A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Good info/stories. My dad always liked farming and raising cattle. He always made some money. I think good business practices and being frugal with good work ethics are a must to be a farmer. No doubt some real farmers here !
Go fugk your arsehole Alan.
Why do you have so much hate in you? Don’t worry , be Happy !!! Have a Happy Easter !
I’m happy. You lick Happy Camper’s tit sweat.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Alan_C Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Good info/stories. My dad always liked farming and raising cattle. He always made some money. I think good business practices and being frugal with good work ethics are a must to be a farmer. No doubt some real farmers here !
Go fugk your arsehole Alan.
Why do you have so much hate in you? Don’t worry , be Happy !!! Have a Happy Easter !
I’m happy. You lick Happy Camper’s tit sweat.
I will say a prayer for you!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'

Meanwhile, down in Argentina...

The Biggest Farm I’ve Ever Seen!
video posted to YouTube on Dec 4, 2023
YouTube channel: Laura Farms

Interesting tidbit: Laura and Grant point out that there are no emissions controls on the diesel engines.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
A
Alan_C Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Great video and content. The high water table is interesting. Where I live at on time they raised watermelons because of the high water table . No more.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great video and content. The high water table is interesting. Where I live at on time they raised watermelons because of the high water table . No more.

[Linked Image from cloudynights.com]

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Teal
Learned a lot. Thanks guys. Tell you this tho - tree farming sucks. Plant and wait 8-12 YEARS for the crop with a lot of the same disease/weather concerns commodity farmers have in between.

During the CRP heyday trees were better.

Put your land in CRP...plant timber....receive money every year for crp contract and then sell timber when contract expires.

We farm Christmas trees. Not me, extended fam for the past 100 years.

We shįt canned our fake tree and have only bought real trees for several years.

Fugg plastic.

I'll go without a tree before I do plastic.

Short video on my Uncle's retail side (does a PILE of wholesale Christmas greens)

Me

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jim1611
In my area, northeast Missouri, the family owned farms here are usually running about 3000 acres. Some of that is rented ground. I have no way of knowing their finances or care to but they all are driving the newest and best pickups and farm equipment, live in the nicer homes around here and take plenty of vacations every year. If they're hard up it isn't showing by the way they live.

Sounds kinda like you care a little bit.
Not caring but observing what our taxes are helping to fund. When your neighbor brags about how much he gets from subsidies on oats and barely and never raised a crop of either it seems fishy to me.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
In my area, northeast Missouri, the family owned farms here are usually running about 3000 acres. Some of that is rented ground. I have no way of knowing their finances or care to but they all are driving the newest and best pickups and farm equipment, live in the nicer homes around here and take plenty of vacations every year. If they're hard up it isn't showing by the way they live.

Not caring but observing what our taxes are helping to fund. When your neighbor brags about how much he gets from subsidies on oats and barely and never raised a crop of either it seems fishy to me.

There is something called "basis"...where you get paid for crops you used to raise.

I am not sure how it works.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I dunno, but a guy I went to high school with got a "covid relief loan" for $1.3 million and it was forgiven in full. I guess COVID kept him from farming, somehow.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by drop_point
I dunno, but a guy I went to high school with got a "covid relief loan" for $1.3 million and it was forgiven in full. I guess COVID kept him from farming, somehow.

I believe those were Small Business Administration loans.

Most people went into that believing it would be forgiven.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Well, it was. Not sure how his livelihood was taken from him because of COVID, but there go our tax dollars.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

There is something called "basis"...where you get paid for crops you used to raise.

I rent out what little farm ground we have. I want to put it all in CRP but they use a date back in the 1980's for the comparison. We did not have row crop on that ground, we had hay. So, the USDA has no basis to compare to. So, until the Congress changes that date, we will be renting out the ground.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

Well, it was. Not sure how his livelihood was taken from him because of COVID, but there go our tax dollars.

The loan applications were worded so poorly that it would be a miracle if they were ever paid back.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by kwg020

I rent out what little farm ground we have. I want to put it all in CRP but they use a date back in the 1980's for the comparison. We did not have row crop on that ground, we had hay. So, the USDA has no basis to compare to. So, until the Congress changes that date, we will be renting out the ground.

kwg

I guess it depends on the farm bill.

At times, you could build basis.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The loan applications were worded so poorly that it would be a miracle if they were ever paid back.

Makes it hard to feel sorry for the "poor little farmers" and other business owners when they got such a windfall.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Makes it hard to feel sorry for the "poor little farmers" and other business owners when they got such a windfall.

It's like reparations for white farmers, how ironic when they point their fingers at the scumbags in society with BS entitlements. lololol

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

We looked into them...but they couldn't be used for anything we needed.

There were other loans available too. One for employee retention and one for operating expenses.

Everyone said just to do it.....they wouldn't want it back.

The old woman is too honest.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

There were other loans available too. One for employee retention and one for operating expenses.

Good for her.

My small business could have gotten one, but it just wasn't honest to take it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
It's like reparations for white farmers, how ironic when they point their fingers at the scumbags in society with BS entitlements. lololol

I know a farmer that complains all the time about "them n*$@$r welfare bums who keep dropping babies" all the time, but his subsidies could make a good living for ten people. He also took a COVID "loan" he didn't have to pay back.

My father about went broke farming, but he never took a dime.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

Good for her.

My small business could have gotten one, but it just wasn't honest to take it.

Thanks , Jim and Drop Point for being honest.. I also likely could have gotten some money for being self employed. I could hardly imagine doing that.. However, I have a BIL with a small company that took $32,000. How Son in Law took $410,000 . . It should be payed back with at least some interest.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

673 members (17CalFan, 160user, 204guy, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 66 invisible), 3,164 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,962
Posts18,499,194
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.