Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It’s a month of constantly changing weather. Get a day in the mid 60s, followed by 3 days of 30s.
A day or two of sunshine followed by a week of rain or snow. I remember a few years ago that February lasted 10 weeks long, then it went directly into late May!πŸ˜€
Spent a whole day shoveling heavy snow that’s completely gone 5 days later.
β€œDon’t like the weather? Wait for 15 minutes”!πŸ˜€
What really makes me more miserable is that all winter long I have been planning what I want to do when it warms up. Get outside and shake the blues caused by cold short days and winter time funk.
March is often a month of being kicked in the teeth by Mother Nature!πŸ˜€
Don’t mean to rant. I’m just always impatient at this time of year. All my shells are prepped and loaded, and I’m looking forward to doing a little more shooting and a little less moping.πŸ˜€
Anyone else get this bug?
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." οΏ½ Wesley Pruden

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I thought this was going to be about March scopes.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Go out and enjoy the bad with the good.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labΓ© skΓ½la

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I’m with ya

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I love March for load development, I can always blame the group sizes on the fluky winds...and being something of an optimist, there is always a chance the wind will blow a shot right into the group center.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Get a spring bear tag. Get a sunburn hunting in the snow.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a muddy month, down below. Some folks like it. Farmers mostly.....

[video]youtube]
[/video]

Last edited by huntsman22; 03/18/24.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"This is a day the Lord hath, let us rejoice, and be glad in it"

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I enjoy it a lot more in Florida than Connecticut.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Great movie, but I do have a hard time watching Will Gere without remembering his background.
I know it’s a strange way for a Christian to think, but I can’t help myself.
Friday was 65*, Saturday and Sunday breezy and 40*, cloudy, breezy, at 30* with flurries this morning.
Sorta hard to be optimistic sometimes!πŸ˜€ Walmart already had wheelbarrows, planting soil and some berry plants for sale. The Robins have been back here for over 3 weeks!πŸ˜€
I’m not the most patient of Christians I guess!
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." οΏ½ Wesley Pruden

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Beats the hell out of May, June, July, August, September and most of October in TX. I'd take march weather all year long actually..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Are's was in like a lamb.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Never been outside the lower 48. I’d like to visit your AO sometime.
Heat and humidity usually tare me up, and summer can definitely be a witch in Pennsyltucky occasionally. But I’m usually okay if I can keep myself busy. Late summer is always good though, because I do work outside, and I’m loading shells and anticipation of hunting season!πŸ˜€
March always seems to drag for me. I need to learn to be more patient.
But this contrary weather drags down my spirits which are at their lowest after hunting seasons over with. The short days and cold weather do that, and a couple days of warm nice weather always come to a kick in the teeth once the wind kicks up and the cold comes back.πŸ˜€I have always thought that a decent day this time of year should be a paid holiday if you promise to get outside and accomplish something!
It’s been a couple weeks since I have pulled a trigger on something. A little bit of recreational gunfire is always good therapy for a down spirit, and I am looking forward to a trip to Gettysburg in a few weeks.
Reon

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I hear ya. I've already got about 300+ miles on the bikes but now it's 34f and will stay in the 30s for the next ten days, with snow coming near the end of the week.. I wanna RIDE, man! And I need SUN! laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pollen is driving me sinus crazy.......pollen drifts on the driveway.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Woke to about 8 beautiful inches of spring. Tough day plowing. Very wet, sticky, heavy snow.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
It’s a month of constantly changing weather. Get a day in the mid 60s, followed by 3 days of 30s.
A day or two of sunshine followed by a week of rain or snow. I remember a few years ago that February lasted 10 weeks long, then it went directly into late May!πŸ˜€
What really makes me more miserable is that all winter long I have been planning what I want to do when it warms up. Get outside and shake the blues caused by cold short days and winter time funk.
Don’t mean to rant. I’m just always impatient at this time of year. All my shells are prepped and loaded, and I’m looking forward to doing a little more shooting and a little less moping.πŸ˜€
Reon
You should try Houston weather.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Reon
You should try Houston weather.

Yep. Born there, lived here all my life

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's always been my least favorite month of the year. Mainly because I hate wind

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Scraped ice off the windshield last week and scrubbed bugs off it last night.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I’m debating about leaving Lake Way Texas today to drive back to MonDak.

We wanted to go to the coast today, but there is a possibility of a nasty storm ripping through Montana and the Dakota,s later this week.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
One of my favorite months. Cool nights, warm, but not humid days. Some strong thunderstorms. Pollen sucks, but whatever.

Every place has their bad weather, you've got to decide what bad weather you like to put up with.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
It will be in the 90’s and up here soon

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Go out and enjoy the bad with the good.

Oh yeah…

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/19311251/canoe-trip#Post19311251

We had 52 & sunshine as we paddled to our camp site, and 25 with heavy winds and snow squalls all night as we slept and all day Sunday as we paddled to the take out.

Crazy March weather grateful to have had a canoe couldn’t have backpacked in all the gear necessary to stay comfortable in that weather!

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Gotta love March... might be 80Β°, might be -10 πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I actually like shooting in the crappy weather. It keeps everyone away from the range, and I have the place to myself.

Last edited by wilkeshunter; 03/19/24.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have a buddy who is a few years older than me. He always requested we call him Pap, so we did. I still do though we don’t work together anymore. Gun nut, history buff, great friend.
I gave him several books to read, told him β€œThey’re yours. Keep them, or if you don’t want them, pass them on to another patriotic person β€œ.
Anyway Pap and his wife go camping in a tent every year over New Years. He has a spot he can get his truck to, and I believe he takes his grandkids along. Sometimes the whole fam damily!
I’d like to do that sometime. Dave had a camper, and we went together a few times, he and his wife and Penny and I.
But a camper on a park is just a picnic. It’s fun to relax, but it’s not camping to me.
Wilkes Hunter, I hear you, and I occasionally have felt your pain.
I had some land before. I gathered up a dozen old tires and stacked them together and filled them with dirt. I got some old skids to tack some cardboard to and hang targets on. I had my very own 100 yard range.
Occasionally you’ll need a new skid because they’ll eventually be shot up to where you have trouble hanging target. But it’s cheap and it’s easy.
Reon

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Feeding the pups at 6am , occasional something flitering down from above.
Bloom petals?
Nah, flurries.
After a week of 70's for highs....no wonder we haven't had any local peaches the last few years.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Never been outside the lower 48. I’d like to visit your AO sometime.
Heat and humidity usually tare me up, and summer can definitely be a witch in Pennsyltucky occasionally. But I’m usually okay if I can keep myself busy. Late summer is always good though, because I do work outside, and I’m loading shells and anticipation of hunting season!πŸ˜€
March always seems to drag for me. I need to learn to be more patient.
But this contrary weather drags down my spirits which are at their lowest after hunting seasons over with. The short days and cold weather do that, and a couple days of warm nice weather always come to a kick in the teeth once the wind kicks up and the cold comes back.πŸ˜€I have always thought that a decent day this time of year should be a paid holiday if you promise to get outside and accomplish something!
It’s been a couple weeks since I have pulled a trigger on something. A little bit of recreational gunfire is always good therapy for a down spirit, and I am looking forward to a trip to Gettysburg in a few weeks.
Reon
Its a matter of calm down and rock on. You can load shells all year long. There are so many things you can do when its ugly outside. And to be honest the body needs some rest and down time.

Time change here in TX now and I"m back to working all evening and getting tired of it already.

Life isn't only hunting and fishing and people need to learn that. But it can be mostly hunting and fishing.

Heck I have an AR I have not had time to zero yet and a 284 that needs load work and thats been a few years. Just things come up. Building more ARs. Working on friends guns. Honey do list. Just tons of stuff if you decide you are going to get going and do it.

And yes, now and then in that horrible winter time I just kind of chill out for a day here and there.

TX summers. 130 in the direct sun. 80 % humid. No rain. Feels like someone walked by you with a rosebud on the tip. Nope. Don't ever want to deal with that again if I can avoid it.

And the best thing, if you hate March so bad its more than half gone.

And shortly you won't have to deal with my posts for another 6-7 months likely. Grins.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Today is typical of why I hate March.
At 7am it was raining lightly and 47*.
The rain cleared out, and the wind picked up. Blowing steady around 25 mph, gust that will actually push you and you have to adjust your footing. It’s also down to the mid 30s.
It hasn’t been above the upper 40s all week. Last Friday was the only decent day we had for getting outside out of the last 10!🀬
Okay, rant is over! Carry on!πŸ˜€
Reon

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
March only comes once a year, lets cancel it next year-----GET OVER IT !! Rio7

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1Longbow, 160user, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 56 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,820
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.