Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
No question that LE is a dangerous job, but not THE most dangerous. However, when you look at the nature of the hazards the picture changes. It is at the top of the list when it comes to homicides, followed closely by retail workers (think shop-and-robs), then security guards and cab drivers. The devil is always in the details. Cops are required to confront violent people, but they have the means and authority to defend themselves. The convenience store clerk isn't allowed to do so, and would probably get fired if he did. So how can you make a valid comparison? Probably can't, and what's the point anyhow?

Injury and death from vehicle accidents is another common factor in many dangerous occupations, including LE.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Paul39
No question that LE is a dangerous job, but not THE most dangerous. However, when you look at the nature of the hazards the picture changes. It is at the top of the list when it comes to homicides, followed closely by retail workers (think shop-and-robs), then security guards and cab drivers. The devil is always in the details. Cops are required to confront violent people, but they have the means and authority to defend themselves. The convenience store clerk isn't allowed to do so, and would probably get fired if he did. So how can you make a valid comparison? Probably can't, and what's the point anyhow?

Injury and death from vehicle accidents is another common factor in many dangerous occupations, including LE.

Governors on vehicles would help.

Other direction on the homicides.

Preventing Violence against Taxicab Drivers | Blogs | CDC

"While the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and others have reported since the 1990s that the taxicab industry has a very high occurrence of workplace homicide, some are still surprised to learn that taxicab drivers face a greater risk for injury and homicide on the job than those working in law enforcement and security."

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Hey did you see the Women being Taken Off the Plane the other Day

She started screaming I Can’t Breathe

I Can’t Breathe..

Crusader isn’t that Desecration of George Floyd’s Memory

The Bitch was Black

Hahahaha Hahahaha

Can’t wait for your 10 Rounds of Commentary on the Injustice and Obstruction of Justice

Hahahaha Hahahaha

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by steve4102
There is no scenario in life where I would ever call a LEO for assistance.

Chortle....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by gunchamp
I hope the cop bashers in here handle all their own messes when chit goes down. Pretty easy to be an arm chair QB, isnt it? Not saying their arent bad cops, there most certainly are, but this guy just got murdered by some pile of dog chit and it happens all the time. Easy to run your mouths and just bash the people who are trying to protect you

You speak the truth.

NRA Endowment Member
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Go ahead, call for help, just don’t be surprised when you end up dead.

If you ever have to use justifiable deadly force against another human, would you call the police? Are you going to shovel and shut up? What if a witness calls the police and police start arriving near you? Are you going to play nice with the police or are you going to flip out into your usual paranoia and “defend yourself” from ending up dead?

What if you are in a situation where deadly force is not warranted, say you witness a vandalism against your vehicle in a parking lot. What are you going to do?
Use deadly force anyway? (See above.)
Forget about it? (Your insurance company would want a police report.)
Beat the miscreant up, take restitution in the form of his personal possessions, and leave?
Make a “citizen’s arrest,” throw the guy in the back seat of your car and try to book him into the nearest jail?
Throw him in the back seat of your car and lock him up in your basement to serve out his time?

You really need to step away from the Internet and whatever news sources that you rely upon. They are giving you a warped sense of reality, where the exceptions are your perceived norm.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

If you ever have to use justifiable deadly force against another human, would you call the police? Are you going to shovel and shut up? What if a witness calls the police and police start arriving near you? Are you going to play nice with the police or are you going to flip out into your usual paranoia and “defend yourself” from ending up dead?

What if you are in a situation where deadly force is not warranted, say you witness a vandalism against your vehicle in a parking lot. What are you going to do?
Beat the miscreant up, take restitution in the form of his personal possessions, and leave?
Make a “citizen’s arrest,” throw the guy in the back seat of your car and try to book him into the nearest jail?
Throw him in the back seat of your car and lock him up in your basement to serve out his time?

You really need to step away from the Internet and whatever news sources that you rely upon. They are giving you a warped sense of reality, where the exceptions are your perceived norm.

Suppose he should have the misfortune of being seriously injured in a vehicle accident and happens to be gushing blood from a life-threatening wound when the officers arrive on the scene and begin patching him up until the ambulance and EMT's get there 10-30 minutes away. Do you think steve4102 is gonna wave them off and refuse service?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by MOGC

Suppose he should have the misfortune of being seriously injured in a vehicle accident and happens to be gushing blood from a life-threatening wound when the officers arrive on the scene and begin patching him up until the ambulance and EMT's get there 10-30 minutes away. Do you think steve4102 is gonna wave them off and refuse service?
I asked that same question of a female was was outraged at the number of local LEOs who weren't getting vaccinated during covid. No response.......

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Steevie is the type of Karen who would call the cops if your grass needed a trim.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Steevie is the type of Karen who would call the cops if your grass needed a trim.

Jim for the win.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I didn’t say I wouldn’t call the police to report an incident or an accident. I said I would not call them for ASSISTANCE. Yuge difference.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

If I was seriously injured in a vehicle accident and was able to make a call, I would call for assistance from the Fire Dept/EMT , I certainly wouldn’t call for a cop.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

If I was seriously injured in a vehicle accident and was able to make a call, I would call for assistance from the Fire Dept/EMT , I certainly wouldn’t call for a cop.
You’d be calling for emergency services and, in many areas, are going to get a cop first.
You’re going to have the intellectual honesty to ask them to focus solely on the LE portion of the collision and not render aid to you and your family though…..right?

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by NH K9

You’d be calling for emergency services and, in many areas, are going to get a cop first.
You’re going to have the intellectual honesty to ask them to focus solely on the LE portion of the collision and not render aid to you and your family though…..right?

That's hilarious!

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

If they send a cop to direct traffic, so be it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I didn’t say I wouldn’t call the police to report an incident or an accident. I said I would not call them for ASSISTANCE. Yuge difference.

So, if you shoot somebody, or your car gets vandalized, or you are involved in an accident or medical emergency, or you see something bad happen to someone else, and you call the police, you don’t really want the police to do anything? You’re just calling to let them know something happened? It may come as a surprise, but calling the police generally starts a chain of events to happen solely because you called. They are not just a clearing house for irrelevant information. I realize that you want to maintain the theoretical purity of not needing to ask for ASSISTANCE, but it is at least implicit that you are whenever you call the police for anything that is not totally frivolous. No difference. The object of the assistance may be someone other than you, but you are still requesting assistance, expressly or implicitly.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Excellent.
At least you are willing to let your family bleed out in front of you rather than let that copper render aid.
I’d wager that the reality would be a bit different, but at least you are hypothetically willing to suffer for your beliefs

Last edited by NH K9; 04/06/24.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You sound like one of the people who call because they don’t want to handle it themselves but then tell the police exactly how to handle it when they get there.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
They need to start assuming these crazies are going try to kill them.

Is there video footage prior to the video footage that will add context to what happened or perhaps justify why he did it? See a lot of posters that frequently ask that type of question when shown certain other violent encounter videos so I have to assume they just forgot to ask on this one.

I figure the perp's just a scum bag.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

So, if you shoot somebody, or your car gets vandalized, or you are involved in an accident or medical emergency, or you see something bad happen to someone else, and you call the police, you don’t really want the police to do anything? You’re just calling to let them know something happened? It may come as a surprise, but calling the police generally starts a chain of events to happen solely because you called. They are not just a clearing house for irrelevant information. I realize that you want to maintain the theoretical purity of not needing to ask for ASSISTANCE, but it is at least implicit that you are whenever you call the police for anything that is not totally frivolous. No difference. The object of the assistance may be someone other than you, but you are still requesting assistance, expressly or implicitly.
I don’t call police for assistance. Filing a paperwork report is NOT asking for ASSISTANCE. It’s clerical.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (2500HD, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 15 invisible), 1,551 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.