F

Hook and Book, Shoot and Scoot
GB1

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
I know both of these guys personally. Both are seasoned hunters. If it can happen to them it can happen to anyone. Good luck and be safe this spring

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Very unfortunate, hoping for a speedy recovery for both of them! Kinda goes without saying, but obviously bears repeating, so important to ID what exactly it is that you're shooting at and beyond! As Flhoundhunter28 said, good luck and be safe out there!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I instruct my firearms safety students to take care where the set up blinds for other hunters that may shoot their decoy and them.

Minnesota is now requiring 12 inches square orange flag per side and a orange cap on blinds for this reason.

It wouldn't be the worst thing to have an orange cloth above you as long as it doesn't flap.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
dang, I hope everything turns out ok for both

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A lot of folks don't do it in the spring. But I am a big proponent of marking my tree with blaze orange. I carry a roll of blaze tape. It's easy to tear off a piece, or carry some precut pieces in my pocket, and tie them to a tree before I sit down.
And it's easy (and cheap) enough to yank it down when I move. I also wear the pieces I've pulled off the tree on my vest when I am walking out of the woods for the day.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
A lot of folks don't do it in the spring. But I am a big proponent of marking my tree with blaze orange. I carry a roll of blaze tape. It's easy to tear off a piece, or carry some precut pieces in my pocket, and tie them to a tree before I sit down.
And it's easy (and cheap) enough to yank it down when I move. I also wear the pieces I've pulled off the tree on my vest when I am walking out of the woods for the day.

Good deal.

A person could use that medical wrap that sticks to itself.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 10Glocks

Good deal.

A person could use that medical wrap that sticks to itself.

F
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
Great idea on the blaze orange around the tree quick and cheap.

Quick update the person shot was released from the hospital this afternoon. Other then being sore and carrying some extra bbs for the rest of his life they expect a full recovery

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just anothervreason I won't hunt public land.
Ok, I'm aware it can still happen on private land! It's just not as likely!
.....and even on private property, I color up to haul a dead bird out of the woods.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I have a blaze orange ballcap I wear during deer season in my turkey vest. I put that on to walk out.

Doesn't matter if I am on my own property or public.

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (16gage, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 72 invisible), 3,280 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,196
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.