Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
If any one has one tell me what you think about it….. I’m interested in buying one I think Pros and cons and any help finding one would be appreciated good clean one owner or better yet new old stock thanks in advance and happy shooting

HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are tough to swoon and a bargain basement version of the SPR. A poor Hunting Rifle and poor Play Toy...thus an EASY pass. Hint.

The bolts are the Goat Fhuqk CRPF and an easy pass. Hint.

Hogue stocks suck ass on centerfires. Hint.

CM spouts are junk. Hint.

If forced to suffer Winchester,go S/S CRF Classic,poke a real stock on it and better BM. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

At least the FN SPR's in Whizzum had C/L spouts,were CRF,have a real stock(McMillan) and weren't botched by Winny's Dog Schit proprietary DBM,that their 308's suffered. The A1 my preference,as I'm hard on schit and fixed furniture suits that best. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Hey Larry, what stock is that you replaced the old one with? I just picked one up in a 7 Whizzum, stainless with a wood stock and I need something while my Montucky is getting a new barrel.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MGW was THE hookup,for a goodly while,for various McMillan OEM handles they offered for FN's/70's. Hint.

Like all good things,that well dried up and I bough the pictured PSR-1(HTG/M40A1) pattern for $189.00. Were I a Winny Guy,I'd of stacked them up. Hint.(grin)

Winchester has long sucked heavy ass,in the Stock Department. I'd not toss any loot at a Whizzum Winny and would simply charge FULL steam ahead on the Montucky,as it's a vastly superior platform. Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The FN TSR is basically a newer version of the PBR XP. They have the MOA trigger, which is not as desirable as the oldstyle model 70 trigger the FN PBR uses. They use the Hogue overmolded stocks, and have a choice of floor plate or DBM. If I had the choice between both rifles, I'd pick the PBR XP. I'd suspect the TSR shoots as well as the PBR though. Both the TSR and PBR use the same/similar barrels, and not chrome lined like the SPR, which is a step above both of those rifles. Only because of it's better barrel, and Mcmillan stock. All else being the same as the old style FN PBR XP 300 WSM.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are sucking the wrong ass. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
They are tough to swoon and a bargain basement version of the SPR. A poor Hunting Rifle and poor Play Toy...thus an EASY pass. Hint.

The bolts are the Goat Fhuqk CRPF and an easy pass. Hint.

Hogue stocks suck ass on centerfires. Hint.

CM spouts are junk. Hint.

If forced to suffer Winchester,go S/S CRF Classic,poke a real stock on it and better BM. Hint.

At least the FN SPR's in Whizzum had C/L spouts,were CRF,have a real stock(McMillan) and weren't botched by Winny's Dog Schit proprietary DBM,that their 308's suffered. The A1 my preference,as I'm hard on schit and fixed furniture suits that best. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

Wonderful post! I really like the Rust Camouflaged highlighting on the Trigger Guard and Floor Plate Bottom Medal.
Schtick really knows how to recommend some real quality items to purchase and make your rifle better... please that camo pattern will expand, when the rifle is photographed in a stream, right along the side of the dead fish, Schtick shot, and let the concussion of the bullet hitting the water, shock and kill the fish. The way a real professional goes fishing... from a man who loves RUST CAMO on his "Quality" Equipment.

Excellent post Schtick! and great pictures...

Do have a question tho... When you use the quote of Goat F* ^ K, is this YOU Doing the Goat, or the GOAT doing you?
Actually either one is a little on the disgusting side...

But have a good day anyway Stumpy..... and once again EXCELLENT post especially with the RUST CAMO Stainless parts!
BOLD MOVE!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Appreciate the info, agree the Montucky is hard to beat and will be back to number one asap. Found the Winchester like new for $600 and thought I couldn’t hurt myself too bad for that price.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ernie_Scar
Appreciate the info, agree the Montucky is hard to beat and will be back to number one asap. Found the Winchester like new for $600 and thought I couldn’t hurt myself too bad for that price.

Winchester stocks have always been a bitter pill and with the McMillan change of hands,the grass isn't getting any greener. Though if a guy could score a Sako Hunter for a '70,it rates a thunk. Hint.

A Boyd's laminate can be whittled down a fair ways and might could grease the skids for you,in locating a 70 handle that will hang tight?!? Pass the Montucky Whizzum and hold The Fluff. Hint..................(grin)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 1badf350, 70 invisible), 2,705 guests, and 1,460 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,609
Posts18,492,430
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.