Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hosfly
Honest question here ,, Has the US fought any war, where our nation was actually threatened? No disrespect at all to those who have served,, for those who have put it on the line I have nothing but respect,,
No any war since the Indian wars. The Spanish/American war wasn't to protect our nation nor any since. As a matter of fact we caused WW2 by our Spanish/American war winning us the Philippines which put us into conflict with Japan, and WW1 might very well have settled out much better without us involved and it would not have reignited into WW2. Any serious historian will tell you that WW1 and WW2 were the same war with a 20 year cease fire allowing everyone to rearm.

WW1 was winding down until we got into it at huge expense of money and men.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB4

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Honest question here ,, Has the US fought any war, where our nation was actually threatened? No disrespect at all to those who have served,, for those who have put it on the line I have nothing but respect,,
None taken by me, and I agree!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I spent my last two years in the USARMY in FT Hood, TX. That place was an organized crime ring

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H

Fair question.

The Japanese did bomb Pearl Harbor and occupied part of the Aleutian Islands.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Another lawyer is just what we need.

His father is a partner of a premier law firm with offices in Los Angeles, New Orleans and London.

If you did or didn’t do the deeds these are the folks you’d want to represent you.

Godson’s chosen field will lean towards Patent Law. I believe he’s been talking with Emory University.

Wow. Good for your godson. He could be Biden’s kid if I didn’t know any better.

Phfukk lawyers. I hope when he gets to the fleet some drunk LCpl beats his ass into the dirt and the Squadron Gunny tells him to man up.

But that won’t happen. Because now the corps wears masks and makes lawyers.

Pfphagggssssss

What’s the difference between a lawyer and a bucket of scheiiiit?

The bucket

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jericho
I spent my last two years in the USARMY in FT Hood, TX. That place was an organized crime ring

Nikkertown USA.

It’s not Ft. Hood anymore. CUZ DATS RACIS!!!

Now it’s Fort TrannyBeaner, or something like that.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

His father is a partner of a premier law firm with offices in Los Angeles, New Orleans and London.

If you did or didn’t do the deeds these are the folks you’d want to represent you.

Godson’s chosen field will lean towards Patent Law. I believe he’s been talking with Emory University.

Phfukk lawyers. I hope when he gets to the fleet some drunk LCpl beats his ass into the dirt and the Squadron Gunny tells him to man up.

Pfphagggssssss

The bucket

Bravely spoken.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Pfphagggssssss

The bucket

Bravely spoken.

Toot you refused to serve and are a draft dodger like Biden

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WildWest
Wow a great episode to listen to. We are under Military rule.

There is a term for that. Perhaps one of our Alaskan friends knows what it is? 😉

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by WildWest
Wow a great episode to listen to. We are under Military rule.

There is a term for that. Perhaps one of our Alaskan friends knows what it is? 😉

Not Alaskan but I believe that you spoke of being under martial law earlier. De facto or direct there’s not much difference either way.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

Pfphagggssssss

The bucket

Bravely spoken.

I didn’t come to the internet to test my courage and I damn sure didn’t come to the internet to steal my queer little wannabe lawyer buddy’s accolades.

Tell your godson he don’t [bleep]’ rate. Queer.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Not me personally, but my two distant cousins who walked 40 miles to enlist in the Army of Tennessee did their best to defend their homeland during the damyankee invasion. At least one of them survived- - - -I found his name in the Dickson County Tennessee property tax records from the 1880s.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RAS
Here is my suggestion.

Go to your local recruiting office and ask them how things are going. To the career recruiters, ask them if they believe this is the worst recruiting environment that they have ever seen. Ask them how hard it is to make mission even with ‘greatly’ lowered entrance standards.

That is all you will need to know to convince yourself. Again, ask them.

——

IMO, the worst thing that this White House did to this country is make the military hyper political.

Middle America largely fills the military. Most people in the recent past didn’t join for benefits or college tuition. They did it for patriotic reasons. Those people are staying home now rather than being forced fed constant DEI PowerPoint presentations.

Recruiting is horrible right now. It’s not going to get better. If Trump wins, recruiting will recover quickly. Again, in my opinion.

Don't know how much, or fast, it would change under Trump.

Obama played the smart, long game.
He placed his demons throughout the upper echelons.
In the years since, they have infested everything, targeting sycophants for increased power and held back those who would oppose their policies.

A new Commander in Cheif would inspire many to enlist. Based off trust of, and
support for Trump. Once in, they would run into the mindset and culture Obama fostered.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Video got yoinked

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Since ww2, no

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Video is down now. Ill find it, curious to see what they say. Its all true though and the reason why I would never shed a drop of blood for what this country has become. I would to fix the country, but signing up in the military in these modern times, no f ucking way!
My grandfather said the same thing before he died back in 2003. He served in WW II but said there was no way he would risk his life for what this place has become .
Sounds exactly like my pap as well. He was a great man. Multiple purple hearts in ww2. Lived, breathed and bled for this once great nation. Around the same time as yours, he stated almost the identical thing. Sad how long this has been happening. The slow bleed got us all, but has now been fast tracked into straight chaos

Same with my Pop. 2 Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star for shooting down a Messerschmitt 109 that was strafing his column in Germany. Did it with the Ma Deuce on top of the Sherman he was in all across Europe with Patton's 10th Armored Division.

If you watch the Shawn Ryan show at all on YouTube, watch how many SEAL and SF guys say the same thing that he interviews.
Thats really cool to hear. I do watch Shawn. Enjoy his show and alot of the guests stories

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C

Half of it did - against the threatening half!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Since ww2, no

GC...learn the jargon.....national security......that will cover any and all reasoning behind us meddling in other countries affairs....bob

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad

Half of it did - against the threatening half!
To no avail.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by Calvin
Video is down now. Ill find it, curious to see what they say. Its all true though and the reason why I would never shed a drop of blood for what this country has become. I would to fix the country, but signing up in the military in these modern times, no f ucking way!

Truth.

The military is hurting for qualified recruits in a big way if what’s been reported is accurate.

First off, did either of you ever serve or is this just talk?

The job market is good right now. Economy turns down and it becomes harder to find good work and the military will become more appealing to high school graduates.
The economy is good? Where?

Fishing guides in remote Alaskan villages are experts on the mainland economy because they watch foxnews lol

Most families live pay check to pay check in the lower US Alaskans like Calvin who work a few months of the year and who work part time live Mainly off of welfare checks and government handouts hence his optimism regarding the Biden economy

Man do you have Calvin totally wrong.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1minute, 204guy, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 222ND, 1OntarioJim, 58 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 1,413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,937
Posts18,480,016
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.