-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone with more recent Fierce Rifle experiences? I know there's some not so great reviews out there, particularly with a few earlier rifles.

Specifically looking at a Carbon Rouge 20" 6.5 PRC. Can pick up for 300-400 less than typical retail, so putting it in the same price range as the Ridgeline FFT's.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
No expirience with that one, I do have a CT Rage. Very nice rifle, nothing negative to report after 40 or so rounds. As with anything, time will tell, but so far, so good.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks Dean for the response

Rage's built on a Sako type action? Believe the Rouges are Remington footprint?

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I've heard that it's a Sako 85 style action with modifications, Fierce calls it a Titanium 3 - Lug Triad Action with a 70 degree bolt throw. Being Titanium, it's not smooth as glass, but not bad at all and absolutely no complaints here.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a Carbon Rogue in 6.5 PRC with a 24 inch barrel. The design is based on a Rem 700 action. I was a bit nervous putting out that much cash given some of the internet stories, but I bought one that was in stock and on sale at a local dealer and looked it over carefully before I bought it. It's very accurate and seems reliable so far, so I'm happy with it.

The only reservation I have is that the carbon fiber stock has a fairly large rounded pistol grip which is pretty smooth and is a bit hard for my mid sized hands to control in recoil. But that's a minor quibble. I did handle another Fierce, I believe it was a Carbon Rival, where the bolt cycling was not very smooth so I think it pays to handle them in person before you buy.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Sounds like the Carbon Rage you handled had a Titanium action, what I have. Definately not as smooth, but they do get better with use.

NRA life member

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dean, I fixed my post. That rifle with the rough cycling bolt was a Rival, not a Rage.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Only a few places I know of have any in stock and they're all 22-24" barrels. Can get into those for 2k.

Can order one for around 1750, which to me at least is a decent chunk of change for an unknown.

Last edited by 69sportfury; 03/29/24.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
There's such a broad spectrum of rifles to choose from, it can be a little daunting. Before I purchased my Fierce rifle, I read some less than stellar reviews on them too, along with some very good ones. And then I educated myself about the one guy in particular that was very vocal about them. Turns out, IMO, that he's not as reputable as he would like you to think. So far, my CT Rage is very easy to shoot and is very accurate. I feel the rifle is very well made and not just substantiating my purchase by saying so. I topped it with great glass, Zeiss V6, using Talley steel bases and Talley verticle split rings.

NRA life member

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I know of two buddies that bought Fierce rifles, I dont know what models they had but i know both rifles had carbon barrels, the reason i know so little about them is neither guy owns a Fierce today, one I know had accuracy issues but i dont know why the other buddy sold his. He may have just got bored with it and sold it, I know I have done that multiple times myself....Good luck with your rifle 👍....Hb

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Must be the rifle that's inaccurate, because it sure can't be me! Lol!

Time is the ultimate test....

NRA life member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
Turns out, IMO, that he's not as reputable as he would like you to think.

Lemme guess – BSAhunter yapping about the multitude of them (insert specific chambering that's germane to whatever the discussion) that he's seen at the range? whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

470 members (160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 41 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,762
Posts18,476,578
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.