R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by rickt300
Yes, for you simpletons, social security is an entitlement, you worked for it, your entitled to it. Just like your pay checks. You work for those, your entitled to them.

I was forced to pay for it. I worked for the money I made.
Social security WAS PART OF YOUR PAY for work you did. You earned that money, the gov't took it, you're entitled to it. You always were. The gov't should have kept their filthy hands off of it in the first place. You bet your ass I want mine back and will take it without one iota of guilt. Only a moron tries to turn entitled into a bad word and make you feel guilty about taking something you earned and are entitled to receive in exchange for work you did. Obviously this place is full of morons.

The point you are missing was that if the government TOOK it and I had no choice in the matter then it is a government mandate and not simply an entitlement.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by Stickfight
They took that money from of every pay check.

Yes, as a tax to fund the program that your generation repeatedly voted for despite there being enough of you to stop it.

As long as you qualify you are entitled to benefits from that government program.
I don't recall the discontinuation of the SS program being up for grabs on any ballot.
Tha majic Nigkra had a plan just like Obamacare
I'm an American not a Democrat so can't and won't vote for one.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes, for you simpletons, social security is an entitlement, you worked for it, your entitled to it. Just like your pay checks. You work for those, your entitled to them.

Social security WAS PART OF YOUR PAY for work you did. You earned that money, the gov't took it, you're entitled to it. You always were. The gov't should have kept their filthy hands off of it in the first place. You bet your ass I want mine back and will take it without one iota of guilt. Only a moron tries to turn entitled into a bad word and make you feel guilty about taking something you earned and are entitled to receive in exchange for work you did. Obviously this place is full of morons.

The point you are missing was that if the government TOOK it and I had no choice in the matter then it is a government mandate and not simply an entitlement.
I'm trying to tell you, you earned that money, should have received it in compensation for work you performed at the time you did it and should feel no guilt for taking it now. It's yours.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I’m with ya on that👍

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R

I'm trying to tell you you earned that money, should have received it in compensation for work you performed at the time you did it and should feel no guilt for taking it now. It's yours.

I am not saying I feel guilty about it, I am saying if I had been able to invest that money I could have done much better with it. Yes I earned that money but I should have been able to opt out of paying it into a slush fund for govt lunacy. I guess a new rifle or pistol every month or so isn't such a bad thing.

Dog I rescued in January

IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
So if they abolish SS who gonna pay me what I got in it🤷‍♂️

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
So if they abolish SS who gonna pay me what I got in it🤷‍♂️

It isn't going to be abolished. If you are only 40 they might cash you out with a free dinner at Golden Corral.

Dog I rescued in January

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
🤦‍♂️

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Stickfight[/quote
Anyway, SS is funded via a tax. You have no contractual right to what you paid in because of that, and the money is not protected by the 5th Amendment. What you have is entitlement to benefits under the program if you qualify which you cannot be denied without Due Process.
Originally Posted by ldholton
the youngsters that think it's just another tax and you're not entitled to nothing need to go back and do some history research..

I didn't see where anyone made that claim. In fact, this thread exists because a Millennial told a boomer that SS is an entitlement program and that boomer threw a fit. You can see several others throwing the same fit over the course.

The fact is that a citizen is entitled to SS program benefits if they qualify and are to be paid out according to the benefit calculation the SSA uses.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
But this is the definition they are pushing on us.

What are you talking about? Who is “they”?

That would be Leroy headset and Jackoff Handy.

You are either a liar, or an ignorant illiterate.

This is what I posted a few pages back
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
If the Gov. took your money under the guise of SS, you have the right to expect it back.

If they did not, you have no reason to expect anything.

You should be more careful when you run your mouth.
Hint: you are arguing with some people that agree with you, calm down and READ.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

IC B3

I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by IA_fog
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion; but it’s the basic definition of entitlement.

Look it up.

I did, and I feel differently than you about it.

You “feel” differently? It’s the first definition ffs. If you put in, you have a legal right to receive it. This isn’t hard.

By definition your pay check is an entitlement. If you work, you're entitled to get one.

Akwolverine, by your definition your car your house that you have paid for or are paying for are entitlements too

You already posses them.

It is not my definition. It is the Oxford English Dictionary definition.

So how is POSSESSING my pay (earning fair wages) then the government take it without my permission to “hold for me” entitlement

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Anyway, SS is funded via a tax. You have no contractual right to what you paid in because of that, and the money is not protected by the 5th Amendment. What you have is entitlement to benefits under the program if you qualify which you cannot be denied without Due Process.[/quote
the youngsters that think it's just another tax and you're not entitled to nothing need to go back and do some history research..

I didn't see where anyone made that claim. In fact, this thread exists because a Millennial told a boomer that SS is an entitlement program and that boomer threw a fit. You can see several others throwing the same fit over the course.

The fact is that a citizen is entitled to SS program benefits if they qualify and are to be paid out according to the benefit calculation the SSA uses.

I am not following.

You wrote:
the youngsters that think it's just another tax and you're not entitled to nothing

I wrote:
What you have is entitlement to benefits under the program if you qualify

A person can qualify by doing various things like being taxed, living to a specific age, not being a Communist, etc. As long as those qualifications are met that person is entitled to benefits defined under the SS program, which is not "not entitled to nothing". Unless you meant the double negative which if you do I appreciate the subtlety but I don't think you are that clever.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
🤔

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IA_fog
So how is POSSESSING my pay (earning fair wages) then the government take it without my permission to “hold for me” entitlement

It has been explained to you 47 times in this thread alone along with several links to back it up. Safe to say if you can't grasp it at this point you aren't going to.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
So I ain’t entitled 🤷‍♂️

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
You earned that money, the gov't took it, you're entitled to it. You always were.

As usual, you are not correct. I should be past surprise that you boomers lived your entire lives without bothering to learn anything about how these government programs work, but it still gets me.

Anyway, SS is funded via a tax. You have no contractual right to what you paid in because of that, and the money is not protected by the 5th Amendment. What you have is entitlement to benefits under the program if you qualify which you cannot be denied without Due Process.
Which does nothing to negate the fact that SS has been funded with a 12% to 15% portion of my wages since I turned 18. A "tax" collected with solemn assurances it would be returned to us at a later stage of life.

Not to mention Medicare which has been collected at 13% of my wages for my entire life. (Albeit, with a few short years of reduced tax rate.)

Entitled...YES. By the true definition of the word.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I’m so confused

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Not to mention Medicare which has been collected at 13% of my wages for my entire life.

Are you sure about that?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Not to mention Medicare which has been collected at 13% of my wages for my entire life.

Are you sure about that?

Take it easy, quite a few of these guys are emotional wrecks over all of this.

Many of them have now come to terms with the fact that SS is an entitlement program. Maybe let them recover a little. Re-dial in their blood pressure meds to adjust to this new normal, etc.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So I ain’t entitled 🤷‍♂️

There are 2 definitions to the word "entitle".
IE: You paid into SS, you are entitled to that money back (at a minimum) Hopefully it's there for you.
You served in the military, you are entitled to Va. services, etc.
Things or services that earned. Other than by being born.

The millennial definition of entitle is different. That definition provides for something that one thinks they are deserved of, which they did not earn or provide for.
IE: welfare, social programs, govt. cell phones, free internet, free college tuition, basically "gibs" me.
Based solely on their existence on the planet.

2 completely different definitions.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (12344mag, 160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,678
Posts18,493,839
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.