Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#19294927 03/13/24
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Do you think soft people are just that way and can never change or are they that way only because the circumstances allow them to be like that? Take it away and they'd toughen up?

Recent events in Hati and other places in the world/world history got me to thinking.

SHTF happens (whatever that looks like for you) - it's likely a lot of elderly will pass. No more access to meds, O2 services and the like.

But what about the 27 year old theater major who got "triggered" because you didn't use xin/xer pronouns that made your coffee this am? They can "afford" to be soft in the traditional sense because the world allows it. When the world no longer provides the ability to be soft and survive - does that barista just die or do you think they actually harden up and survive?

People tend to find resolve and a will to survive when there's no other choice. Just curious as to what the rest think.

Me

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The soft people will die, along with a lot of hard people.

Boomers seem to gleefully look forward to the end of humanity, because obviously the world couldn't exist without them (the most selfish generation in American history). Societal collapse won't be cool or sexy. It's going to be horrific and tribal.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Natural selection.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Politicians have been training people to be DEPENDENT VICTIMS since the end of WW II.

O'Bongo AMPLIFIED THIS... with his "Great Division" campaign.

His "Hope" message grew every Karen and ignorant dependent of .GOV... into a PROFESSIONAL and LIFETIME VICTIM.

Even this forum... is saturated with them.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some will, some wont. I’ve been around plenty of kids that grew up on a farm, supposedly “tough” kids, but they didn’t have either the mental toughness or the physical endurance for the job or the lifestyle.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Boomers seem to gleefully look forward to the end of humanity, because obviously the world couldn't exist without them (the most selfish generation in American history). Societal collapse won't be cool or sexy. It's going to be horrific and tribal.

I think the hard people will die due to trying to hold onto the old way and go toe/toe with other hard people.

The real survivors will be basically used car salesmen - able to adapt to whatever's happening with no rigidity about today looking like yesterday. I feel like we're due for another late bronze age style collapse.

Me

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
Some will, some wont. I’ve been around plenty of kids that grew up on a farm, supposedly “tough” kids, but they didn’t have either the mental toughness or the physical endurance for the job or the lifestyle.

Yeah, I see that. I wonder tho if they don't last because there are alternatives. It's mental. When you have an "out" it's easier to take rather than stick it out.

Me

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

I think the hard people will die due to trying to hold onto the old way and go toe/toe with other hard people.

The real survivors will be basically used car salesmen - able to adapt to whatever's happening with no rigidity about today looking like yesterday. I feel like we're due for another late bronze age style collapse.

Kinda like cockroaches?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe there are a couple of movies that explain what will happen after the apocalypse :

Here is one of them.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The soft will simply be in the way, there are signs of it now.

The strong will truly be just that. It’s coming quickly.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
some will toughen up, but most won't.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Probably this.

How many boxcars full before those in line fight back sorta thing.

Me

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Probably this.

How many boxcars full before those in line fight back sorta thing.

Many many people will believe the great illusion of Hope and vote for same until they fall into the abyss.

It is their formal and lifetime training as victims.

Un-training that is not possible.

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A cannibal gang leader named Barbeque just overthrew a government in the western hemisphere. Wild headline if you think about it these days but I'm betting there are people in Hati doing things to survive today that they NEVER imagined having to do. (eating human penises probably not it but other things)

Me

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Alot of people scream about "cold dead hands" and "shall not be infringed" at the thoughts of another civil war. And here I sit realistic and just want my 2a rights to be able to end it myself because I'm a diabetic. Doesn't matter how many life skills I have when the insulin runs out if shtf.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
As soon as the physch meds dry up 3/4s of the population will not be able to function. They will weed themselves out.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I despise weakness, in the end times the hard will save the white man.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
people will have a hard time becoming what they despise in order to survive. killing without hesitation, no remorse...bob

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Our leaders in Washington will take care of everything. They are the best and brightest.

And Fred is satirical.

https://fredoneverything.org/the-buoyancy-of-%c2%a8psychopaths-and-the-genesis-of-the-great-asian-war/

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
There have always been wimps, I went to school with many of them. They can't handle a tough world, they can't handle man-talk. There are millions of young male/female who were raised by a 'modern mom' who would debate everything with them. They take that mindset into the working world and feel that their boss shouldn't tell them what to do. The boss should treat them like mummy did- allow them to decide what they want to do and praise them- give them a Trophy.
That's why so many ''live in moms basement''.
A collapse of their phone/video/chill with friends world would suck their will to live. < Mostly referring about males- females would resort to the worlds oldest profession.

Last edited by ol_mike; 03/13/24.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,596
Posts18,492,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.