OP Offline
Campfire Member
S

GB1

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
So what happens if mushers race on without the big bucks, corporate fuss, and media fawning? Are you going to demand that the Legislature bans the race?

NRA Life Endowment Member
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
this frijole needs to be deported

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Huntster
So what happens if mushers race on without the big bucks, corporate fuss, and media fawning? Are you going to demand that the Legislature bans the race?

If there’s no money there will be no race. Fact.

Running a dog to death for personal gain is sick and should be criminal.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith

Time for Eddie to go back to Rock Springs, Wyoming or Terrebonne, Oregon.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H

If there’s no money there will be no race. Fact..........

LOL! You're obviously too young to remember the early years of the race. The beginning. Hell, you clearly have no clue about pre-oil Alaska. Indeed, your attitude exhibits youthful cluelessness in bushels. You're precisely the type that I refer to when I preach the end of the PFD: stop the free cash, and 10%-20% of the current population flees as if their asses were on fire, leaving the real Alaskans to live like Alaskans.

Yeah, no race money will dry up the money changers, but the racers will live on just like they did before the Pharisees slithered in.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 79S

Keep googling.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

LOL! You're obviously too young to remember the early years of the race. The beginning. Hell, you clearly have no clue about pre-oil Alaska. Indeed, your attitude exhibits youthful cluelessness in bushels. You're precisely the type that I refer to when I preach the end of the PFD: stop the free cash, and 10%-20% of the current population flees as if their asses were on fire, leaving the real Alaskans to live like Alaskans.

Yeah, no race money will dry up the money changers, but the racers will live on just like they did before the Pharisees slithered in.

Best to ignore. he's not in AK anyhow, Texas likely

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S

No one would move away if the PFD went away. Are you that stupid? No one that lives here puts up with paying year round 15% more one a once a year 2000 check. STFU.

How are you a real Alaskan? Because you are ok with dogs being killed unnecessarily?

End the money end the race. Heard one of the big sponsors is going to pull out soon. The Iditarod is circling the drain as it should!

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Keep googling.

Sure thing Ernesto...

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No one would move away if the PFD went away. Are you that stupid? No one that lives here puts up with paying year round 15% more one a once a year 2000 check. STFU.

How are you a real Alaskan? Because you are ok with dogs being killed unnecessarily?

End the money end the race. Heard one of the big sponsors is going to pull out soon. The Iditarod is circling the drain as it should!

you guys can move back to Phoenix Ernesto..

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
send that Sucio mexicano back to where he swam from

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swamplord
send that Sucio mexicano back to where he swam from

Well Phoenix gets him closer to that goal. It’s crazy to think Ernesto raised in Rock Springs, Wyoming and he turns out to be a liberal.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H

Sure. Like nobody moved here because of the PFD? I remember a family with 10 kids arriving in the early 80's (after the first media reports of the PFD hit the Lower 48) to learn that they had to be here a year to qualify. The dummies at our church were hounding the congregation for housing, food, and clothes for a year keeping them alive in order to cash in.

I personally rented a housing unit to a bum from the Bush who survived on his hard working wife's salary, his family's collective PFDs, and his dreams of becoming a successful marijuana dealer. He called himself "an unemployed welder". Probably never worked a day in his life, and if he did, he probably did more damage than production. Spent his family's entire PFDs in the first year on pounds of pot, then sat there and smoked it up. He was the poster boy for the exact kind of guy for why PFDs (or any "free government money", for that matter) shouldn't exist.

Scum like that pay high Alaska costs because they get free money, free food, stolen goods, misplaced mercy, etc. The proof is laying in the gutter in your nearest homeless camp.

I'm a "real Alaskan" because I've lived and worked here for half a century, that's how, but you can call me an Australian or Martian if you wish. Hell, you're probably the type who would look between your thighs and not know your gender.

In the Alaska of yesteryear, yeah, we shot our own dogs with pistols in mercy because there was no vet to administer fatal shots of poison for hundreds of miles in any direction. Hell, I have no interest in feeding dogs, anyway, even though commercial dog food is available. I can't imagine killing thousands of salmon to feed them before, either. That doesn't mean the Redingtons shouldn't be able to do it if they want. It's better than feeding leftist lawyers or stupid kids with lofty, ignorant "morals".

Go ahead; end the money.........for the Iditarod, Iron Dog, PFD, and every other whirlygig you and I have a hard on for. I couldn't give a fiddlers flock, even if the race went away. But even better would be if SeldomSeen became SeldomHeard. THAT'S what REALLY needs to whimper off in the night..........And I just got the inkling that no PFD would nudge that dream into the right direction.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And here I thought Ono was swimming up from Hawaii . . .

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S

Sure. Like nobody moved here because of the PFD? I remember a family with 10 kids arriving in the early 80's (after the first media reports of the PFD hit the Lower 48) to learn that they had to be here a year to qualify. The dummies at our church were hounding the congregation for housing, food, and clothes for a year keeping them alive in order to cash in.

I personally rented a housing unit to a bum from the Bush who survived on his hard working wife's salary, his family's collective PFDs, and his dreams of becoming a successful marijuana dealer. He called himself "an unemployed welder". Probably never worked a day in his life, and if he did, he probably did more damage than production. Spent his family's entire PFDs in the first year on pounds of pot, then sat there and smoked it up. He was the poster boy for the exact kind of guy for why PFDs (or any "free government money", for that matter) shouldn't exist.

Scum like that pay high Alaska costs because they get free money, free food, stolen goods, misplaced mercy, etc. The proof is laying in the gutter in your nearest homeless camp.

I'm a "real Alaskan" because I've lived and worked here for half a century, that's how, but you can call me an Australian or Martian if you wish. Hell, you're probably the type who would look between your thighs and not know your gender.

In the Alaska of yesteryear, yeah, we shot our own dogs with pistols in mercy because there was no vet to administer fatal shots of poison for hundreds of miles in any direction. Hell, I have no interest in feeding dogs, anyway, even though commercial dog food is available. I can't imagine killing thousands of salmon to feed them before, either. That doesn't mean the Redingtons shouldn't be able to do it if they want. It's better than feeding leftist lawyers or stupid kids with lofty, ignorant "morals".

Go ahead; end the money.........for the Iditarod, Iron Dog, PFD, and every other whirlygig you and I have a hard on for. I couldn't give a fiddlers flock, even if the race went away. But even better would be if SeldomSeen became SeldomHeard. THAT'S what REALLY needs to whimper off in the night..........And I just got the inkling that no PFD would nudge that dream into the right direction.....

Ok boomer

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
SSS so we should end every activity, that potentially involves a human gain, were a death of an animal may happen. Analyze that mind set to its limits, and in doing so are there any activities us humans can involve in whereby a monetary gain , may be realized, that you can approve of? I think not!!!
I assume your mind set is the welfare of the animal, that has no voice to speak for itself, in the matter. Well I contend they do have a voice? That being their reaction to the activity involved. In the case of dogs, love to run and live to run, love to hunt or live to hunt, exhibit their athletic talents or live to preform , same could be said for horse racing , horse performance, and yes even rodeo. If you ever engage yourself, with an open unbiased mind in any such activities you may develope a different view. However I doubt you could even consider attempting such a thing. Coming from an old timer that’s engaged in all the fore mentioned activities , and never had an animal die in my care , unless it was end of life. And that conducted in the most human manner available.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
…….Ok boomer

LOL! There it is! The famous last words of the Kiddie Class as they muddle through their meaningless crusades and life continues to hand them tough realities.

Run along, SeldomThinks. There’s a big, bad doggie race out there for you to try to kill.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (achlupsa, 35, alwaysoutdoors, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 8 invisible), 1,538 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,314
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.