Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Brokenarrow
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I've found seashells on top of mountains more than 8000' high. Damn this global warming.

Yep, and I've got one fossilized in shale that came from 10,550' deep in the ground.

That is pretty cool.

Was it from a mine or drilling? Location?

Thanks in advance.

Core sample from a drilling operation in Beckham County Oklahoma.

Thanks for the reply. I would love to take a look at that fossil. Pretty unique.

Have a great day.

It's not real clear in the picture, shows up better in person. I showed it to my Geologist, he took a closer look and confirmed that it was a prehistoric shell of some kind.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Too cool! Thank you for the picture, it is clear as dayn

Quite the specimen you have there.

GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MAC
For what it is worth a few years ago for my NJROTC class which covers basic oceanography we looked at this sort of this. I don't have the figures in front of me but if you take the trillions of square meters of the surface of the ocean and then add the estimated volume of water trapped in the icecaps above the water level as well as the water trapped in all the major glaciers it will raise the level of the ocean surface slightly more than 1/4 of an inch. The rise is really that small. So, it isn't the rising of sea level that would have a big impact but the decrease in the salinity level of the ocean could be ecologically damaging to many species while being beneficial to many as well.

But you never hear the enviro morons talk about that.

Given that in most general construction 1/8" is "close enough" how precise are the measure nets of a moving surface that flows in and out of the beach sands?
It is the perfect environment for "finding what you want to find". Biased data collection.....but the Left would never do that....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MAC
For what it is worth a few years ago for my NJROTC class which covers basic oceanography we looked at this sort of this. I don't have the figures in front of me but if you take the trillions of square meters of the surface of the ocean and then add the estimated volume of water trapped in the icecaps above the water level as well as the water trapped in all the major glaciers it will raise the level of the ocean surface slightly more than 1/4 of an inch. The rise is really that small. So, it isn't the rising of sea level that would have a big impact but the decrease in the salinity level of the ocean could be ecologically damaging to many species while being beneficial to many as well.

That salinity is a big problem with desalinating sea water. The brine is highly concentrated salt. You can't just dump it back in the ocean without killing everything around. To safely dump it back requires spreading it around over many square miles.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by MAC

That salinity is a big problem with desalinating sea water. The brine is highly concentrated salt. You can't just dump it back in the ocean without killing everything around. To safely dump it back requires spreading it around over many square miles.

I have always wondered why they don't just produce sea salt from the concentrated brine. I'm sure is has to do with pollutants etc...but if just seawater, big evaporation ponds...evaporate h20 out of the brine, harvest salt, repeat.

Would take a lot of land though.

M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
All good points, and we can argue on and on as to the man’s effects on so called global warming. BUT what we must concern ourselves with is the true motivation behind this false narative, that being CONTROL. Control of the worlds entire activities as laid out in the world economic Council’s GREAT RESET. The evil cabal behind this draconian plan has no concern for the environment , their aims are to create a one world unelected government that dictate every function of human activity, meaning you and I, the commoners will own nothing , have NO freedoms , and bend to the ruling class demands . A modern day SERFDOM, much like the dark ages. Everyone needs to get a copy of the great reset and share it with your friends and family, can be obtained from the John Birch Society and other freedom loving conservative organizations

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I have always wondered why they don't just produce sea salt from the concentrated brine. I'm sure is has to do with pollutants etc...but if just seawater, big evaporation ponds...evaporate h20 out of the brine, harvest salt, repeat.

I have fished bones in just such a “pond.”

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

I have fished bones in just such a “pond.”

I'm thinking the volume of water processed may be the issue.

Idk.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 1Longbow, 64 invisible), 2,173 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,930
Posts18,479,910
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.