Hop To
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
You paid in, you have a claim to receive benefits. No more; no less. All your other hand waving is superfluous. I’m not saying it’s fair; just; a good idea; or anything else. But it’s the very definition of an entitlement. That you wish to use alternate definitions

LOL. Sounds so familiar……..

Kenneth wasn’t wrong yesterday, but today you go!

What are you mumbling about in the third person?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenneth
You paid in, you have a claim to receive benefits. No more; no less. All your other hand waving is superfluous. I’m not saying it’s fair; just; a good idea; or anything else. But it’s the very definition of an entitlement. That you wish to use alternate definitions

LOL. Sounds so familiar……..

Kenneth wasn’t wrong yesterday, but today you go!

What are you mumbling about in the third person?

You know very well what I’m talking about, Today your saying what I was saying yesterday,

FFS sound familiar? It’s just funny how one day makes a difference in how you think or comment.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by rickt300
Look jackass I was forced to pay in. I am still paying in. it is a pay to play Ponsi scheme that hasn't toppled just yet. It is only an entitlement if I had a choice in making the payments. In fact one could call SS an extortion racket with a small payout.

Words have meanings; and very specific ones. That you were “forced” to pay in has fúckall to do with it.

You paid in, you have a claim to receive benefits. No more; no less. All your other hand waving is superfluous. I’m not saying it’s fair; just; a good idea; or anything else. But it’s the very definition of an entitlement. That you wish to use alternate definitions or connotations of the word is on you and your willful obstinance.

So akwolverine with your definition of entitlement whic is and i quote you” A legal right or just claim to do, receive, or possess something. Also as mass
noun. Frequently with to.
That means your pickup truck or your house qualifies as entitlement because you claim it is yours right?

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I gonna gits mines!

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Chuck_R
Originally Posted by EdM
First SSC check arrived in February. Fishing trip in Alaska booked for this summer and a brown bear hunt a bit later. Panama fishing and Nanimbia next year. A new $30K a year buys some fun.

I'm drawing mine next year at 65 for the same reasons, latest estimate puts it at $34K.

Guys should google Social Security breakeven point, and do a realistic assessment of your longevity.

Bottom line is there's no real one size fits all for when to draw. There's a benefit to drawing earlier while you still have the physical capabilities to enjoy it.. (route I'm taking). Especially if your retirement savings, pensions etc. are covering all the basics.

IAW my latest, I paid in $155K and my employers paid in $159K since "74" when I started working in HS. My breakeven pt is 79 for the delta between collecting at 65 and 67.

Yeah I just started a couple of months before I turn 65. I have to live past 82 for that to be a bad deal but based on my health and family history I'll be done before that. Doing SS and Medicare online was a breeze.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Food stamps are in the farm bills that the crooks (who don't pay social security taxes yet have a really cushy retirement plan) make a big deal about every five years. Shows the hoi polloi that they can work together for the good of the country. Gets two voting blocks secured for incumbents. The"poor" on welfare and the agriculture producers.

And for you young intellectuals, the USSR was always announcing five and seven year plans so the workers in the workers paradise that is communism would have hope. We on the other hand had a yearly budget, which slowed the globalist agenda somewhat. They had to put their assets in a blind trust to ensure the selfless integrity of public service. It's changed. Bread and circuses for you young folks.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by reivertom
I gonna gits mines!

The boomer motto!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
I gonna gits mines!

The boomer motto!

That would be, “I’ve already got mine “.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Houston_2
I gonna gits mines!

The boomer motto!

That would be, “I’ve already got mine “.
Gheyghost popped ur cherry?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I gonna gits mines!

The boomer motto!
You heard that from your mom, right?

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Anyone that blames anyone/generation etc for their life is one seriously screwed up individual.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Can you working slobs decide at which rate to pay into SS?

My folks talk about how there was a range of what they could pay. Min to max.

Is that how it is for you poor 9 to 5 bastards?

I can't remember ever having an amount option. I started paying in 1970. Recent research to help memory says it's 6.2 % for the employee, with the employer matching that on behalf of each employee.

Just checked, it was 5% withholding in 1978 & 6.2 beginning 1990.

9-5??? ya think workin folks my age were like some movie? This ain't NYC.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JakeM78
I gonna gits mines!

The boomer motto!
You heard that from your mom, right?

No your whore wife lol

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When I was 65, I was planning to wait until at least 67 to collect SS because I didn't feel I needed it. I went to the local SS/Medicare office because I had a question about Medicare. I lucked out by getting a rep close to my age when my number was called. After answering my question about medicare, he asked me if I had filed for Social Security yet. I told him No. With 2 quick math problems on his computer.He showed me why I shouldn't have waited past 62, and showed me how much money I had already left on the table, and how much more I would be leaving on the table if I waitedany longer to file. Needless to.say, I filed right then for Social Security.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Bingo.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I was just, in the name of one of our esteemed members, a wage slave for most of my years.

I let the higher ups in the dept figure that out. I just did my f'n job.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by local_dirt
When I was 65, I was planning to wait until at least 67 to collect SS because I didn't feel I needed it. I went to the local SS/Medicare office because I had a question about Medicare. I lucked out by getting a rep close to my age when my number was called. After answering my question about medicare, he asked me if I had filed for Social Security yet. I told him No. With 2 quick math problems on his computer.He showed me why I shouldn't have waited past 62, and showed me how much money I had already left on the table, and how much more I would be leaving on the table if I waitedany longer to file. Needless to.say, I filed right then for Social Security.
Uncle of mine wanted to retire @62 his money grubbin bitch wife made him wait till 67 he lived 2 yrs after that 🤬

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

never heard of that.

6.2% of wages/salary, up to a salary of $168,600. above that, they tell me one isn't taxed for SS.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V

Back in the day my folks said; you either give it to the government or give it to the machine dealers.

They chose machinery.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore
6.2% of wages/salary, up to a salary of $168,600. Above that, they tell me one isn't taxed for SS.
Yep. If you make up to 168,600 dollars in 2024, you pay social security taxes on 100% of that. But if someone makes 10 million dollars in 2024, they still only pay social security taxes on the first 168,600 dollars. They don’t pay any social security taxes on the rest of the 10 million dollars that they made for the year.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

429 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,296 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,761
Posts18,515,157
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.