A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
She needs to cut her hair. She looks like a girl. Montana: queers and steers? laugh

You have a lot of nerve talking about a child when you are probably the biggest queer around here, so take your concern troll schtick elsewhere C(_)NT.

You put your kid on here looking like a hippie or a little girl, you've invited criticism. I predict the kid will become Trans, 'specially since Conrad is on board with that [bleep]. grin

^ ^ ^
Childless pos

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I just cleaned up on em.

321 yards.

With the 17? Impressive

Must be little to no wind.

Good pics. Good looking kids

You give us hope

Last edited by ribka; 03/17/24.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Good for taking the boy shooting but just blasting is building poor habits and a big flinch.

Is that the advice you give your own kids?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by marktheshark
JC I was recently given a one gallon ziplock bag nearly full of once fired mixed headstamp 9mm brass. If you want it its yours for free as I havent reloaded 9 in years.

marktheshark;
Good afternoon or evening already out in PA already, I hope the weekend behaved and this finds you well.

A tip of the battered Bailey for making that offer sir, sincere kudos as well.

Sometimes when our old cyber 'Fire seems to be more of a dumpster fire than a Campfire, someone steps up such as you've done and corrects course for a bit.

Thanks kindly for doing so sir.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
She needs to cut her hair. She looks like a girl. Montana: queers and steers? laugh

You have a lot of nerve talking about a child when you are probably the biggest queer around here, so take your concern troll schtick elsewhere C(_)NT.

You put your kid on here looking like a hippie or a little girl, you've invited criticism. I predict the kid will become Trans, 'specially since Conrad is on board with that [bleep]. grin
You dumfuk phaagut talkin about ppls kids hits below the belt

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

atta boy Big Jim

where's that dumm fhhuck taurquin from salmon now ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim;
Me again sir, I still hope you're all well and if the smiles on the photos are indicative, then you're running 100%.

Again I'll say that I'm looking back at a few things we did with our girls, who are now a decade and a bit ahead of your kids and I'm not now or ever trying to tell you or anyone what to do.

That said Jim, the girls still talk about the day we went to the range with a pair of Mk II target pistols, not for the first time of course but earlier on.

That day was special to them because I said as long as they kept them pointed downrange, they could run them dry as fast as they felt like and I'd load mags until my thumbs or the nearly 3 cartons of ammo ran out.

Well sir, they did heat those two pistols up alright and the ran through nearly 1500 rounds that afternoon.

One could not have wiped the smile off of either face for some time either.

And yes, they still bring up that day Jim.

So maybe just letting kids be kids and have some fun with a pistol can be forgiven once in awhile?

Thoughts from a fellow father looking back Jim, nothing more, nothing less.

Best to you all this week and thanks so much again for the photos.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by add
Good for taking the boy shooting but just blasting is building poor habits and a big flinch.

Is that the advice you give your own kids?

No.

Post a video of your kids and I will fix you up good and proper. Loser who has never posted any pictures or videos.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by renegade50
Work on his stance JC.
Not saying it to bust your chops at all.
Saying it because of who I was long ago.
Teach coach mentor NCO type of schit...
Goes against my nature to not try and improve others performance.
Gotta break bad trends before it gets ingrained 👍🏻

Left foot forward
Right foot back.
Just enough to get oblique and not squared to tgt.
Not over exaggerated stance per that.
Maybe 4 to 6 inches at most right toe behind left toe.
Natural hip wide spacing of feet.
Enough to get body oblique to tgt and allow aiming and pointing over strong arm only.

Body kinda oblique towards target with left side a little more forward than right.
Hard to explain in writing
But easy to do in person, especially with a young person wanting to learn and shoot.
Strong arm orientated towards tgt pointkng and aiming over its plane thru sights from the right side body being rear oblique.
Weak arm very slight bend to allow Strong arm forward thrust.
And a little forward lean from waist up (not over exaggerated )

He needs to get rid of the body squared to target and leaned back mode.

Once he gains muscle memory of body stance it will become 2nd nature.

His striker fired pistol grip per his hands actually ( "glock grip") looks good from what can be seen.
Have to get upclose and personal to really see it and show corrections if needed.
He might not have enough counter opposing force in his weak hand versus his strong hand forward force in his grip and the glock was biting him per the trigger guard.
Dunno....
Wasn't their watching him shoot standing on left side about 3 ft from him.
Or his lower 3 fingers per stong hand on grip were loosening up per more shots than intial ones.
Or might not have enough meat per his weak hand fill8ng in the grip on open left side of it that his strong hand can't cover nor ever will.
Grip is why his shots were going all over and the stance being poor form

But he also doesn't have adult size hands yet.

Dry fire practice will help him with stance, grip, sight picture, trigger squeeze and muscle memory overall.

I have not meant any degradation by this post.

Unlike what can be seen per other's little fuuked up innuendo shots.

Wish my dad was like you back when.
I might have actually liked the prick if he was even 1% the father you are to you kids.

Fuuuk it!!!
This was worth while dropping a post IMO..
JC is a solid Cat and he has a solid family....

And it ain't making Bin a fuuking cent AFAIC me dropping a post.

Ren, I hope you post more because there are a bunch of us that are hand gun novices.

I can shoot a bow, shotgun and a rifle reasonably well.

Hand gun, not so much.

I mean, I can shoot cans off a post every time but there is no way I could compete with anybody.

Advice like you shared is appreciated.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks great. Have him rotate forward at the hips and not lean back.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by marktheshark
JC I was recently given a one gallon ziplock bag nearly full of once fired mixed headstamp 9mm brass. If you want it its yours for free as I havent reloaded 9 in years.

marktheshark;
Good afternoon or evening already out in PA already, I hope the weekend behaved and this finds you well.

A tip of the battered Bailey for making that offer sir, sincere kudos as well.

Sometimes when our old cyber 'Fire seems to be more of a dumpster fire than a Campfire, someone steps up such as you've done and corrects course for a bit.

Thanks kindly for doing so sir.

All the best.

Dwayne

Hear Hear!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lot of talk about stance/grip that means nothing to a kid or litterally anyone. Foot here foot there is a long road to no where.

If you want a kid or anyone to very quickly learn stance/grip it does not require very much if any ammo.

With a safe backstop have them aim at a target. Grab the dust cover/lower frame of the the pistol. This also works with a rifle.

Tell them you will be pushing back and pulling forward and they need to adjust their stance/grip to keep the pistol as still as possible. Allow them to move anything. It's a game to find where their stance/grip is best.

Start pushing back and pulling forward. Add more push and pull as they adapt their stance to counter act your push and pull. Watch them move feet, shift hips, add grip strenght without any rounds.

Want to get real high tech and use a phone to record the changes.

In litterally less than 5 minutes a complete novice will get an 80% grip/stance without a single round of ammo.

This shit works and it's pretty close to free.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Love the thread title.

And the fact that Renegade rolled in and offered up great advice.

I'm only at page 5 and headed to bed. I'll read the rest in the morning.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
S n S casting, hard cast or powder coated bullets at some of the best prices.

Precision Delta for Jacketed.

There might be better, lower prices but it might take some searching.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

'Merica, right there boys and girls. Makes a feller proud.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

https://x.com/dilbertunzipped/status/1769467575556026417?s=46

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
A lot of talk about stance/grip that means nothing to a kid or litterally anyone. Foot here foot there is a long road to no where.

If you want a kid or anyone to very quickly learn stance/grip it does not require very much if any ammo.

With a safe backstop have them aim at a target. Grab the dust cover/lower frame of the the pistol. This also works with a rifle.

Tell them you will be pushing back and pulling forward and they need to adjust their stance/grip to keep the pistol as still as possible. Allow them to move anything. It's a game to find where their stance/grip is best.

Start pushing back and pulling forward. Add more push and pull as they adapt their stance to counter act your push and pull. Watch them move feet, shift hips, add grip strenght without any rounds.

In litterally less than 5 minutes a complete novice will get an 80% grip/stance without a single round of ammo.

Johnny NyQuil. How many hours of firearms instruction did you receive in the Air Force?

Lmao.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by ribka
Johnny NyQuil. How many hours of firearms instruction did you receive in the Air Force?

Lmao.

Enough to do this. You are welcome to post anything relevent to your pizz poor shooting. We will be waiting.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,107 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,775
Posts18,495,739
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.