Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I have owned a number of them. I don't now. If they were all that great, then countries would still be using them.
Better designs came along within the Eastern Bloc. Doesn't mean that the SKS isn't still a highly effective and reliable weapon.

One point to keep in mind is that if you own an SKS, you actually own a firearm that was a main battle carbine of several major nations, constructed with arming their soldiers in mind. When you buy an AK, on the other hand, you are invariably buying a gun that looks like an AK-47, but was actually made specifically for the civilian market, not a military.

Nonsense. Must be why the Russian and Chinese armies
are still supplying their troops with AK's.

Fine, but you can’t buy a real AK is what he is saying.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I have owned a number of them. I don't now. If they were all that great, then countries would still be using them.
Better designs came along within the Eastern Bloc. Doesn't mean that the SKS isn't still a highly effective and reliable weapon.

One point to keep in mind is that if you own an SKS, you actually own a firearm that was a main battle carbine of several major nations, constructed with arming their soldiers in mind. When you buy an AK, on the other hand, you are invariably buying a gun that looks like an AK-47, but was actually made specifically for the civilian market, not a military.

Nonsense. Must be why the Russian and Chinese armies
are still supplying their troops with AK's.

Fine, but you can’t buy a real AK is what he is saying.

Nonsense again. But i'm not going to put a target on my back by going into the reason why.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

That’s true for the M16/AR-15 as well. Makes no difference to me.
Auto fire from a standard issue rifle/carbine is overrated, IMO.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I’ve got a Chink and a Rudky sKS handed down from my dad. The Chink gun is in a plastic stock and has an aftermarket 30 round fixed mag. Easy to load with stripper clips.

The Rusky is in great shape and unmolested. Both a great shooters.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

That’s true for the M16/AR-15 as well. Makes no difference to me.
Auto fire from a standard issue rifle/carbine is overrated, IMO.

Doesn't seem to make a difference to the marxists and communists in government either. They still want to take it away from you.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Zero interest though I believe my eldest son owns one of some make.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Friend had the carbine.
Brother in law still has a full size (I think).
Neat rifles to a kid in late 80’s/early 90’s.
Never had the urge to dish $600 for one though…..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back when Clinton was president he said we did not need one. When you consider that if Clinton lips were moving he was lying, I figured that meant I needed one so I got one.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have an Albanian SKS that I got for under $49.95 . It's looks like it got dragged behind a truck. However, it functions and I've kept it for two decades at deer camp for the odd bump in the night.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I remember going to the Ohio Gun Collectors shows back in the late 80’s. Chicom SKS carbines were $149. The Russian made SKS carbines which were machined instead of stamped were $300+. 7.62x39 ammo was dirt cheap then.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by shaman
I have an Albanian SKS that I got for under $49.95 . It's looks like it got dragged behind a truck. However, it functions and I've kept it for two decades at deer camp for the odd bump in the night.
Yep, the tendency for them was that, no matter what they looked like superficially, they worked just fine. That's because, prior to being cosmolined and stored away in national armories throughout the Easter Bloc, they were fully inspected by armorers, and anything that needed fixing or replacing on them was done prior to storage. And then we got them shipped here for sale to us from those very national armories.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,487 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,678
Posts18,493,850
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.