Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
**rifle is SPF**

WTS - Custom .35 Whelen based on a VZ-24 action. I bought this years ago for hunting Black Bear in Arkansas when a bunch of coworkers and I would get together and go up there. In the three years I went on that hunt, I never saw so much as bear scat. C'est la vie. I am downsizing my collection and trying to make enough room to put everything in one single safe and spare my wife the trouble of selling off so much stuff when something happens to me.

I cannot recall who built it originally, but it was fairly well done for an economy rifle. It is equipped it with a Timney trigger, a 3-position safety (either Dakota or Gentry, can't recall which), commercial bottom metal with hinged floorplate, Warne steel mounts, and a Bell & Carlson Medalist stock. This is a very solid hunting rifle without any functional issues. It feeds, fires, extracts, and ejects without any drama and is plenty accurate.

The bottom metal is finished with Norrell Moly Resin which has held up very well. The rest of the metal is blued, as it was when I received the rifle and the finish is still very good. The stock is in very nice shape as well.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

$825, and you pay the freight & insurance.

Personal check, Money Order, or Zelle for payment please.

FTF transaction possible in north Fort Worth area.

I have components available (225-grain Accubonds + I think maybe some brass) and a set of Redding FL dies, and and will make them available for the buyer before any of it goes in the Classifieds.

Please PM if interested.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
You have a PM

Home Of The Mollies

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,866 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,794
Posts18,477,352
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.