Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Disgraced FTX CEO and Democrat Megadonor Sam Bankman-Fried on Thursday was [b]sentenced to 25 years in jail for fraud after facing up to 100 years in jail.

The 25-year sentence pales in comparison to the potential 100 years SBF faced based on his crimes, perjury, and witness tampering.

His sentence pales in comparison to fraudster Bernie Madoff, who received a sentence of 150 years for his financial crimes.

Bankman-Fried’s attorney, Marc Mukasey, told the court on Thursday, “Sam was not a ruthless financial serial killer who set out every morning to hurt people.”

“His real motivations were misapprehended and misunderstood. Really he’s an awkward math nerd…He loves video games and veganism, and he’s compassionate to animals,” he added.

Breitbart

Well there you go. Sam is compassionate to animals and eats vegetables so that's good for shaving 75 years off his sentence. I guess.

Or was it the $$$ BILLIONS he "donated" to Democrats?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by SupFoo; 03/28/24.
GB1

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Repeating myself:

The biggest joke by the prosecutor is requesting 100 years in prison but dropping the campaign finance charges. That is a list that no one in Washington wanted exposed to the public.

Lost Arra in previous camp life
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
He will be sent to the special Jewish Federal Prison, guaranteed. It's like a country club, with great food.

“For a Jewish person, there is no place like Otisville ... There's no other prison where you can get services like that.”

- Inmate, Earl Seth David

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Media arguing that those hurt by the fruad will get ALL their money back...I'll give it 5-7 years and they will do an early release.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
Media arguing that those hurt by the fruad will get ALL their money back...I'll give it 5-7 years and they will do an early quiet release.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
With good behavior he’ll get off in 60 days z

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'd rather be carried by 6 than judged by 12.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
He will serve 21 years, if he is well behaved, doesn't get caught smoking pot, etc.

FCI Otisville is located in southeastern New York State, near the Pennsylvania and New Jersey borders, and 70 miles (110 km) northwest of New York City.

Jewish demographics
Aleph Institute's prison outreach director, Rabbi Menachem Katz, stated that the BOP "kind of unofficially designated it to meet the needs of Orthodox Jews" due to the proximity to the Jewish population of New York City.[3] Circa 2008 the warden of the prison stated 58 prisoners were Jewish, while Jewish Prisoner Services International chairman Gary Friedman stated that about 120 prisoners were Jewish. FCI Otisville offers Passover Seders, done in the prison cafeteria. Until other prisons began offering seders, prisoners at those institutions took buses to Otisville to partake in seders. Peter Hyman of New York magazine wrote "Otisville still offers one of the more traditional Seders in the prison system."[3] Religious Jewish inmates request assignment to FCI Otisville for these reasons.[4]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
This is Fed time, no early parole, he can earn 25 days a year off his sentence for good behavior. Otisville is no walk in the park, all the Federal drug defendants for the Southern and Eastern Districts awaiting trial or sentencing are housed there! It ain’t Disney!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sako76
This is Fed time, no early parole, he can earn 25 days a year off his sentence for good behavior. Otisville is no walk in the park, all the Federal drug defendants for the Southern and Eastern Districts awaiting trial or sentencing are housed there! It ain’t Disney!
Depends on what section you're in.

IC B3

SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Where will he serve his sentence?

U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan, who oversaw Bankman-Fried's trial in Manhattan federal court, handed down his sentence on Thursday and made a recommendation to the federal Bureau of Prisons about where the former billionaire should serve his time.

"I strongly recommend to the Bureau of Prisons that the defendant be designated initially to a medium security facility or any lower security institution the BOP considers appropriate, and I do so for two reasons," Judge Kaplan said.

"First, I have no reason to believe that the defendant would initiate any act of violence against another prisoner or any BOP staff," which Kaplan said would typically merit assignment to a maximum security prison facility.

"Second, defendant's notoriety. His association with vast wealth – regardless of his present and actual financial resources – and his autism and social awkwardness are likely to make him more than usually vulnerable to misconduct by other inmates in the environment of a maximum security facility," Kaplan explained.

"I further recommend that the designated facility be as close to the San Francisco Bay Area as possible for the purpose of facilitating family visitation," he added.

Bankman-Fried's parents, Joseph Bankman and Barbara Fried, both reside in the San Francisco Bay Area and have worked as professors at Stanford Law School.

Judge Kaplan's recommendation that Sam serve his sentence at a medium security prison near the Bay Area points to two potential medium security federal prisons in northern California where he may be sent to serve his sentence – FCI Herlong and FCI Mendota. Both correctional institutions have adjacent satellite prison camps to house minimum-security offenders.

FOX Business

California Dream'n........ No Rikers for Sam.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by SupFoo; 03/29/24.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Sako76

52 days a year. Total, about 4 year reduction.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

373 members (10ring1, 160user, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 35 invisible), 1,942 guests, and 1,077 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,760
Posts18,476,494
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.