Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes, for you simpletons, social security is an entitlement, you worked for it, your entitled to it. Just like your pay checks. You work for those, your entitled to them.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by rickt300
But this is the definition they are pushing on us.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

What are you talking about? Who is “they”?

That would be Leroy headset and Jackoff Handy.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Yes, for you simpletons, social security is an entitlement, you worked for it, your entitled to it. Just like your pay checks. You work for those, your entitled to them.

I was forced to pay for it. I worked for the money I made.

Dog I rescued in January

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rickt300

I was forced to pay for it. I worked for the money I made.
Social security WAS PART OF YOUR PAY for work you did. You earned that money, the gov't took it, you're entitled to it. You always were. The gov't should have kept their filthy hands off of it in the first place. You bet your ass I want mine back and will take it without one iota of guilt. Only a moron tries to turn entitled into a bad word and make you feel guilty about taking something you earned and are entitled to receive in exchange for work you did. Obviously this place is full of morons.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
It is not my definition. It is the Oxford English Dictionary definition.

In the thread that spawned this boomer rage thread the OP asked for a "definition" of entitlement program and I provided him with a number of links showing that SS is an entitlement program. He got mad and said the one he looked at was not the definition itself (one of the later links was). He appears to have consoled himself with a few drinks, then posted this thread.

There is no amount of facts that will keep these boomers from trying to weasel their way out of this. They are so unbelievably incurious about the world that they didn't ever feel the need to know how any of these programs worked or how they were funded. You can see that in just about every comment one of them makes in these threads.

They were told the bread and circuses would never run out and they bought it the whole way.

You imply I had a choice with regards to paying in or not.

I would gladly take back every nickel I paid in, no interest needed and I will sign away any future fund transactions to me, or to the government.

I just looked at my SS statement. To date I have paid, along with my employer (which has been me for many years) over $530,000 in to the program. So yes, I feel I am entitled to draw off that money. By the time I retire I will have paid closer to $600,000 in to the program and will draw maybe $4000 a month at age 67.

That is not a very good return on my investment, but we had no choice but to pay in to the program.

IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
What about ppl on SS that never worked at all

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by earlybrd
This is a big part of the reason social security is going broke.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Yes indeed

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes indeed

and they believe they are entitled to SS

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Yes indeed

and they believe they are entitled to SS
A schit show smh

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You earned that money, the gov't took it, you're entitled to it. You always were.

As usual, you are not correct. I should be past surprise that you boomers lived your entire lives without bothering to learn anything about how these government programs work, but it still gets me.

Anyway, SS is funded via a tax. You have no contractual right to what you paid in because of that, and the money is not protected by the 5th Amendment. What you have is entitlement to benefits under the program if you qualify which you cannot be denied without Due Process.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
according to many experts if the social security funds were managed as intended there would be boos of money to pay out as intended in social security.
but the bureaucrats run it so of course it was not managed as intended and robbed from.
and then added other stuff for it to pay. so they're in lies the problem for the most part.

the youngsters that think it's just another tax and you're not entitled to nothing need to go back and do some history research..
I'm not sure social security was ever meant to be a total form of comfortable retirement but a bit of a guarantee you would have something to fall back on..

I have been told if you're self-employed you do not have to pay the social security but then you will not be eligible to draw anything. even if you work say 20 years but then worked another 10 plus years not paying in you will forfeit everything you paid in the first 20.
I have been told I do not know if this is 100% true or if this is still true.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
You earned that money, the gov't took it, you're entitled to it. You always were.

As usual, you are not correct. I should be past surprise that you boomers lived your entire lives without bothering to learn anything about how these government programs work, but it still gets me.

Anyway, SS is funded via a tax. You have no contractual right to what you paid in because of that, and the money is not protected by the 5th Amendment. What you have is entitlement to benefits under the program if you qualify which you cannot be denied without Due Process.
They took that money from of every pay check. I was entitled to it then, in compensation for work performed. Still am, since I never recived the full amount of payment for that work at the time, no matter how you or anybody else tries to spin it.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I’m 40 is there any hope

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldholton
the youngsters that think it's just another tax and you're not entitled to nothing need to go back and do some history research..

I didn't see where anyone made that claim. In fact, this thread exists because a Millennial told a boomer that SS is an entitlement program and that boomer threw a fit. You can see several others throwing the same fit over the course.

The fact is that a citizen is entitled to SS program benefits if they qualify and are to be paid out according to the benefit calculation the SSA uses.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m 40 is there any hope

Yes

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They took that money from of every pay check. I was entitled to it then, in compensation for work performed. Still am, since I never recived the full amount of payment for that work at the time, no matter how you or anybody else tries to spin it. You are. simpleton.

Yes, the money came out of your check as a tax to fund the program that your generation repeatedly voted for despite there being enough of you to stop it.

What you are entitled to benefits from that government program as long as you qualify. This is different from the money that was taken out of your check because SS can't work any other way.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Fantastic😃

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
They took that money from of every pay check.

Yes, as a tax to fund the program that your generation repeatedly voted for despite there being enough of you to stop it.

As long as you qualify you are entitled to benefits from that government program.
I don't recall the discontinuation of the SS program being up for grabs on any ballot.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
They took that money from of every pay check.

Yes, as a tax to fund the program that your generation repeatedly voted for despite there being enough of you to stop it.

As long as you qualify you are entitled to benefits from that government program.
I don't recall the discontinuation of the SS program being up for grabs on any ballot.
Tha majic Nigkra had a plan just like Obamacare

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (16gage, 117LBS, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 73 invisible), 2,957 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,736
Posts18,494,987
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.