Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Faith, forgiveness are required of God’s chosen. That does not replace retribution. Both go hand in hand. Were things this bad when a man had to pay for the things that he done? Removal of the death penalty from a gaggle of liberals. That was stupid, stupid, stupid. Now look where we are.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I was very much in that trap and finally have found - fought my way out of it and I hope you do the same... What I did was to work on my focus... what was I focusing on... Eternity in heaven and trying to get there and helping others to do so.... or focusing on worldy difficulties... I have gotten to where I just shake my head a lot more at things in the world and focus on the future in heaven.... Honestly I know I cannot change things here on earth on a world stage but I can change things in my immediate sphere... I vote and then try to leave it there.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I say, "I am a Christian."........

...I'm not shouting "I am clean living!".
I'm whispering, "I was lost, but now I'm found and forgiven!"

...I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

...I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

...I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean up my mess.

...I'm not claiming to be perfect. My flaws are far too visible, but God believes that I am worth it.

...I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

...I'm not holier than thou. I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace.....somehow!

This doesn't mean go out and sin and curse all who upset you, it just means that God realizes we are fallible and fall off the wagon quite often.

I don't believe anybody ever said it was easy!

Last edited by MartinStrummer; 03/16/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My theology is too weak to be helpful on that end.

Lucky in that I don't hate, or carry grudges.
Anger however?....yeah.

We need to keep abreast of current events,
know what's going on and how we (think) we can affect things.

But in moderation.
Do not become obsessed.

One thing that keeps me stable, and I preach to our family.

You are responsible for you.

If you do good, and someone else doesnt.
That's on them.

Doesn't matter what those around you do.
Doesn't matter if someone tries to destroy your work.
You do you, do what's right.
Much of the time all a good man really has, is knowing he did right.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
When I struggle with hatred for those I feel are ruining our country I remind myself of three things
1. God is good, righteous and just and His judgement will be perfect! NOBODY will get away with anything.

2. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

3. And please don't kill the messenger, if America's decline is part of God's plan for end times then there's nothing we can do to stop it.

Little different context but as Gamaliel said in Acts 5:39 "But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop them. You may even find yourselves fighting against God.” If this is true then God is just using the unregenerate to help accomplish His plan, same as He has done many times in the bible.

As for wife and I, we live in Calif and we fight, donate, call and send emails to our politicians, go to rallies, 2A, pro life, State of Jefferson, Tea-party etc. but if God ever says stop then we will stop. Most important, ALWAYS rejoice that neither man or satan can ever thwart Gods plan for us!!

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
You are all very fooking conflicted .

Don't you hate when that happens?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was full of piss and vinegar when I was younger. All that's pretty much gone now but one thing that my sainted Mother has always said, and has stuck with me is...
God will get them.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cisco1
You are all very fooking conflicted .

Don't you hate when that happens?
Nah - no hate for that. Without certain conflicts from time to time, things probably would have become rather boring.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
7mm, I deal with this too. I absolutely loathe people and organizations that are out to destroy our freedoms and way of life. It particularly angers me when I think of the misery our future generations will inherit. While I can pray that my enemies have a change of heart and repent of their sadistic ways, I cannot pray for their well being. The good lord uses people to do his bidding. Perhaps motivated Patriots will be needed again, at some point in the future.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Lotta good post on here, and I think I can find in my heart to ignore the the evil doers who are screwing the nation that I have daily thanked God for. It’s tough, but i know that I am responsible for me alone. I still have it on my heart to try to reach those I care about, my kids and my nephew.
I have sometimes met with open hostility in this. All I know to do is ask God to maybe prepare the road for me.
Nothing I would love more than to reunite my family on that “Big Mountain” that The Old Man spoke of hunting.
I honestly believe that God Himself is a hunter. I believe this because i know the bond between hunters is often stronger than blood.
Thanks for all your posts and advice. Also thanks to the trolls for not dragging this into the mud!😀
Saving yourself from the evil that surrounds us ain’t easy. You have to keep your eye on the ball, and this thread has helped me to regain my focus.
Please Father, ease the road that You wish me to follow. And again, I thank You for the great life and wonderful nation You have given me! Please help me to pass this wonderful heritage on to the younger generations.
In Christ Holy Name. I ask for the strength to do what You command of me.
Amen.
Reon

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 03/16/24.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Never forget but remember from time to time who done you wrong.

It's kind of healthy to be pissed off bad once in a while.

Just don't let it control your life,it could kill you bottled up.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve gotta say this, before I go to bed
Carol was my first true love. It was her, and wanting to marry and start a family, that made me join the service.
We shared 23 great years together, and she gave me Ben, who I love and admire. He’s a great son.
I put a lot of years into making myself a hunting partner, but now he lives 8 hours away!😀 That’s okay. He and my DIL are my kids, and I know how much God has truly blessed my life!.
I really thought by now, Carol and I would be enjoying our lives together. I thought, hoped, that I would be training a new generation of hunters and gun nuts by now.
Didn’t work out like I planned!
People change, and Carol left me, really took advantage of me leaving me with debt I couldn’t pay. The center of my world did this to me. For a year and a half, I went to bed hoping that I wouldn’t wake up. I never lost my faith, but I did lose confidence in churches.
Christ warns me, that I have to forgive, in order for me to be forgiven myself. I have found a new church that is truly a spirit feeding church. If I miss a day, I honestly feel that I might have missed something that God wanted me to hear!😀
I find it hard to forgive some things. As I said, hate and anger are very powerful emotions.
But I know that God truly numbers the hairs on my head. His will I will follow to the best of my ability, for the rest of my life.
Reading the Book and prayer are the best weapons I have in a dark world. I know that I’m only passing through here.
Christ also said that He has prepared for me a room, in His Father’s mansion. I hold to His word!
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
God bless you brother. When I feel powerless, disappointed, angry or fearful of where our country appears to be headed, I just remind myself that God truly is in control, and remember how I should live in recognition of that fact. Honestly, I would love for Obama, and Hilary, and Slow Joe and Pelosi, and the global elitist and the enviro-nazis etc, etc, to all come to a saving knowledge of who Jesus Christ is, and put their faith and trust in Him, and repent of their sins and change their ways. That would be a great thing.

God has this, and we know how it turns out in the end.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I pray they will meet their maker before the undertaker.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
I know it is not very Christian of me, but I am weak and I hate. They are evil and if I had the powers to smite...THERE WOULD BE NO SCUM WALKING
MYSELF.

Just think how nice it would be to have every one of them keel over when they first touch a podium to lie.

Only a few would really have to die before they got The Message.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Faith, forgiveness are required of God’s chosen. That does not replace retribution. Both go hand in hand. Were things this bad when a man had to pay for the things that he done? Removal of the death penalty from a gaggle of liberals. That was stupid, stupid, stupid. Now look where we are.

Is having to forgive a New Testament requirement or just in the Old, as in 1 Corinthians? whistle

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Dons99
When I struggle with hatred for those I feel are ruining our country I remind myself of three things
1. God is good, righteous and just and His judgement will be perfect! NOBODY will get away with anything.

2. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

3. And please don't kill the messenger, if America's decline is part of God's plan for end times then there's nothing we can do to stop it.

Little different context but as Gamaliel said in Acts 5:39 "But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop them. You may even find yourselves fighting against God.” If this is true then God is just using the unregenerate to help accomplish His plan, same as He has done many times in the bible.

As for wife and I, we live in Calif and we fight, donate, call and send emails to our politicians, go to rallies, 2A, pro life, State of Jefferson, Tea-party etc. but if God ever says stop then we will stop. Most important, ALWAYS rejoice that neither man or satan can ever thwart Gods plan for us!!

GOD'S will is that all be righteous. It's Satan and his control over the flesh that get people off track. When our nation is going down it isn't what HE is pushing, though HE knows it's all going to hell in a hand basket.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I’m sometimes hesitant to post about religious topic.
Haters always try to drag them into mud slinging and whizzing matches.😒

Reon

Why? Aren't we to expect to buck headwinds as His desciples? Which book of the Bible does He warn the timid they won't like His take on those who are Christian warriors as He is in righteous battles. HE is the Great Warrior and in that book He says He will not be happy with those to weak and spineless to go into battle with Him.

Was JESUS a shrinking violet who was afraid to make waves and make enemies by saying the truth? He too wanted everyone to love Him but He realized, as should we, you can't make everyone happy.

Re mudslinging from the leftist minions of Satan, are we supposed to leave the battlefield for them to win? Did JESUS CHRIST leave the battlefield or fight for us? And Donald Trump....?

When HE is the Prince of Peace He is referring to us having peace in our hearts. He came not for Peace on Earth as we've been told. He came to set mother against daughter and father against son.

HE WANTS CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS. SOLDIERS FIGHT WARS for Truth and Justice.

We didn't fight when His and our enemies kicked GOD out of school.

We didn't want to make waves. Now they teach corksucking in our schools.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/16/24.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So everyone who thinks you are insane is a mudslinging minion of Satan?
Get help.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Did this poster on ignore have anything worthwhile to say, guys?
Did it say Amen or is it okay with kids being taught corksucking in our schools?

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/16/24.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (16gage, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 71 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,741
Posts18,495,077
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.