Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I’m sometimes hesitant to post about religious topic.
Haters always try to drag them into mud slinging and whizzing matches.😒
If you don’t believe, that’s fine. But please leave us to our discussions , because we all need help from others occasionally.
But as I posted on the thread about Mike Pence, my hatred for some of these people, him, Fauci, several others like Piglousy, HilLIARy. You obviously get my drift.
If I had these people in my power, they would beg me to kill them, because I really believe I could make an Indian wretch. My disgust and downright hatred for them does cause confliction in my faith.
The Book tells me I should pray for them, but I’m not that strong.
I know I need to forgive in order to be forgiven myself.
Christ has warned us several times about things like this.
Do you feel things like this? How do you deal with it?
Reon

The biggest problem is to reconcile all the nonsence in the bible. There's a clause in there to justify anything in the name of faith.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
... I find it hard to forgive some things. As I said, hate and anger are very powerful emotions.
But I know that God truly numbers the hairs on my head. His will I will follow to the best of my ability, for the rest of my life.
Reading the Book and prayer are the best weapons I have in a dark world. I know that I’m only passing through here.
Christ also said that He has prepared for me a room, in His Father’s mansion. I hold to His word!
Reon

2 Timothy 1:11-13

11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you don’t believe, that’s fine. But please leave us to our discussions , because we all need help from others occasionally.
But as I posted on the thread about Mike Pence, my hatred for some of these people, him, Fauci, several others like Piglousy, HilLIARy. You obviously get my drift.
If I had these people in my power, they would beg me to kill them, because I really believe I could make an Indian wretch. My disgust and downright hatred for them does cause confliction in my faith.
Reon

The biggest problem is to reconcile all the nonsence in the bible. There's a clause in there to justify anything in the name of faith.
Maybe the biggest problem for you, but others are not of your ilk. Now, your spelling problem - - - - .

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Housewives every where!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
😀 It’s kinda funny, but also kinda saddening how unbelievers will attack any thread related to faith or Christianity.😀
I always thought almost all hunters were God fearing folks. It impossible for me to spend day afield in search of game, and not pray and praise God for the blessings of having a gun, a dog, good friends, and the game we’re seeking.
There was a quote on here years ago, that I have stolen for my own.
“Church is where a guy goes on Sunday morning to think about hunting.
Hunting is where a guy goes out in the woods, and thinks about God!”
I have found this to be absolute truth. And I think this explains the closeness we hunters share with our fellow hunters. (Dogs most especially) You spend a few days trampling through the woods or around a mountain with a friend. I guarantee that person becomes more dear to you than a brother or sister.
I know this from experience. This is why I believe that God Himself is a hunter.
I have been fortunate enough to spend many days afield with my Old Man, my brother Dave, Ben, my son, and a man I always remember as “Uncle Bud”. Several others as well! I also know that these days, and these memories, are the greatest worldly possessions I have.
Way more important than any material possession.
You know what im talking about, or maybe you don’t belong here.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is why I believe that God Himself is a hunter.
God is omniscient. He knows everything, past, present, and future. He knows exactly where every 400" elk will be at any given time. He knows what other elk are around to blow a stalk and he knows how to approach to avoid them. He knows what will make noise and which way the air currents are going, both now and during a stalk. He knows the range down to a fraction of a millimeter. He knows in advance whether a bird or squirrel will blow his cover.
In other words, he knows everything that the elk will do and whether he will connect. It would take the hunting out of hunting.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
About those who hate and refuse to forgive...Forgiveness isn't for the sinner. It's for the believer. When you forgive him, he still owes a debt to the Lord. It's by no means off of his head. Forgiveness is for you, not for them. God will deal with them in his own time and his own way. He wants you to forgive to get it off of YOUR back, not his. You can't be an effective Christian with hate gnawing at you. Forgive those who sin against you and you will be free of it.

Then there's this:
MT 6:14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,
15 but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Do you want to be unforgiven because you're too hardheaded to forgive someone? That's beyond stupid.

― George Orwell

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by CCCC
Reon

Maybe the biggest problem for you, but others are not of your ilk. Now, your spelling problem - - - - .

Ha! Thousands of denominations of Christians in the world - yeah, they got it ALL figured out - LOL!!! Are you a true Christian? LOL!!!

Well?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ha! Thousands of denominations of Christians in the world - yeah, they got it ALL figured out - LOL!!! Are you a true Christian? LOL!!!
THIS is a true Christian - one who believes that Jesus is God and that he rose from the dead. All the rest is extra and it's often misunderstood. You can be grossly wrong about much the Bible but if you believe this about Jesus, you're still a Christian.

Romans 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

― George Orwell

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Did this poster on ignore have anything worthwhile to say, guys?

Originally Posted by NVhntr
So everyone who thinks you are insane is a mudslinging minion of Satan?
Get help.

He gave you some very sound advice. You need to get some help.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Reon

9mm, Reon asked politely for members to please respect this thread so could you do that for us, thanks.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
THIS is a true Christian - one who believes that Jesus is God and that he rose from the dead. All the rest is extra and it's often misunderstood. You can be grossly wrong about much the Bible but if you believe this about Jesus, you're still a Christian.

Romans 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
👊🏻

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
7mm, I didn't read through all the responses, but my answer as best I know how to your original post.

I struggle with the same things as you, but have come to some reconciling and peace I guess you could say as to what the Bible instructs.

We are to pray for the type of people you listed. But unless I missed it, I haven't read where it states how to pray for those people.

I've prayed for Biden many times. But not like some might think that statement means. I will not pray blessings and success on perverse behavior. I do not believe the Bible instructs me anywhere in it, to link hands in agreement with evil. Exactly the opposite from what I read and understand.

Other things involved in the prayers for Biden specifically, but the short version is from early on I prayed that his heart would be turned. But if not, that his sleep would be tormented and his steps confused.

I'm not saying anything with me and my prayers as I'm sure I'm a small number of many praying in such a manner. But I found it interesting that shortly after taking office his first vacation in Feb 2021 to camp David, that the announcement was he was going to his home in Delaware because he wasn't sleeping. Shortly after that in March was the famous 3 trips in a row up the steps of Air Force One.

Take from that what you will. God sometimes has a sense of humor. But if I didn't believe with all my heart that prayer to the God of all creation and the God that saved my soul from a miserable sin filled life had no connection and no meaning, I wouldn't do it. My prayers are not higher than anybody else, but that's the understanding of praying for those type of people that I'm at peace with.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Thank you!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
You know many think praying is this big hard thing to do correctly.

Our take on it is that its just a conversation with God.

When I have no clue whats the right thing, I just simply say I think X has a problem or needs help or whatever the case might be, and I'm not sure of the solution, so gonna leave that one up to you, but if you could work on it that would be appreciated.

If you want to ever explain to me why things happen on this earth I"m good with that too. OTOH if I have to wait until it doesn't matter or when you finally tell me, I'm good there too.

I dont' have time to waste wondering why the day long.

Thats about how my conversations kind of go.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Reon

You have to find a way to hate the sin but love the sinner. Every sin ever committed was justified somehow in the minds of whoever committed them. Everybody has different experiences that shape their individual justifications. Only God is able to know every reason why someone does what they do, and so God is the only one qualified to judge.

Faced with this situation God simply concluded them all as sinners worthy of destruction and made it possible for all of them to be forgiven by repenting of their sins and trusting in him.

Much of our hate for others comes from thinking of ourselves as better than them. This thinking is a dangerous thing because it lessens our trust in God and strengthens our trust in ourselves. It becomes easy to think of yourself as better than those evil people. You think that surly God will judge you as better than those evil doers and so you become more assured in your own goodness as a qualification for heaven than in the simple mercy of God.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Dons99
Reon

9mm, Reon asked politely for members to please respect this thread so could you do that for us, thanks.

I'm sorry if the truth is upsetting for you.

Well?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1lessdog, 257Bob, 1936M71, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,161 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,663
Posts18,493,629
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.