Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by frogman43
Not selling mine either! Bought it from a Detroit police officer who told me it was his first duty gun back when he started.

Frog----out!

I am certain no police force issued .45 Colt in your lifetime. Last service weapon was Colt 1909, so police might have used some in roaring 20s, so called. I can understand what he said, as they say "faith sells mounds of inventory". Hey, did you know that some South American 1911-type pistols (actually ony barrels and magazines are interchangeable so they only look like 1911) were made from steel obtained from wreck of Admiral Graf Spee?🤭🤣

As usual you are wrong.

Being that you are not allowed to own guns and all your "knowledge" comes from google and Wikipedia, versus actual hands on experience, I would have thought you would have known better.

There have been a good number of agencies that have issued .45 Colt revolvers. In fact a good number of those agencies are right in your own back yard. Perhaps you should ask your probation officer.

Long Beach PD is one, National City, CA is another, Ontario, CA is yet another.

Back to ignoring mentally ill Maser.

Anyways, continuing on with the subject...

They did use .45 Colt SAA revolvers in the Old West. The revolvers used up to late 80s or 90s of last century were .38/.357 (Highway Patrolman, Trooper, Service Six....). There was famed backup
44 Special around which rose a company called Charter Arms.