Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Today I noticed one of those cranes in front of my house. I figured the town was trimming my palm tree, and thought nothing more of it. Went out to the front yard this evening after dark, and my entire front yard is lit up bright. They installed a friggin powerful street light on the power pole. That lovely darkness out front, from which to star gaze at night, is now gone. I can hardly make out a star or planet now. SOBs!

I'm tempted to get out a .22 with a scope and take care if it.

Could this be a cause of action, interfering with someone's enjoyment of their property?
Request a more directional bulb...
I have seen people spray point the side of ground based lamps so the don't shine in the window.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
I’d think perhaps IDF or Mossad if no notice.
Unusually virulent Anti-Semitism is on full display on this forum by a few members. You can bet they have been noticed.

The JDL is the U.S. version of the Irgun or Stern Gang and has been driven undercover but they are still active.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You think tha light's bad, you've heard about the fluoride in the water, right? !

LOL

LOL
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by MadMooner
It wasn’t random and light poles ain’t what they used to be. Think cameras and directional microphones….

You’ve attracted their attention.

Ha Ha, like anyone would consider TRH and his ilk a threat. LOL!

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Fireball2
You think tha light's bad, you've heard about the fluoride in the water, right? !

LOL
Yes. I've been lucky enough to have never lived where the tap water is fluoridated. In the small town I live in now (and for more than 20 years), every time the Fluoride people come and do a presentation at a Town Hall meeting, they get booed down, and lose in a landslide. Folks here are Fluoride-wise.

You know it's a byproduct of aluminum smelting, right? If they didn't sell it to municipalities to put in the public water supply, they'd have to pay big money to dispose of it as a toxic waste substance per EPA regulations, which is what motivated them to sponsor all the research showing that it was like iodine in table salt, i.e., an additive that's a boon for public health instead of a toxic waste product.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It wasn’t random and light poles ain’t what they used to be. Think cameras and directional microphones….

Okay Boomer.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I can finally relate to Kramer's plight.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard

Okay Boomer.

Boomer?

😂

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2

LOL
Yes. I've been lucky enough to have never lived where the tap water is fluoridated. In the small town I live in now (and for more than 20 years), every time the Fluoride people come and do a presentation at a Town Hall meeting, they get booed down, and lose in a landslide. Folks here are Fluoride-wise.

You know it's a byproduct of aluminum smelting, right? If they didn't sell it to municipalities to put in the public water supply, they'd have to pay big money to dispose of it as a toxic waste substance per EPA regulations, which is what motivated them to sponsor all the research showing that it was like iodine in table salt, i.e., an additive that's boon for public health.

Yep. They sell billions of dollars worth to municipalities.

This is also how we ended up with Alzheimers causing aluminum in deodorant. The aluminum industry was trying to come up with a use for scrap, and they figured by grinding it into micro particles and selling it to P&G to embed in deodorant, they could increase profits.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
You don't like lights, you'd best not live in town.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For the guy who has a shower gun and one in every room in the house and you didn't go out and investigate an afternoon of racket in your front yard? Off day?

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Blackheart
You don't like lights, you'd best not live in town.
I live "in town" about like Andy Taylor lived in town on the show, i.e., just north of a one traffic light town.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
It's called a choice of living in town!!
And THAT'S the bottom line.......

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I guess living on a farm would be cool, except I'd need to be a farmer, unless I was independently wealthy and could live on a farm without farming.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess living on a farm would be cool, except I'd need to be a farmer, unless I was independently wealthy and could live on a farm without farming.

Have you ever noticed them big ole yard lights that every farmer and most acreage owners have. Most are lit up like a brick sh*t house in the fog.

Swifty
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Have you ever noticed them big ole yard lights that every farmer and most acreage owners have. Most are lit up like a brick sh*t house in the fog.
But they'd be under my control, though, right? Where. When.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

156 members (3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, 450yukon, 264mag, 19 invisible), 1,969 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,889
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.