M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
https://www.breitbart.com/news/fire...-information-newly-released-records-say/

We found some in a California make shift lab,
But they were "covert".
Turduh and Bidumb make a heck of a team!
😡😡😡

Let him grow, Shoot a doe !
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Monkeymaster;
Good morning, I trust this last day of the 2nd month finds you well.

Here's a couple videos with the leader of the opposition's take on it.

Longer version including French.

One more with some other MPs. Michael Chong who spoke 2nd was targeted by the CCP

Shocked, absolutely shocked I tell you..

In truth this has been known for some time. There were a couple scientists deported back to China from that lab as well.

Crazy stuff really.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 02/29/24. Reason: more information

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Trudeau has always admired China. They interfere in elections for him but we now know that that comes at a cost.

Nick

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Good article on this by Lorrie Goldstien.

SCANDALOUS

Newly released documents show concerns of CSIS and Public Health Agency of Canada investigators led to the dismissal of two scientists at Winnipeg’s top-level biolab.
We now know why Prime Minister Justin Trudeau fought so hard to keep secret the documents revealing scientists Xiangguo Qiu and her husband Keding Cheng were fired from Canada’s highest security biolab because of their undisclosed relationships with agencies of the People’s Republic of China.

It was the same reason Trudeau fought so hard to avoid a public inquiry into China’s interference in the last two federal elections until political and public pressure left him with no choice.

Both controversies reveal the same thing: The Trudeau government’s appalling record of failing to stand on guard for the safety and security of Canadians in the face of China’s brazen and continuing interference with our democracy.

Documents released this week, almost four years after the fact, finally revealed the full story about why Qiu and Cheng were marched out of

Winnipeg’s Level 4 National Microbiology Laboratory

— which does research on some of the world’s deadliest infectious diseases — in July 2019, before being officially terminated in January 2021, after their security clearances were revoked.

The reason was that by then, CSIS and Public Health Agency of Canada investigators had concluded the scientists were “a realistic and credible threat to Canada’s economic security.”

Qiu, in particular, CSIS said, “developed deep, co-operative relationships with a variety of People’s Republic of China institutions and has intentionally transferred scientific knowledge and materials to China in order to benefit the PRC, and herself, without regard for the implications to her employer or to Canada’s interests.”

Even when confronted with evidence of these activities,

CSIS said, Qiu lied about these relationships.

While those investigations were going on, Trudeau, when confronted by questions from the opposition parties demanding answers about security lapses at the Winnipeg lab, accused the questioners of anti-asian racism, while his government claimed the information had to be kept secret for reasons of national security.

That’s the same tactic he used, initially, when questioned about China’s interference in the last two federal elections — playing the race card while invoking national security.

This before he was finally compelled to agree to a public inquiry into foreign interference — grudgingly — in the face of months of opposition and public pressure to do so.

But that’s not all the Trudeau government did in a bid to keep the Winnipeg lab security documents secret.

For months, it rejected demands from a special Commons committee on Canada-china relations to release the documents, as well as from the House of Commons itself and ultimately from thencommons Speaker Anthony Rota.

Instead, the Trudeau government went to court to keep the documents secret until dropping the case after the issue became moot, because of the 2021 federal election, which dissolved Parliament.

After the election, then Trudeau government house leader Mark Holland struck an ad hoc allparty committee to examine the lab investigation documents.

It concluded most of them could be released without endangering national security and that the real reason the government tried to keep them secret for so long was not due to legitimate national security concerns, but out of embarrassment for the internal security failures it revealed.

In releasing the documents, Holland, now health minister, acknowledged the security situation at the lab was unacceptable and that proper security protocols were not followed, but he insisted he is “absolutely certain” — and the documents establish — “that no sensitive information left the lab.”

But at this point, given its record, how would this government even know?

Article Name:SCANDALOUS
Publication:Toronto Sun
Author:LORRIE GOLDSTEIN lgoldsteinpostmedia.com @sunlorrie
Start Page:7
End Page:7

Hugh
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am not surprised at this point to learn of a coverup involving spies in Canada, our Country is full of them.
I wonder if the bigger story is what were they doing here to begin with?

I wouldn't doubt if Canada among other Countries were/are all in on creating biological weapons for the nefarious use on Mankind, in fact, I believe this at this point.

Communist's and the founders of Communism in cahoots with other Countries....is anyone surprised?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
I am not surprised at this point to learn of a coverup involving spies in Canada, our Country is full of them.
I wonder if the bigger story is what were they doing here to begin with?

I wouldn't doubt if Canada among other Countries were/are all in on creating biological weapons for the nefarious use on Mankind, in fact, I believe this at this point.

Communist's and the founders of Communism in cahoots with other Countries....is anyone surprised?

not surprised at all i am hearing to many stories to doubt Chinese involvement in all government affairs and any info that gives the Ccoms what they want,

Look around us everywhere we are and exist we use chinese produced products cell phones , computers ,Tictoc . Companys that deal with them need to give them all company jnfo, our stupid Gov has let them buy land mass and natural resourses . It came to me a few days ago that almost every Chinese person visiting or living here walks around taking selfies in industrial and government settings. Students in Highschool and universities can send anything back to China.. Stories of C police stations and camps in spots around the country.

Look at the States where thousands of young C men are crossing the border WHY HOW MANY >

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The Liberals and NDP are right this time. There is no urgency for an emergency committee meeting as they have covered this up for 4 years.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...a41cac3f37a85c582703a&ei=32&rc=1

Hugh
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I’m not surprised that’s going on in your country just look what is going on down here. China plays the long game and are very good at finding corrupt people to exploit. At least you’re getting rid of a few.

G
GRF Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
We had Chicom soldiers being trained in Canada to improve their winter fighting skills.

I chit you not. I’m sucking attaching the link. A quick search will pull up details if you want details.

The more one finds out about the Trudeau / Biden axis of evil the more infuriating it becomes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GRF;
Good evening my friend, I hope you're all well.

If you have 90 minutes sometime, that video with the female Canadian Forces Vet in Afghanistan was eye opening and sobering for me to say the least.

Listen to the last 5 minutes when she talks about MAID here even.

Holy Smokes...

Dwayne

IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by BC30cal
GRF;
Good evening my friend, I hope you're all well.

If you have 90 minutes sometime, that video with the female Canadian Forces Vet in Afghanistan was eye opening and sobering for me to say the least.

Listen to the last 5 minutes when she talks about MAID here even.

Holy Smokes...

Dwayne
I’m going to watch it tomorrow. I forgot about the Chicoms training up there.

Last edited by Nestucca; 03/04/24. Reason: Autocorrect
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nestucca;
Good evening to you sir, thanks for the reply.

I knew we were treating our vets horribly, but not that horribly somehow or maybe it was just coming from her that drove it home.

Not sure how to articulate it more coherently than that.

There's a whole lot we need to fix up here, that's certain.

All the best.

Dwayne

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
They treat ours down here like crap while handling out phones,money and medical cards to fighting age males invading our country on the southern border everyday.

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Trudeau is every bit out of touch with reality as our own FJB. Pretty sad state of affairs. Gob Bless Canada and the USA.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Interesting read from today's National Post. While I knew that the one scientist had transferred the genetic sequencing for the Ebola virus to the lab in Wuhan I did not know she was working on bat virus sequencing as well. Sure wish we could have an investigation in this actually go somewhere and have an outcome instead of the continual coverup.

Liberals keeping us in the dark
Committee vetoes inquiry into scientists

The House of Commons Ethics Committee shut down an emergency request by Conservative MP Michael Chong to investigate the firing of two Chinese scientists at the Winnipeg National Microbiology Laboratory in 2021.
CANADA DOES NOT TAKE SECURITY THREATS SERIOUSLY.

— TASHA KHEIRIDDIN

Who calls the shots in Canada, Ottawa or Beijing? It's becoming harder to tell, especially after this week's shameful performance by the House of Commons Ethics Committee.

On Monday, the Liberal-dominated committee shut down an emergency request by Conservative MP Michael Chong to investigate the firing of two Chinese scientists, Xiangguo Qiu and her husband Keding Cheng, at the Winnipeg National Microbiology Laboratory in 2021. Chong made the request after the government released 600 pages of documents revealing that Qiu and Cheng had basically been spying for the People's Republic of China (PRC), developing “deep, co-operative relationships” with institutions there and transferring Canadian scientific knowledge and materials to the Chinese government.

Last week, Health Minister Mark Holland acknowledged that the documents reveal a “lax adherence to security protocols.” Chong's motion sought to find out who knew what, and when, about this scandal, to determine why security breaches and covert operations were not caught earlier.

And Canadians deserve answers. When the story first broke in 2021, the Liberals refused to release the documents. Now that they have, we know that the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) had been monitoring the scientists for years. CSIS warned that Qiu was collaborating with China to increase the “gain of function” of some of the deadliest pathogens on earth. Qiu even transferred the Ebola genetic sequence to China, leading CSIS to label her a threat to Canadians' health. According to reporting by investigative journalist Sam Cooper, she also led a “synthetic bat filovirus” project with the Wuhan Institute of Virology, the same lab that the FBI has concluded is a “likely source” of the virus that caused the COVID-19 pandemic.

“This is a grave and serious matter,” Chong told the committee. “These Winnipeg lab breaches are part of a broader pattern by this government of neglecting Canada's national security.”

The Liberals' response? MP Iqra Khalid dismissed the idea, saying “It's not necessary, it's not urgent.”

Really? In this time of rising geopolitical instability, it's hard to think of anything that is more necessary, or urgent, than national security. Europe is girding for war with Russia while Taiwan is bracing for potential invasion by China. Donald Trump may return to the White House and threatens to leave NATO members who don't “pay up” to the mercy of Vladimir Putin. Meanwhile, Israel is still fighting to eradicate Hamas after the horrors of Oct. 7, which the terror group has vowed to repeat.

In other words, the world is becoming an increasingly hostile place. And lest politicians think Canadians haven't noticed, they should think again. A recent Angus Reid poll shows that 29 per cent of Canadians now say military preparedness and Canada's place on the world stage is their top political priority, up from 12 per cent a decade ago. Fifty-three per cent say Canada should increase its defence spending level to the NATO benchmark of two per cent or beyond. An EKOS poll found that 71 per cent believe that Canada is not taken seriously by other countries on international defence and security issues and one in three think our allies see us as “weak” on defence.

Either the Liberals don't get it, or they get it far too well. For the past year, they have been dodging public scrutiny on China's involvement in multiple facets of Canadian life, from elections to business to security. While they were finally forced to call a public inquiry into electoral interference this year, its chair, Justice Marie -Josée Hogue, granted standing to politicians accused of holding China's interests above Canada's. In response, several pro-democracy groups have withdrawn, fearing for the safety of their members — and exposing the inquiry for what it is, a sham.

The government may perceive the defeat of Chong's ethics committee motion as a procedural victory, but it's a pyrrhic one at best. It telegraphs to both our allies and adversaries that Canada does not take security threats seriously — or worse yet, that its government does not want to. And it tells Canadians that their priorities don't matter — despite the dire consequences.

Article Name:Liberals keeping us in the dark
Publication:National Post (National Edition)
Author:TASHA KHEIRIDDIN Postmedia News Tasha Kheiriddin is Postmedia's national politics columnist.
Start Page:A8
End Page:A8

Hugh

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,260 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,136
Posts18,483,966
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.