Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by hanco
I hunted a 10,000 acre place in Ozone Texas. It was open enough a hunter could walk and hunt. It was my favorite place ever. I liked easing up on a large canyon, used a wrist rocket to launch rocks into the brush in bottoms to see what came running out. I killed a lot of good bucks that way. They would come flying out, stop to see WTF. That was fun. Every place else was too thick, had to go the stand and feeder program.

Don’t you mean, Ozona?

Yes. Loved that place, south of town, close to the Devils River. A guy named Bob Childress owned many thousands of acres there.

Was once invited to hunt in Ozona, but you know, miles & miles of Texas gets the better of me sometimes. Living in Deer Park, the 350 mile drive to the Hill Country was about all I could stand in 2003. Now, the 150 mile drive to Gonzales is as much as I can appreciate.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Poor Blackie. He's 1800 miles from TX and we've ruined the hunting up there for him. Condolences sent.
You haven't ruined anything for me personally. I have way more land to hunt in my immediate area than you ever will living in Texas..

I will suffer a fool long enough to ask, watt’s your stupid point?

Is there someone forcing you to come to the great state of Texas against your will to the point that you feel the need to disparage our way of life?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Poor Blackie. He's 1800 miles from TX and we've ruined the hunting up there for him. Condolences sent.
You haven't ruined anything for me personally. I have way more land to hunt in my immediate area than you ever will living in Texas..

I will suffer a fool long enough to ask, watt’s your stupid point?

Is there someone forcing you to come to the great state of Texas against your will to the point that you feel the need to disparage our way of life?
I don't suffer fools well at all, especially one from Texas too stupid to figure it out for himself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
just a NYer that thinks he is god, I worked up there years ago and they all think they know more than any body, so don't blame him they are all that stupid

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I agree with this portion of what you said

they're too fuucking greedy … the inability of many , particularly youngsters, to afford to pay to play. It's killing the the future of the sport.

In Texas, the lease charges are astronomical. And it is making hunting inaccessible to some people. Land owners have become ridiculously greedy. When I was a boy, my automotive mechanic father and truck driver uncle could afford a lease for me and my cousins. I was a very well paid white collar worker and I could not afford to take my son hunting.

I do see the risk to the sport of hunting. Too many young men have grown up NOT hunting and they will not understand why they should object to liberal reforms that could ultimately end hunting.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by AdventureBound

they're too fuucking greedy … the inability of many , particularly youngsters, to afford to pay to play. It's killing the the future of the sport.

In Texas, the lease charges are astronomical. And it is making hunting inaccessible to some people. Land owners have become ridiculously greedy. When I was a boy, my automotive mechanic father and truck driver uncle could afford a lease for me and my cousins. I was a very well paid white collar worker and I could not afford to take my son hunting.

I do see the risk to the sport of hunting. Too many young men have grown up NOT hunting and they will not understand why they should object to liberal reforms that could ultimately end hunting.

Wonder how many young men have fathers that have a $700 to $900 a month truck note?

My hill country lease of 1,700 acres costs me about $165 per month.

I see it more a matter of priorities.

Quien Sabe,

GWB

Agreed. A big bonus to leasing private ground is that it keeps the trash like BlackietheAdirondackQueen out.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by AdventureBound

Wonder how many young men have fathers that have a $700 to $900 a month truck note?

My hill country lease of 1,700 acres costs me about $165 per month.

I see it more a matter of priorities.

Quien Sabe,

GWB

Agreed. A big bonus to leasing private ground is that it keeps the trash like BlackietheAdirondackQueen out.

Looks like ya' beat me to it!

Oh well,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
GWB - $165/month is not bad at all. I am happily surprised to hear that you have a hill country lease for that price.

Last time I had a hill country lease (20+ years ago), the price was $1500/gun and being raised to $2500 the next year. While we were choking over the price increase, the landowner died and the kids sold off the land.

And I definitely agree with the point about priorities and $700 monthly auto payments.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Hanco,

Any prospects for another lease or stick to your east Texas location?

Quien Sabe,

GWB
Hanco,

Any prospects for another lease or stick to your east Texas location?

Quien Sabe,

GWB

Probably gonna stick with the East Texas lease

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[quote=RIO7]pete53, Good on ya! my Son and Granddaughters will be here to hunt pigs with me over spring break from college, you can't beat shooting and hunting with family. R

hunting with family is one of the greatest joys in life ! enjoy the family RIO7 and God Bless ,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
THANK YOU PETE, Rio7

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 16penny, 27 invisible), 2,016 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,268
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.