Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by johnn
........Never been to Kauai, sounds nice though

Nice place to visit, but I damned sure wouldn't want to live there.

NRA Life Endowment Member
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Hap and the BigI sponsored our dart team back in the day.

Darts - the second most fun you can have indoors!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I doubt the Iditarod is going anywhere. A good friend of mine ran it this year. He said it cost him over $17,000 to enter the race. Yes just to enter the race, they had 38-39 teams so yeah do the math. Then if you the spectator want to get video feed and gps tracking that’s $49 bucks. So not sure how they are going broke. I also watched the iron dog (several of us talking about doing the expedition class) for $3200 bucks is your entry fee. With that yoh get gas and 2 stroke oil everything else on the trail is on you. The gps tracking is free and their video feeds come from individuals at the check points. Kimberly Kay in koyuk is probably the most known because koyuk is triple check point. In short both of these events is what defines Alaska outdoor adventure. So don’t let the guy formerly from Rock Springs Wyoming tell you any different.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith
Whew! Just finished off sending emails to almost all of the sponsors of this years idiotrod race. It’s worked in the past and with a little work we will get some of them to reconsider.

Lack of sponsors will be the only way to end this death race driven by egomaniacs.

If you want a list of sponsors with email addresses send me a PM and we will get you on the list. No more dogs need to die!

Just a sad little man pretending to care about dogs.
Laughing

> the sad little man should go to the bar in Nome and tell those guys what he thinks of the sled dog races ? i am sure they have a better answer ?

Why nome? Just because the race ends their does not make nome sled dog capitol of Alaska. That would be Willow, sometimes I wonder about you lower 48 boys.

> lets make this a little simpler posted so 79S can understand : seldomseensmith if you feel sled dogs are mistreated go too any bar in the evening along the Iditarod trail and let them know your feelings about this race and the sled dogs being mistreated i am sure seldomseensmith they can help you some how. Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Whew! Just finished off sending emails to almost all of the sponsors of this years idiotrod race. It’s worked in the past and with a little work we will get some of them to reconsider.

Lack of sponsors will be the only way to end this death race driven by egomaniacs.

If you want a list of sponsors with email addresses send me a PM and we will get you on the list. No more dogs need to die!

Just a sad little man pretending to care about dogs.
Laughing

> the sad little man should go to the bar in Nome and tell those guys what he thinks of the sled dog races ? i am sure they have a better answer ?

Why nome? Just because the race ends their does not make nome sled dog capitol of Alaska. That would be Willow, sometimes I wonder about you lower 48 boys.

> lets make this a little simpler posted so 79S can understand : seldomseensmith if you feel sled dogs are mistreated go too any bar in the evening along the Iditarod trail and let them know your feelings about this race and the sled dogs being mistreated i am sure seldomseensmith they can help you some how. Pete53

Your romantic notions of every village in western Alaska having sled dogs at every house is a noble one. But it’s a false one, for the most part sled dogs have been replaced by snow machines/snogos or as you all in the lower 48 call them snowmobiles in western Alaska. You can go to willow and swing a dead cat and hit 4/5 kennels. The spirit of the Iditarod is being kept alive by individuals living on the road system. Not some rustic villages on Yukon river.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Two dogs dead all for ego. So sad.

Time to end the Iditarod!!!
[bleep] off and please go away you PETA loving POS!!

Last edited by AK_Troutbum; 03/19/24.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just like any other troll, if everyone would just quit acknowledging him he'll get tired of being ignored and go away.
Trolls get off on getting people worked up and when it doesn't happen, they get bored and go away.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
Just like any other troll, if everyone would just quit acknowledging him he'll get tired of being ignored and go away.
Trolls get off on getting people worked up and when it doesn't happen, they get bored and go away.

Why doesn't that work with communists, anarchists, and other social revolutionaries?

NRA Life Endowment Member
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Oh I dunno. Keep telling him how worthless he is, that type of person is so liberal and weak they finally realize it and go into depression. Besides its good to vent on a liberal idiot.

He even gave up all the contact info link for sponsors so I went and told all of them what a super job they have done and to keep it up. And quite often email AK air to go back to being a sponsor and quit being PC like they are from Seattle or something

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by rost495
Oh I dunno. Keep telling him how worthless he is, that type of person is so liberal and weak they finally realize it and go into depression. Besides its good to vent on a liberal idiot.

He even gave up all the contact info link for sponsors so I went and told all of them what a super job they have done and to keep it up. And quite often email AK air to go back to being a sponsor and quit being PC like they are from Seattle or something

i am not a computer person much ? but if anyone could P.M. me a list of sponsors i would sure send them a wonderful thank you for helping sponsor the Iditarod sled dog race , i have been listening about the race and now watching the race on the computer every day the race is going .started in the early 70`s listening every year , Grandpa Seavey is from the state i live in Minnesota . i hope others feel the same way too ,thank you ,Pete53

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
thank you, i will do that ,Pete53

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The world is changing and the race can’t keep sponsors. Won’t be much longer.

End the race. Modern day mushers are weak ass little bitches. Couldn’t even run the race unless there’s a groomed trail for them.

Dog killers. All of them. Inhumane how they treat those dogs.

PETA - kills 57% of the dogs it takes in and 72% of the cats.

Of the 49,737 dogs and cats PITA received between 1998 and 2019...?

... 41,539 were killed.

Quite an organization... like the NAZI party.

GR

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Almost every musher that's been a target of PETA, none of it made sense.

It equates to online bullying and defamation. They need to be put in check with a class action lawsuit. You can't keep ignoring the sabotage and defamation.

Prime example: A former iditarod musher was targeted over the water dishes. PETA started freaking out, posting all over the internet that the poor dogs were drinking from rusty cans.

Its very common for mushers to use large coffee cans for water bowls. They're plastic lined and no rust forms on the inside of these cans, just on the outside.

But that's what PETA does, they just look at photos or videos on social media, and fkn nit-pick what ever they see. LAZY illogical fkn idiots who have no clue about Alaska.

Another way they get ahold of baseless fodder is through disgruntled dog handlers.

One iditarod musher fired a dog handler for theft. The guy was stealing sht left and right! He's still wanted, but fled the state. He goes to peta and throws out a bunch of slander. PETA gladly posted his lies grievances all over the place.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
End the race. Modern day mushers are weak ass little bitches. Couldn’t even run the race unless there’s a groomed trail for them.

This makes no sense whatsoever. If there wasn't a trail, the #1 musher would be trudging in front of the team on snowshoes or skis for a large portion of the route. At less than 5 mph in unbroken snow. All the other mushers would be piled up behind the #1 musher. Then it wouldn't be a race.

It would take 25-30 days to get to Nome. People would get lost and dogs would be put at risk.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 03/23/24.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak

This makes no sense whatsoever. If there wasn't a trail, the #1 musher would be trudging in front of the team on snowshoes or skis for a large portion of the route. At less than 5 mph in unbroken snow. All the other mushers would be piled up behind the #1 musher. Then it wouldn't be a race.

It would take 25-30 days to get to Nome. People would get lost and dogs would be put at risk.

DFTFT

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,777
Posts18,477,000
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.