Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I posted this separately from the other thread. I got ahold of Lee Precision today and asked if the 22 Hornet collet die could be used with the 22 K-Hornet. This was their reply.

The 22 Hornet collet neck sizing die cannot be used for the 22 K hornet. The 22 K hornet has a drastically different base to shoulder length and neck length, both are critical to get accurate sizing.

Lee can adjust a 22 Hornet collet die to the K configuration for $30. https://support.leeprecision.net/en/knowledgebase/article/22-k-hornet-collet-die-set-adjustment

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

---

If you have almost any cartridge for which they do not make a collet die, you can get one made. https://leeprecision.com/custom-collet-necksizing-die-set

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Good info. Thanks

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Steve you're such an anti gun anti freedom hypocrite. Remember when you supported the Trudeau covid lock downs in Canada and you celebrated the arrest of Truckers and the covid passport to leave your home? You're a joke

Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I posted this separately from the other thread. I got ahold of Lee Precision today and asked if the 22 Hornet collet die could be used with the 22 K-Hornet. This was their reply.

The 22 Hornet collet neck sizing die cannot be used for the 22 K hornet. The 22 K hornet has a drastically different base to shoulder length and neck length, both are critical to get accurate sizing.

Lee can adjust a 22 Hornet collet die to the K configuration for $30. https://support.leeprecision.net/en/knowledgebase/article/22-k-hornet-collet-die-set-adjustment

---

If you have almost any cartridge for which they do not make a collet die, you can get one made. https://leeprecision.com/custom-collet-necksizing-die-set

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I use the standard Hornet die to size the K Hornet. Had to machine a brass spacer the exact thickness to make it work. Also had to take a thousand off the stem to add some neck tension.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by kenacp
I use the standard Hornet die to size the K Hornet. Had to machine a brass spacer the exact thickness to make it work. Also had to take a thousand off the stem to add some neck tension.

Good work! How long did it take you? I sent mine back to Lee to get done.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by kenacp

Good work! How long did it take you? I sent mine back to Lee to get done.
I like to tinker, so it was worth the time. Other than that, I would spend the money and order the correct one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tag

Ask for forgiveness......instead of permission

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 160user, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,104
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.