Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pappy348
For better or worse, here it is. New weight is 6 pounds, 9.3oz, much better thank you! Inside pic because it’s snowing and powdery snow over iced-over snow is hazardous to old men.

[Linked Image]

Good looking rifle

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I got a modified Timney trigger from Wayne York.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is everyone still loving these Pendleton stocks? I have been looking at my options and it's either this or the Bell and Carlson unless I send something to LRI to have inletted which probably isn't going to happen.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Haven’t shot mine yet. The barrel is now fully floated instead of full contact, so that might need futzing with. The new stock is a very tight fit and took a while to get it all together with the floorplate, follower, and mag box. Once together, feeding was perfect.

If you want to lighten yours up, this seems like the best way.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Looks like a fantastic mini action setup. Honestly it's how the gun should come from the factory, or at least be an option.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The Carbon Stalker comes pretty close. Not sure how many are willing to pay the cost from the factory. I think they discontinued the Alpines over supply problems with the stock.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The carbon stalker is a good looking gun. I have a heavy barrel, is the Pendleton wide enough to accommodate that,?

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DryPowder
The carbon stalker is a good looking gun. I have a heavy barrel, is the Pendleton wide enough to accommodate that,?

It is. I had my HB in one before I swapped over to the smaller contour.

Last edited by AKduck; 02/08/22.

Yup.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by DryPowder

The PCS stocks are all made around the Howa heavy barrel. Mine has a gap around the standard countour barrel but it's not unsightly.

Medics bury their mistakes..
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I just received my Pendleton stock for my 22” tapered barreled action that I purchased from Brownell’s. The stock is nicely made and weighs 18.6 oz. by my scale.

The barrel channel inlet is much wider than what I’d expect , probably nearly 1/8” on the sides and bottom of the barrel. To me it looks like it was inletted for the heavy barreled action. The inlet behind the rear tang has a gap, though smaller, as well. For those of you have purchased this stock, was your barrel channel inlet excessively large as well? I spoke with Wayne Your on the phone when he took my order. He did not ask about which barrel configuration my action had.

If all his stocks come this way I’ll just have to deal with it. It is disappointing though.

Thanks for your help.

Frank

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by fshaw
I just received my Pendleton stock for my 22” tapered barreled action that I purchased from Brownell’s. The stock is nicely made and weighs 18.6 oz. by my scale.

The barrel channel inlet is much wider than what I’d expect , probably nearly 1/8” on the sides and bottom of the barrel. To me it looks like it was inletted for the heavy barreled action. The inlet behind the rear tang has a gap, though smaller, as well. For those of you have purchased this stock, was your barrel channel inlet excessively large as well? I spoke with Wayne Your on the phone when he took my order. He did not ask about which barrel configuration my action had.

If all his stocks come this way I’ll just have to deal with it. It is disappointing though.

Thanks for your help.

Frank
Weird that you didn't discuss barrel types.
He must have thought you had the heavy barrel version.
I'd send it back, myself. Those things are too expensive to put up with that.
I bought the cheaper, heavier Bell&Carlson for the same barreled action and it fit like a glove.
The JO bottom metal also fit like a glove.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10ring1, 007FJ, 74 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,094
Posts18,483,019
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.