Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Meh..

Sig 320 is a fine pistol but the Glock 17 is also fine. I carry a Glock 20 cause of grizzly reasons but my Sig 320 is a great pistol.

The 92 was always a bad choice but pistols don't matter much on the battlefield.

For carry I would take the Sig 320/G17/G19/GWhatever#/S&W MP over the 92 all day and every day. But a 92 would sure beat throwing rocks.

Johnny rehab. You admitted on here you never touched a firearm when you served as a gas pump attendant in the AF

It’s funny when try and discuss firearms having no background in the actual use
'
Ribeka, GTFO of this thread and go play somewhere else.
You don't know anything about this.
Now scoot !

LOL

You confused old boomer do you know what year it is?

I ve carried every day at work in the military and as a Leo 34 years and as a FIC I trained hundreds of military and Leo’s how to shoot And I’ve been to colt Sig and Glock amorer schools . I tested the sigs and glocks for feedback and taught FI classes at FLETC and Artesia and completed in the army

What do you and Johnny vodka bring to this thread?
'
Why so snarky Ribeka ?
I thought we were pals ?
It's the prostate again, isn't it ?

10:30 is way past your bedtime, you old goat.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
There might be a 19X in the pickup...

Lookout!

lol

Happy Easter.
Don't get doxxed cuzzin....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, it eliminated thick man grip of Beretta plus its cheaper and easier to maintain.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Glock 19 or HK USP9 over an Sig 320 any day.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They are both unsat. I see them every day here at work. BOTH continue to break, Should have gone and stuck with the P-226

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Does anyone know if Glock sent an off the shelf pistol to be evaluated?

I CAN NOT find it anymore - but I distinctly remember a youtube discussion around the Glock vs Sig vs Beretta discussion. DOD wanted a manual thumb safety or decocker. Sig, sent their M17 with a thumb safety. Glock sent a bone stock G17 figuring "We're Glock, take it and like it".

I know you can have a safety installed on the Glock - just trying to see if I'm mis-remembering a youtube video I saw from years ago. So figured I'd ask - does anyone here know what Glock actually sent and if it actually met parameters that way?

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not counting the military contracts, the movies Lethal Weapon and Die Hard did more for civilian and police sales of the Beretta 92 than anything.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
Not counting the military contracts, the movies Lethal Weapon and Die Hard did more for civilian and police sales of the Beretta 92 than anything.

Ron

In the 80s and 90s - every action flick had a bad guy with a stainless or nickel 92.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They sent G19x with safety similar to SiG or S&W M&P. Despite what "Mr. I got my permit at 17" replaceable backstraps do not constitute modular design. Nobody really cares if some of you disapprove of SiG M17 or M18.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Slavek
They sent G19x with safety similar to SiG or S&W M&P. Despite what "Mr. I got my permit at 17" replaceable backstraps do not constitute modular design. Nobody really cares if some of you disapprove of SiG M17 or M18.

I can think of no one with less credibility than you to comment.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Teal

LOL!

No doubt!

Everything he knows about the subject can fit easily on the point of a needle! laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does anyone know if Glock sent an off the shelf pistol to be evaluated?

I CAN NOT find it anymore - but I distinctly remember a youtube discussion around the Glock vs Sig vs Beretta discussion. DOD wanted a manual thumb safety or decocker. Sig, sent their M17 with a thumb safety. Glock sent a bone stock G17 figuring "We're Glock, take it and like it".

I know you can have a safety installed on the Glock - just trying to see if I'm mis-remembering a youtube video I saw from years ago. So figured I'd ask - does anyone here know what Glock actually sent and if it actually met parameters that way?

No, Glock sent a manual safety version that later became the G19X.

The contract called for a modular grip design that fit both a "compact" and full-size role. Glock's way of meeting the solicitation was one gun where Sig offered two guns and the modular grip modules. CZ, FN, Beretta, and a few others also entered submissions.

Glock and Sig were the only two pistols to make it to the final rounds of the trial, either due to failure to meet requirements or because of performance. Both Glock and Sig met requirements, but Sig severely undercut Glock's price. The selection was made without completing the final round of testing as I understand it.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
When Mr. Potato Head modularity is the decisive factor for awarding contracts, with little girl grips most important, how good a gun you gonna need anyhow? We ain't fightin' no more real wars, except culture ones. Tranny pistols is what you want....

This could win the award for the most uninformed comment of the thread.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Ron

In the 80s and 90s - every action flick had a bad guy with a stainless or nickel 92.
Good guys, too. Die Hard and Lethal Weapon come to mind.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by rainshot
Pre Desert Storm the Ruger beat the Beretta but they picked the Beretta because they needed Italian airspace to attack Kuwait.

Desert storm was years after the M9 was adopted

In Desert Storm it was still common to see many support units carrying M16A1s and 1911's as the A2 was adopted in 1986 (83 for USMC) and the M9 in 1985.

And more units were still driving the M1008/M1009 vehicles (K5 Blazers and 3/4 ton GM trucks) than HUMVEEs then as well.

I even saw USAF guards carrying brand new M16s (NOT even A1s--no forward assist) in 1997 in Bosnia.

Once something is "adopted" by the military it takes years for it to be completely fielded, even smaller items such as individual weapons

just my 2 cents....

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

LOL!

No doubt!

Everything he knows about the subject can fit easily on the point of a needle! laugh
I don't know. I imagine he has the Airsoft versions of many of the guns being discussed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pre Desert Storm the Ruger beat the Beretta but they picked the Beretta because they needed Italian airspace to attack Kuwait.

The M9 was selected long before Desert Storm.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Ron

Good guys, too. Die Hard and Lethal Weapon come to mind.

Yeah, but Die Hard and Lethal Weapon also.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got no skin in the game and only reported what a man I knew at the time that was present at the trials Ruger competed in. He told me it was the most reliable. They were late and didn't compete in the first two trials and some manufacturers boycotted the third. Beretta had won the first two and they went with it.
The P85 was originally developed as a replacement alternative for the U.S. Military's 1984 Joint Service Small Arms Program, a venture to replace the aging M1911A1 to a higher-capacity, NATO-compliant weapon. The P85 met all of the military's requirements, including a 20,000-round life expectancy. Despite this, the P85 was not completed in time for the first two trials. It was, however, able to compete in the later XM10 trials in 1988, for which Ruger supplied 30 P85s to the Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland. Despite performing well, the Beretta M9, which had succeeded at winning the previous two competitions, won once again and was awarded the contract.

The Ruger P85 did find success with some police departments and civilians, as its rugged design and military qualities did see it adopted by the San Diego Police Department and the Wisconsin State Patrol.[4] Both P85s and P89s were approved for carry by the Chicago Police Department. The P85 was also adopted by the Turkish National Police.[5] In 2004, the US Army awarded Ruger & Co., Inc. a contract for 5,000 KP95D pistols to be delivered to the Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command, which issued them to Iraqi Army and Police units.[6][7]

Have you considered you were lied to?

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,257 guests, and 1,401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,941
Posts18,480,095
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.