to sit on their ass all day and just collect a paycheck?

In it is contentment

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What a shame. More .gov incompetence wasting taxpayers $.
So is this dam removal a good thing, is it worth it trading electricity for salmon?

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

And why is that ?
Not so much here
You prolly have the guys that want to sit on their ass all day and just collect a paycheck?
Yup they’ll find a bridge and dump the entire truck load and haul ass

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
So is this dam removal a good thing, is it worth it trading electricity for salmon?

It is to the tree huggers and Injuns.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ruffcutt

It is to the tree huggers and Injuns.
And people who would like to have an open season to catch some.
And the fishing tackle stores that sell to them.
And the "hospitality industry" that rents rooms and sell breakfast and dinner to those that come from outside the area to fish.
And the marine fishing and commercial boat supply houses that sell to commercial salmon fishers.
And the gas stations that sell to the folks coming into the area.
And the fuel docks that sell to the commercial and recreational offshore fishers.

I probably left off a few folks that think salmon might just be important and maybe even belong in our rivers.

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m firmly in both camps. Wild things are important to me. Deer, elk, sharptails, but also bears and big cats. Big fish like 14’ white sturgeon and 200# red salmon. It’s what makes America what it is. What good is flipping the switch and the lights come on but there’s nothing wild out there?

Economics only goes so far. Yes, we have to feed the people, heat and light the houses, and transport goods and people to their destination. But not at all costs.

The dams were built with an all or nothing mentality. The dam removal is an all or nothing mentality. Both are shortsighted and far from the best that we can do. This is freaking America. I’m so tired of the black and white thinking, We can do much, much better than this clusterfornication.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dutch
I’m firmly in both camps. Wild things are important to me. Deer, elk, sharptails, but also bears and big cats. Big fish like 14’ white sturgeon and 200# red salmon. It’s what makes America what it is. What good is flipping the switch and the lights come on but there’s nothing wild out there?

Economics only goes so far. Yes, we have to feed the people, heat and light the houses, and transport goods and people to their destination. But not at all costs.

The dams were built with an all or nothing mentality. The dam removal is an all or nothing mentality. Both are shortsighted and far from the best that we can do. This is freaking America. I’m so tired of the black and white thinking, We can do much, much better than this clusterfornication.

Hear hear!!

But 200 pound reds? I'm pretty sure that would have to be some sort of massively GMO fish.

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Originally Posted by Dutch

Hear hear!!

But 200 pound reds? I'm pretty sure that would have to be some sort of massively GMO fish.
Yeah, I caught that tooo but jsust figured it was a tyypo.

Now, it sure would be nice if the Klamath started producing some of the huge salmon they used to. I'm not sure, but when I worked in that area it was pretty much concluded that the Blue Creek big fish run would never be the same as that strain appeared to have been lost. Maybe some of the runs that used to exist above the dams might get re-established and in 15 years or so maybe I can get over there and catch a nice 30+ lb one.

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not even a blip on the ecological time scale but still what a waste.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh for sure,

what some might not realize, salmonids have a wonderful habit of straying. Even if every last salmon in the Klamath died tomorrow, and all the Klamath fish were caught at sea or eaten by orcas and seals, straying fish would find the river and spawn there......................assuming suitable habitat.

And given proper conditions new runs would start.......................probably not in the lifetime of anyone alive in any significant numbers though.

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Them fish are relentless. Back about 40 years ago brother and I would ride our bikes out to some remote farmers irrigation ditches to bird hunt the scrub many miles from the nearest Delta channel or canal. During the runs if it was a flood year we'd always find struggling wayward salmon at a closed gate and sometimes dead ones out in a recently flooded field.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,525 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,936
Posts18,498,755
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.