Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
https://www.defense.gov/News/News-S...ircraft-systems-on-southern-border-like/

I saw Gen Greg Guillot testified before Congress about drone incursions at the border.

I grew up next farm from his grandparents, near Alexandria, LA. In fact my first car was a '58 Mercury yellow 2 door coupe that my Dad bought from his Grandmother. His Grandfather was a pipeline welder, ran a few cows at his farm.

His Dad, who we called Sonny, graduated from the Airforce Academy, spent his career as an AF pilot. Before the days of cell phones, when Sonny was in town, he'd buzz his folks home to let them know to pick him up at near by England Air Force Base. One day, while I was clipping a pasture with my Dad's 930 Case pulling a 15' Terrain King cutter. He lined me up with the house, did a low pass at full power. He came in from behind me; I could see the heat mirage off his exhaust as he blasted right over the trees. Almost had a laundry moment. He then did an 8 point vertical role over the house, peeling out toward the base.

The General is also an Airforce Academy grad like his Dad, who retired as a Col, went to work for a big aerospace company, retiring in AZ. His other son was running the SWAT team that pulled the Boston bomber out of that boat, if you remember that one. I'm not sure what agency he was with as it was a joint operation. Pretty distinguished people.

When I saw this press release, I was so proud of him, knowing his history. Just wanted to share.

DF

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Cool connection

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good story. Thanks for sharing. And bringing it to our attention.
Couple thoughts on what maybe going on with our southern border.
It’s been basically wide open since Pedo Joe took over. Who really knows what or who has come into our country.
Surely enemies of our country would take advantage of this. God only knows what they might be planning. Scary thought for me.
Muslims sneaking in nuclear or dirty bombs? Chinese special forces? The possibilities are as long as your imagination.
Also , Drones are fairly cheap and easy. I’m sure that coyotes are using them to track border patrol and sneak illegals in. Human trafficking for who knows what purposes.
Why in God’s name would anyone who is supposed to be serving this nation allow this?
Occam’s Razor.
The government has been waging undeclared war against the American people for some time now!
Think about it! Wake up, because it soon maybe to late!
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Thanks DF, sounds like a great man from a 1st class family! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
It’s been basically wide open since Pedo Joe took over. Who really knows what or who has come into our country.
Surely enemies of our country would take advantage of this. God only knows what they might be planning. Scary thought for me.
Muslims sneaking in nuclear or dirty bombs? Chinese special forces? The possibilities are as long as your imagination.
Also , Drones are fairly cheap and easy. I’m sure that coyotes are using them to track border patrol and sneak illegals in. Human trafficking for who knows what purposes.
Why in God’s name would anyone who is supposed to be serving this nation allow this?
Occam’s Razor.
The government has been waging undeclared war against the American people for some time now!
Reon
👍👍

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

I saw Gen Greg Guillot testified before Congress about drone incursions at the border.

I grew up next farm from his grandparents, near Alexandria, LA. In fact my first car was a '58 Mercury yellow 2 door coupe that my Dad bought from his Grandmother. His Grandfather was a pipeline welder, ran a few cows at his farm.

His Dad, who we called Sonny, graduated from the Airforce Academy, spent his career as an AF pilot. Before the days of cell phones, when Sonny was in town, he'd buzz his folks home to let them know to pick him up at near by England Air Force Base. One day, while I was clipping a pasture with my Dad's 930 Case pulling a 15' Terrain King cutter. He lined me up with the house, did a low pass at full power. He came in from behind me; I could see the heat mirage off his exhaust as he blasted right over the trees. Almost had a laundry moment. He then did an 8 point vertical role over the house, peeling out toward the base.

The General is also an Airforce Academy grad like his Dad, who retired as a Col, went to work for a big aerospace company, retiring in AZ. His other son was running the SWAT team that pulled the Boston bomber out of that boat, if you remember that one. I'm not sure what agency he was with as it was a joint operation. Pretty distinguished people.

When I saw this press release, I was so proud of him, knowing his history. Just wanted to share.

DF
don't want to hijack the thread or get it crosswise but I got one unrelated question. you grew up near Alexandria Louisiana have you ever been in that pawn shop but they have the show about there in Alexandria?

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Proud Frenchmen. The senior Guillot, who was our neighbor and good friend of my Dad, was named by his Mom after one of the Three Musketeers, Athos. I always thought that was interesting.

A lot of our local people of French descent, are not Cajuns. They were not run out of Canada by the British; they came directly from France.

Good folks, solid citizens. I will keep up with General Greg Guillot as his career as a 4 star AF general evolves.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Cool friend to have!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by ldholton

DF
don't want to hijack the thread or get it crosswise but I got one unrelated question. you grew up near Alexandria Louisiana have you ever been in that pawn shop but they have the show about there in Alexandria?
Have driven by it many times, Cajun Pawn Shop.

Founder and owner, Jimmy DeRamus, passed away at M. D. Anderson in Houston, complications from cancer.

He had built a fancy house in a swanky neighborhood, was definitely a local celebrity with a following. Didn’t know him personally.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any relation to a Randy Guillot, who would now be about 60 years old?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Occam’s Razor.
Reon
Yeah, as a country I think we’re in a dangerous place and with weak leadership. Hopefully this November we can turn it around.

I think this man is in the right place at the right time.

Keep him and our country in your prayers.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Don’t know Randy. More info?

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Don’t know Randy. More info?

DF

Don't have any, really. Just a pretty good dude I knew in college, ca. 1985-89. Great guy. Biker oriented.

Just a long shot here on my part.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I tell you, I pray for our country every day, right after I thank God for putting me here!
I wish to heck there was more of me, but I think there’s still enough of us to take the trash out.
The stench is getting horrible, and the time has come.
I hope that we can save this country short of bloodshed. But I think the bad guys are too deep.
I’m thinking it’s gonna be French Revolution if it comes.
Kill ‘em all, and let God sort ‘em out, as we said in the Army.
As a Christian now, I don’t feel that way. But I’m afraid that’s what’s coming.😒

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
He sounds like an honorable man. Didn't know we had any more left in the military, it's been degraded so much.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Great Campfire story.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
👍👍👍

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
DF, just wondering how close and on what side of Alec you grew-up/are in. I have many relatives in the Chocot/Turkey Creek area and a few around Clearwater! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by memtb
DF, just wondering how close and on what side of Alec you grew-up/are in. I have many relatives in the Chocot/Turkey Creek area and a few around Clearwater! memtb
I’m Southeast of town toward LSUA.

Those areas are due South on down the road a piece. Some good folks from those areas. Have good friends from down there.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I was amused listening to the Congressional hearing with Gen Guillot, how some of those guys pronounced his name. Of course, living where I grew up, that never was a problem.

One pronounced it "Geo" as in the car GM made for a while, with a soft "G". It's Gee'-Oh with a hard "G".

A cattlemen I knew back in the day and from the Lafayette area, pronounced it "Gilly-Ot", I guess he got tired of Anglo's trying to pronounce his name, went with the flow.

At least this family stuck with the original French pronunciation and I respect that.

DF

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (160user, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,445 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,167
Posts18,484,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.