Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Do not get on cholesterol meds. They are one of the most over prescribed medications and have harmed many otherwise healthy people.

Learn what cholesterol is. It is not something bad we need to get rid of. We would die quickly if our bodies didn't manufacture it. There is no good or bad cholesterol. You cannot absorb cholesterol from the food you eat.

The Inuit people, before modern times consumed an all-animal diet and mostly animal fat diet and had no heart disease at all.

You would be better off to give up all processed sugar, and all highly processed food than to get on cholesterol meds. There are some recent studies that suggest plaque buildup in the artery is caused from blood sugar damage. The sugar irritates the artery wall, and the plaque is the bodies' attempt to heal the damage, sort of like how we get a scab over a scrape. The problem is that we keep picking at the scab so to speak and keep irritating the artery.

GB4

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
"The sugar irritates the artery wall, and the plaque is the bodies' attempt to heal the damage, sort of like how we get a scab over a scrape."

It's not sugar that irritates your artery walls it's the insulin spike you get after you eat sugar (including fructose). The excess insulin also turns the existing glucose already in your blood into fat, damages your nerves (including your optic nerves) and your artery walls.

Last edited by victoro; 03/18/24. Reason: typo
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Do what you’re gonna do, but high cholesterol (particularly LDL) can mess you up. My brother in law had a stroke two years ago, at 55. Survived it but he’ll never get more than 50% of his left arm function back.

Uncontrolled high blood pressure and high LDL.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I’m in terrible shape from what I once was and were I should be. I actually started working out in Jan. of ‘22….. push-ups, crunches, dumbbell curls, and stationary bike. I managed to stay with it until around October of same year. I missed all of ‘23 and am now trying to get started again

No idea what my resting heart rate is before 2 large cups of coffee and a little activity, nor any clue as to my cholesterol….haven’t had blood work in a couple of years. I really need to get that done.

35 years ago, when I first started tracking, my cholesterol ratio was almost off the chart….to the good side. While my HDL was high, my LDL was quite high (likely due to very good fitness), making for a very good ratio. Over the years, it’s been inching to the high side of the ratio.

Resting rate right now, coffee and some activity…… 64 bpm! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Do what you’re gonna do, but high cholesterol (particularly LDL) can mess you up. My brother in law had a stroke two years ago, at 55. Survived it but he’ll never get more than 50% of his left arm function back.

Uncontrolled high blood pressure and high LDL.

P

A stroke can mess you up and should be avoided, if at all possible, but it's not necessarily high LDL that causes a stroke.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RHClark
Do not get on cholesterol meds. They are one of the most over prescribed medications and have harmed many otherwise healthy people.

Learn what cholesterol is. It is not something bad we need to get rid of. We would die quickly if our bodies didn't manufacture it. There is no good or bad cholesterol. You cannot absorb cholesterol from the food you eat.

The Inuit people, before modern times consumed an all-animal diet and mostly animal fat diet and had no heart disease at all.

You would be better off to give up all processed sugar, and all highly processed food than to get on cholesterol meds. There are some recent studies that suggest plaque buildup in the artery is caused from blood sugar damage. The sugar irritates the artery wall, and the plaque is the bodies' attempt to heal the damage, sort of like how we get a scab over a scrape. The problem is that we keep picking at the scab so to speak and keep irritating the artery.

Thank You RH Clark.
A few years ago my doc said he was going to run a blood test, and if my numbers were high he would put me on Lipitor. I had a good bp and pulse, and was in good shape, I exercise a lot. I told doc I wouldn't go on Lipitor no matter what the test said. Doc said, "If you won't take the drug then I won't administer the test."

Read the fine print on Lipitor and see all the terrible side effects. Docs are in bed with Big Pharma, docs get rewarded based on how many scrips they write.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The peoples of the world that have the highest cholesterol have the lowest incidence of heart problems, can your doctor explain this fact ?

There are 2 kinds of cholesterol. One type is good for you, the other is bad for you.

Having high cholesterol isn't necessarily bad for you, even if it is the type that is bad for you that is high.

It's the ratio of good vs bad that causes the problem. Sometimes you can raise the level of good cholesterol without reducing the bad cholesterol and be healthier even though your overall levels are higher.

Last edited by JMR40; 03/19/24.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Don't worry - Be happy.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Interesting video and he explains it very well. Your blood sugar level is integral with the problem. Basically if you're good from a diabetes level higher LDL levels are not a concern up to a point. However there is a certain portion of the population in which LDL particles cannot be excreted. Normally whatever the body doesn't use is excreted when it returns to the liver. If you have a certain gene, PCSK9 gene, it interferes with the excretion of the excess LDL particles and this can lead to excessive plaque build up. So he is right on the ball about taking a look at your complete metabolic system before taking a very strong drug.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Very interesting video and he explains it very well. Your blood sugar level is integral with the problem. Basically if you're good from a diabetes level higher LDL levels are not a concern up to a point. However there is a certain portion of the population in which LDL particles cannot be excreted. Normally whatever the body doesn't use is excreted when it returns to the liver. If you have a certain gene, PCSK9 gene, it interferes with the excretion of the excess LDL particles and this can lead to excessive plaque build up. So he is right on the ball about taking a look at your complete metabolic system before taking a very strong drug.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by RHClark

Thank You RH Clark.
A few years ago my doc said he was going to run a blood test, and if my numbers were high he would put me on Lipitor. I had a good bp and pulse, and was in good shape, I exercise a lot. I told doc I wouldn't go on Lipitor no matter what the test said. Doc said, "If you won't take the drug then I won't administer the test."

Read the fine print on Lipitor and see all the terrible side effects. Docs are in bed with Big Pharma, docs get rewarded based on how many scrips they write.

You are more than welcome but understand I am just trying to encourage anyone to learn as much as possible about the subject so they can make their own best decisions. I'm certainly no expert on the subject.

Last edited by RHClark; 03/19/24.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JMR40
There are 2 kinds of cholesterol. One type is good for you, the other is bad for you.

Having high cholesterol isn't necessarily bad for you, even if it is the type that is bad for you that is high.

It's the ratio of good vs bad that causes the problem. Sometimes you can raise the level of good cholesterol without reducing the bad cholesterol and be healthier even though your overall levels are higher.

My wife sees one PA and I see another in the same office. Her PA is of this opinion. Mine is of the opinion the bad cholesterol must be 100 or below. Apparently the good offsets the bad so I would think the ratio is more important than the actual numbers. I don’t know what is a good ratio, 2:1, 3:1 ? Can’t get a straight answer on that.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
You do not want to have all new fuel lines with a quad valve job done. My Cholesterol, both, must be kept below 70. My menu is not interesting of a purpose, mostly consists of NO. May not live longer, but it sure seems longer.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 45_100
Originally Posted by JMR40

My wife sees one PA and I see another in the same office. Her PA is of this opinion. Mine is of the opinion the bad cholesterol must be 100 or below. Apparently the good offsets the bad so I would think the ratio is more important than the actual numbers. I don’t know what is a good ratio, 2:1, 3:1 ? Can’t get a straight answer on that.

Watch the videos and you will learn that there is not really a bad cholesterol. The LDL sometimes called bad is critical in fighting infection. It's not more LDL that is causing the issue or ration of LDL to HDL. Metabolic disease is the issue causing heart disease. People with metabolic disease have higher LDL levels and a lower HDL to LDL ratio.

Metabolically healthy people have a higher HDL to LDL ratio and in those individuals higher than average LDL is not associated with heart disease. In other words, the "BAD" cholesterol isn't bad in metabolically healthy individuals and is very beneficial to immunity.

Anyone would be better served to get metabolically healthy rather than treating something that may not be the underlying problem with drugs that can have significant harmful side effects. A fasted insulin test would be more beneficial than a cholesterol test.

Now, whether or not metabolically unhealthy people with high LDL could benefit from a statin is another question entirely, but there again it would be much better to work toward metabolic health.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My number is high but my ratio is good and I'm not overweight and don't have high blood pressure, so I don't take any medicine.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1234, 77 invisible), 2,076 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,891
Posts18,479,187
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.