-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is cool, too. I've picked one of these up several times. But it is just too specialized. It comes with an extral full choke tube, and a spread choke tube.

https://www.browning.com/products/f...ltimate-turkey-mossy-oak-bottomland.html

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like you need to sell "turkey guns". You don't need a "specialized" turkey gun for each situation you can dream up.

And after you sell two or three turkey guns, get an AR15 for home defense.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by drop_point
Sounds like you need to sell "turkey guns". You don't need a "specialized" turkey gun for each situation you can dream up.

Easier to swap a turkey tube for a cylinder bore tube if using for home defense.

No need for a rifle cartridge when shooting 30' or so.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I am guilty of it and have come back to a bead and figured out shooting a standing bird at 30 yards is easily done with about any field load but we tend to make this critter killing far harder and more expensive than it needs to be.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I’ve been turkey hunting with a Beretta Xtrema since it first came out back around 2003. I mainly bought it for duck & goose hunting but it became my turkey gun by default as well. Other than buying a Rhino choke and more recently a Jeb’s just never saw a need to experiment or tinker with things like I have with rifles. Unfortunately the rubber inserts in the stock and forearm have developed the sticky stock issue and Beretta discontinued support for this gun years ago so been looking at getting a SBE. I’m not going to poke fun at anyone’s obsession with customized turkey guns because I’ve spent a silly amount of money on custom turkey calls over the years that weren’t necessary either but I enjoy them and the calling part of turkey hunting.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Easier to swap a turkey tube for a cylinder bore tube if using for home defense.

It is obvious you don't understand the reason for choosing an AR15 over a shotgun. No, it isn't because of the range, nor is it because of the choke tube.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H

It is obvious you don't understand the reason for choosing an AR15 over a shotgun. No, it isn't because of the range, nor is it because of the choke tube.

IS this the theory shooting frangible bullets in a 223 is better than turning loose a pile of .22 caliber balls?
Please explain.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There's an AR forum for that.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Is it because Slow Joe told us to get a shotgun?

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Back to the original post….

I literally just had my 4 main Turkey guns out cleaning them and getting ready for season. My first was bought for me in either 1996 or 1997 and it is an 870 Youth Turkey 20 gauge with a 21” barrel. I have killed a truckload of gobblers with it over the last 20+ years.

I actually put it in the soft case to be first up this weekend. I had right at $4k dollars worth of turkey guns laying beside that little 870 and it is still just hard to beat.

My favorite is still my CZ Bobwhite 28 gauge, but if I was left to hunt with that 870 and a decent shell I could gladly do that for the rest of my hunting career.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I use to have several turkey rigs, but somewhere along the line I was able to kick the habit and now only have (2) dedicated turkey shotguns.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Shame on you!!! Lol!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Is it because Slow Joe told us to get a shotgun?

We called our work team O/U's... Biden Tacticals.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Lol don’t start looking at the new mossberg 940 pro tactical and turkey 18.5” models. Both have chokes. Both have receiver cut for super low mount red dots. Guys are cross shopping the 18.5” turkey as a tactical alternative. Holosun 407/507k or EPS and EPS carry will go on them. The EPS is enclosed emitter and slightly lower deck height than the 07’s. The nice wide fov EPS is top pick imo, solar, shake awake etc. I’m not even into turkey or shotguns and I’ve ordered the 18.5” turkey.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

486 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 43 invisible), 2,158 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,246
Posts18,486,192
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.