Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Steak and a family size bag of Funyuns.

Covers all the bases
Bro,

Magnifico!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I picked this book up a couple of years ago. The basic thesis is that human taste evolved to help it seek out the foods that were beneficial. The research shows that Stone Age humans expend energy to obtain each food directly correlated to the energy benefit. They will spend more energy hunting fat animals than skinny ones.

Along the way our taste buds developed to recognize that certain foods were desirable: hence our love for garlic and onions. Our enjoyment of bitter (typically a sign of poison in nature), and acid (allowing us to benefit from the storage properties of fermented foods).

The only food humans pursue far more than its energy benefit……..is honey.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
More and more of the advocates of the paleo diet are realizing that without some complex carbs, that they were suffering from mineral and electrolyte loss. They were experiencing cramps, brain fog, and loss of energy. Comes to find out, you still need insulin to retain these. So the addition of carbs is necessary to maintain a healthy balance.

I don't believe a word of that. The acetone in my breath is off the scale in the breathalyzer. My weight is down to 150. My muscle mass is up 10 pounds for the year. My blood pressure is 110. My Calcium score is zero.

Dr. Shawn Baker MD - Carnivore Diet

carnivore.diet
https://carnivore.diet › dr-shawn-baker-md
Meet Dr. Shawn Baker MD who has reversed chronic, autoimmune, and mental diseases with his approach of the carnivore diet, with 1000+ students and more.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
More and more of the advocates of the paleo diet are realizing that without some complex carbs, that they were suffering from mineral and electrolyte loss. They were experiencing cramps, brain fog, and loss of energy. Comes to find out, you still need insulin to retain these. So the addition of carbs is necessary to maintain a healthy balance.

The problem is, US grain producers are focused on quantity and not the quality of our grains. So when I am in the US, I avoid ALL processed grains. About the only thing I eat grainwise here is Ezekiel bread which is comprised of sprouted grains - no processed flour.

At the end of the day, paleo is another fad diet.

There’s a huge difference between paleo and carnivore.

Even on carnivore, if you actually eat the organ meat (in significant quantities!) the deficiencies are hugely exaggerated. Of course, when was the last time we traded kidney recipes, or spent time cracking ribs to recover the marrow?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Clarkm

I don't believe a word of that. The acetone in my breath is off the scale in the breathalyzer. My weight is down to 150. My muscle mass is up 10 pounds for the year. My blood pressure is 110. My Calcium score is zero.

Dr. Shawn Baker MD - Carnivore Diet

carnivore.diet
https://carnivore.diet › dr-shawn-baker-md
Meet Dr. Shawn Baker MD who has reversed chronic, autoimmune, and mental diseases with his approach of the carnivore diet, with 1000+ students and more.

Yeah, it's n=1 bullshit.

The guy lives in a "snow-globe."

Lives in Costa Rica, has access to year-round seasonal jungle fruit and raw wild honey, surfs 2-3 hours/day in cold water.

GR

IC B2

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, BamaCKC, 300_savage, AussieGunWriter, 10 invisible), 1,205 guests, and 746 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,233
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.