Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Basic concept is that meat and animal fat are better for you than carbs, whether from starches or veggies.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Basic concept is that meat and animal fat are better for you than carbs, whether from starches or veggies.
Some veggies are starchy, like grains, beans, potatoes. Most veggies are quite a bit less starchy, like spinach, zucchini, and carrots.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How long did cave men live?

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Rooterpig
Don’t think cavemen ate much meat. To hard to get.

Caveman cultivated corn. And avocados

Animals were already extinct so no meat was available

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Beans corn and squash. All in the same place.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Steve

About a day and a half.

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Anyone try the carnivore diet?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The carnivore diet can include dairy -cheese, milk etc, and fish. That’s where I’m at.

Peterson’s daughter Mikaela, now promotes the Lion Diet, which is just beef.

I couldn’t do that. I enjoy food. I won’t say I’m addicted, but I truly enjoy food. Some people eat just for fuel, and they usually eat unhealthy. Everyone I know who doesn’t enjoy food is unhealthy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There's a Paleo diet. Not sure what exactly you eat on it.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve
They generally died from injuries rather than old age.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
There's a Paleo diet. Not sure what exactly you eat on it.
That's the alternate name for the Caveman Diet.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I eat a whole foods diet because it's what works for me. All I will say about a high meat high fat diet is that if you do it you should do it all the way. Any cheating with alcohol and sugar will be worse on your body.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
First, predicting plenty of pages and a lot of ugliness before it dies out.

The caveman, paleo, low carb, sugar busters, the original Aikens are similar.

This is what works for me, it has been quite simple and enjoyable for over two years.

Find what works for you.

My thoughts are if you eat simple one ingredient foods, cut out all seed oils, grains, processed foods, and alcohol you will lose weight and feel better. Cut out high fructose fruits, night shades, most vegetables you will feel even better. Do not eat at restaurants.

It has to be a lifestyle. Like a poster wrote earlier I love food. We eat a lot of ribeye, shrimp, Alaskan salmon, Chuck roast, hamburger, NY strips, eggs, homemade bacon, sharp cheddar and goat cheese.

Generally I eat one meal a day.

Plus exercise.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
A little over 3 weeks carnivore for me. Down 18#s so far. And hope to get and stay below 200.

I started it last year but didn’t stick to it and went for more of a paleo path with success but got lazy over the winter. My brother in law and sister in law both stuck to it since last spring and have had great results.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

WTF, over? Early man wiped out numerous species of mega-fauna across the globe. We were some mammoth killing machines.....

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/60-mammoths-house-russia-180974426/

"A jaw-dropping example of Ice Age architecture has been unearthed on Russia’s forest steppe: a huge, circular structure built with the bones of at least 60 woolly mammoths. But exactly why hunter-gatherers enduring the frigid realities of life 25,000 years ago would construct the 40-foot diameter building is a fascinating question.

“Clearly a lot of time and effort went into building this structure so it was obviously important to the people that made it for some reason,” says Alexander Pryor, an archaeologist at the University of Exeter (U.K.). He is the lead author of a new study published this week in the journal Antiquity describing the find at Kostenki, a place where many important Paleolithic sites lie clustered around the Don River."

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Dutch

WTF, over? Early man wiped out numerous species of mega-fauna across the globe. We were some mammoth killing machines.....

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/60-mammoths-house-russia-180974426/

"A jaw-dropping example of Ice Age architecture has been unearthed on Russia’s forest steppe: a huge, circular structure built with the bones of at least 60 woolly mammoths. But exactly why hunter-gatherers enduring the frigid realities of life 25,000 years ago would construct the 40-foot diameter building is a fascinating question.

“Clearly a lot of time and effort went into building this structure so it was obviously important to the people that made it for some reason,” says Alexander Pryor, an archaeologist at the University of Exeter (U.K.). He is the lead author of a new study published this week in the journal Antiquity describing the find at Kostenki, a place where many important Paleolithic sites lie clustered around the Don River."

The anthromorphic extinction of mega-fauna is not a favored hypothesis these days. I would.like to believe our ancestors were that successful, but they probably weren't. Regardless, protein consumption is responsible for our advancement as a species, so I don't completely disagree with your position.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Thank you Dutch. In Ice Age Europe 50,000 years ago if you wanted to live you got into a cave, it was so brutally cold. Agriculture hadn't been invented. In summer the women picked a few pounds of berries and roots. Those who survived lived on meat from wooly mammoths, the European red deer etc. Ninety percent of the diet was meat.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
been maintaining a steady 175-180

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

The anthromorphic extinction of mega-fauna is not a favored hypothesis these days. I would.like to believe our ancestors were that successful, but they probably weren't. Regardless, protein consumption is responsible for our advancement as a species, so I don't completely disagree with your position.

A large majority of the anthropology research is suspect due to fiefdoms and the dominance of the "in" group. The whole "Clovis first" debacle is a perfect illustration. Science at it's worst.

Drawing conclusions about the extinction of certain species of mega-fauna in the Americas, for example, is laughable when you simply deny that humans were present before Clovis.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
You guys need to try the Ethiopian diet.
Eat on 50 cents a day. Save money, lose weight.

Btw, I hear the migrant diet is good too. Only eat handouts and walk 22 miles a day.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (10gaugemag, 358wsm, 300_savage, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 12 invisible), 1,164 guests, and 798 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,216
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.