Campfire Member
S
Marlboro

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My dad smoked for 60 years and it used to bug the hell out of mom. Mom would make dad stand out on the patio to smoke and dad HAD to close the door which meant that he had to stop complaining until he could be heard again. 😂. 2 years after mom passed dad got sick with the flu and found himself in the hospital for the first time in his life which was literally the 2nd time that dad ever saw a doctor. That hospital stay scared him and after he was discharged he never touched another cigarette. Dad and I had lunch together today and at almost 83 he’s the picture of health….a healthy man who misses mom something fierce. I told him again today how proud of him mom is…

I never could put hot smoke into my lungs and get pleasure out of it so I never smoked.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I’ve never smoked, with that said Pall Malls are a budget cigarette by todays prices. Pickup a woman smoking anything much less cheap Pall Malls and you are definitely getting laid!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Camel non-filters and once in a while Lucky Strikes. Rolled my own for a while, Bull Durham

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Reds in a box.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Tareyton for quite awhile before moving on to Marlboroughs.
There's a special place for the famous Marlborough Men.

[Linked Image from tile.loc.gov]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
These were always in the grocery store, for like 10 cents or something.

[Linked Image from quilts.com]

I remember buying two bags for 15cents at the general store in Four Buttes MT in the late sixties. That stuff was powdery and you had to be on your rolling game.

Yep. Very dry. Didn't want to stay on the paper.

An old timer I worked for as a teen used to say a real cowboy could roll one while riding horseback, on a windy day. That would be a feat.

Thats one reason to carry in the front shirt pocket....so the tobacco will be humidified from the body.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Back in the late 60's it was LSMFT or Pall Mall but preferred unfiltered Camels. In the 70's changed to Marlboro due to the perceived notion a filter was healthier. My Daddy did Tarleyton and L&M and emphysema got him in 1988 which was the year I quit. Doctors convinced me that Copenhagen was likely more harmful than cigarettes due to the extreme nicotine content so I quit that in 2011. Since addiction is a lifetime long fight...I finally gave in and now puff on a pipe and have a daily cigar. I don't inhale on purpose.

Looking back I kinda think those L&M etc. cigarettes were nothing but a sham to cover up inferior tobacco and perhaps even some toxic chemicals. Just tear the filter off one and try it!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Smoked a neighbor's dad's Pall Mall & Camel filterless. Didn't mind a bit. But always preferred Marlboro reds and then later, whites.

Politics is War by Other Means
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
i started smoking when i was 12yo. it got to be habit when i was 16yo. it was Winston Lights till i got to 27 or 28yo. then it was Marlboro Reds till i was 39yo. it's been 12 years since i fired it up, ok, i had a stroke and i quit smoking and drinking. at the time, it was like $5 a pack. now, i don't know, $8 or $10 a pack? no thank you!!!!

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Quit in 1970. Tried em all. Mostly Marlboro or Kent.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Hate to tell you guys but there is a special place for all of us. Some just a little sooner for some than others. Quit smoking 30 years ago but every once in a while an urge comes over for a cigarette. I don’t do it but the thought is real. Edk

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tdoyka
i started smoking when i was 12yo. it got to be habit when i was 16yo. it was Winston Lights till i got to 27 or 28yo. then it was Marlboro Reds till i was 39yo. it's been 12 years since i fired it up, ok, i had a stroke and i quit smoking and drinking. at the time, it was like $5 a pack. now, i don't know, $8 or $10 a pack? no thank you!!!!

Well, this post certainly helps explains your ramblings in the Ukraine thread.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
ftw,

[Linked Image from windycitycigars.com]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ERK
Hate to tell you guys but there is a special place for all of us. Some just a little sooner for some than others. Quit smoking 30 years ago but every once in a while an urge comes over for a cigarette. I don’t do it but the thought is real. Edk
At your age, you might as well go ahead and indulge! laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by add
ftw,

[Linked Image from windycitycigars.com]
You get them doctored up in the 'hood with the angel dust?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Caplock
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
These were always in the grocery store, for like 10 cents or something.

[Linked Image from quilts.com]

I remember buying two bags for 15cents at the general store in Four Buttes MT in the late sixties. That stuff was powdery and you had to be on your rolling game.

Yep. Very dry. Didn't want to stay on the paper.

An old timer I worked for as a teen used to say a real cowboy could roll one while riding horseback, on a windy day. That would be a feat.

Thats one reason to carry in the front shirt pocket....so the tobacco will be humidified from the body.

Yeah, that makes sense.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My Dad smoked Pall Mall until he was 41, when he died of cancer. Still remember riding to Domino’s, our neighborhood grocery store, and buying Pall Mall’s for him.

Marlboro for me on and off until I was 50. Have not smoked in nearly 12 years.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Malboros, then to Camel filters, quit 40 years ago. Couldnt smoke today, BUT, still love the smell of a fired up Camel.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

369 members (260Remguy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1lesfox, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,579 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,617
Posts18,473,985
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.