Campfire Ranger

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A lefty option in the McMillan stock would have my interest.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I’m trying very hard not to be too much of an old cranky Luddite, but what’s with the oogly brown “paint” on the synthetic stock version? Wouldn’t a simple black or gray look better?

They aren’t alone in this by any means.

They apparently don’t allow you to order online, and have about 20 dealers scattered across the country, only two within 250 miles of me. I suggest they expand that network or offer an alternative.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Only in America can a Montana rifle be made in Memphis, Michigan. smile

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The flat brim generation could care less about CRF, while those of us that do won't care for the brown finish on the steel, gold trigger and band on the bolt (wtf?), muzzle brake, tacticool bolt, and, as if there wasn't enough verbage on the rifle, did they really have to put a big "M" engraved into the tang? I'm not sure they understand who their market is, because I'd sooner build something on an M70 action, or if I wanted lighter, build or buy something on an M700 clone action.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I been following the new guys as I use a MRC X2 7mm08. They arent currently offering anything I would want. Regardless , they got a pretty crappy review on a rifle they sent a guy on another forum for his assessment. A lot of negative things that shouldn't be an issue on a $2500 rifle. Especially if they are sending to a forum for access. It that was their best foot forward then they are going to have a rough go at it.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Brad
The flat brim generation could care less about CRF, while those of us that do won't care for the brown finish on the steel, gold trigger and band on the bolt (wtf?), muzzle brake, tacticool bolt, and, as if there wasn't enough verbage on the rifle, did they really have to put a big "M" engraved into the tang? I'm not sure they understand who their market is, because I'd sooner build something on an M70 action, or if I wanted lighter, build or buy something on an M700 clone action.
That was my reaction as well. I just thought, nothing for me here…..

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Only in America can a Montana rifle be made in Memphis, Michigan. smile

They don’t even have a dealer in Montana 🤷🏼

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What are they thinking with the M-Lok rail on a wood stock?

On the other model that ugly metal paint job and gold pinky ring on the bolt handle is terrible. Maybe they called it the Highline because they sourced their design cues from a reservation pimp from Browning or Wolf Point.

Simply strange choices all around.

The Montana rifle made in Michigan is almost as bad as German Precision Optics made in China.

In future news, Montana Rifle Company goes out of business. Again.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Maybe they named the Junction after the Malfunction Junctions in Helena and Missoula.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I'd never purchase one based on that evaluation, wow !

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Maybe they called it the Highline because they sourced their design cues from a reservation pimp from Browning or Wolf Point.

That made me spit out my coffee! :grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Remington280
I'd never purchase one based on that evaluation, wow !

If you read it all the way through, it does get better.

But again, a lot of weird choices thrown into a sack, shook up, and built into a rifle...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
What are they thinking with the M-Lok rail on a wood stock?

On the other model that ugly metal paint job and gold pinky ring on the bolt handle is terrible. Maybe they called it the Highline because they sourced their design cues from a reservation pimp from Browning or Wolf Point.

Simply strange choices all around.

In future news, Montana Rifle Company goes out of business. Again.

Laffin'....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I almost bought one few years back but then went with good old reliable older/used Remington 700 instead, glad I did. I have a hard time going with anything new.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brad
A lot of weird choices thrown into a sack, shook up, and built into a rifle...

My thought as well, but wish them well nonetheless.

I see Bear Grylls quoted the following in his review;
The hunting world needs a legit CRF, quality modern rifle.

20-30 years ago, that might have been a thing. And much of it born out of simple brand preference and marketing hype of "the M70 is better than the M700" and vice versa more than legitimate performance function. Today, I believe that quote to be nothing more than pandering.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Sheesh. I'd crawl through a mile of broken glass and dog turds to find a New Haven Model 70 before I took up with one of those things. The old dudes of my youth pining for pre '64s are almost making sense to me now. There's a lot more wrong than right there. And what's with the BS about "adaptive controlled round feeding". Every CF M70 I have does that just fine.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have no dog in the fight, sounds like they'll get them sorted out soon enough.

They just announce ownership in January not sure how long they've been building them.

Hopefully they'll make it.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
No .30-06. Hmmm.

They need at least one person with more than a few miles of trophy hunting experience under their belt as the last one to touch the rifle before it goes out the door.
Tough enough to send the piece all the way back to the beginning and telling them to try again.

Or, just wait for a pissed off customer to tell them the same.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,566
Posts18,473,245
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.