Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#19364623 04/06/24
MAC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Getting into the 300 H&H game. Looking for brass for reloading. If you have any laying around you want to part with shoot me a PM and lets see if we can make a deal.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
There’s some on GB. Not a lot and some of it’s pricey. I have a lot but none I want to part with.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I missed a deal on a Win M-70 .300 H&H that a guy was trading in at a local gun shop. They gave him way less than I tried to buy it directly from him with some mumbo jumbo about not being able to buy and sell there. I told him to meet me across the street and we’d cut a cash deal. Didn’t happen and the cork sucker in the shop ended up buying it for himself. I later told the real owner about it and he was pissed since I had been a good customer for years. I told him that I would never spend a dime there as long as the clown worked there. A year later, the clown called me and wanted to buy a ticket to our RMEF banquet. I told him no, but he could buy a whole table for $800.. F him.
I moved on to a .300 H&H Improved aka .300 Weatherby and happy ever after.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd love to have a Super 30, always liked that round.

We deal in lead, friend.
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I've given serious thought to turning my M70 7mmRemMag into a super 30. No good reason, just seems like it would be cool. If JES could do re-bore I just might.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I started out in the 300 H&H game around 1990 with a 721 Remington. It was superbly accurate. I ended up fitting it with a 700 floor plate and a 700 Classic stock.

A few years later after a little windfall I ordered a left handed KS Mountain rifle in 300 H&H and sold the 721 to a good friend. He went on to kill a lot of deer and elk with it.

I’ve posted pictures of the KS here several time. It has taken both whitetail and mule deer, antelope, elk and caribou. It’s been on a few sheep and goat camping trips and even stopped my accelerating slide down a shale slope. At the expense of a chunk of cheek piece.

The 300 H&H is simply one of my all time favorite rounds. I’ve never seen one that doesn’t shoot well, it feeds like it can’t wait to get in the chamber and handles bullets from 130 to 250 grains.

MAC best of luck with your 300 H&H endeavors.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
MAC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OGB
I've given serious thought to turning my M70 7mmRemMag into a super 30. No good reason, just seems like it would be cool. If JES could do re-bore I just might.

This is exactly what I am doing. I have an extra Model 700 in 7mm Mag and found an unfired barrel in 300 H&H that I am going to put on it. I have a 700 Classic in 375 H&H and want a 300 H&H to go with it. I have dies, powder, primers and bullets and need to scrounge up some brass and if I can't find it I may need to neck down some 375 brass but I'd rather just have the right brass in the first place.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by OGB

This is exactly what I am doing. I have an extra Model 700 in 7mm Mag and found an unfired barrel in 300 H&H that I am going to put on it. I have a 700 Classic in 375 H&H and want a 300 H&H to go with it. I have dies, powder, primers and bullets and need to scrounge up some brass and if I can't find it I may need to neck down some 375 brass but I'd rather just have the right brass in the first place.

Will the mag length and ejection port on a standard 7RM handle the extra .310 in length. Just curious as I just tried a factory HSM 300H&H in my model 70 7mm Rem Mag and it's not even close to fitting the mag box and the loaded round is to long to eject. I had to fiddle with it to get it out of the action.

Truly curious as to how you are going to accomplish this. I'm not kicking on you, I'm truly curious.
7mm RM,300 WM,264Wm all use a standard 30-06 length action. 300H&H and 375H&H take a longer action.

As for the 300H&H my M70 was love at first trigger pull.

Last edited by Featherweight6555; 04/06/24.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
MAC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by OGB

Will the mag length and ejection port on a standard 7RM handle the extra .310 in length. Just curious as I just tried a factory HSM 300H&H in my model 70 7mm Rem Mag and it's not even close to fitting the mag box and the loaded round is to long to eject. I had to fiddle with it to get it out of the action.

Truly curious as to how you are going to accomplish this. I'm not kicking on you, I'm truly curious.
7mm RM,300 WM,264Wm all use a standard 30-06 length action. 300H&H and 375H&H take a longer action.

The Rem Model 700 LA will handle cartridges up to 375 H&H length. May have to tweak the feed rails but the action will be long enough.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
How many will you need to get started?

I have some,will look tomorrow and send a pm.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by OGB

The Rem Model 700 LA will handle cartridges up to 375 H&H length. May have to tweak the feed rails but the action will be long enough.

Thanks for the info. I was not aware of that. Good luck with it if you go through with it. The 300 is a great and efficient round.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
How many Brass are you looking for as I have some I could part with ? I have mostly New or some once fired Nosler Premium Brass I think.
Rich

You know you might be facing your doom if all you get is a click when you are expecting a BOOM !
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by OGB

If have a 7mm Remington type, stainless M70 Classic, that has been converted and re-barreled to 375 H&H. Remove the magazine box spacer or replace with the H&H length, shorter the ejector or replace with H&H length. The bolt stop does not appear to have been altered, or replaced. The ejection port is unaltered, and it ejects loaded rounds without issue.

MAC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by plainsman456
How many will you need to get started?

I have some,will look tomorrow and send a pm.

I would like to get about 40 but any number helps since it is hard to find.

O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by ldmay375
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by OGB

If have a 7mm Remington type, stainless M70 Classic, that has been converted and re-barreled to 375 H&H. Remove the magazine box spacer or replace with the H&H length, shorter the ejector or replace with H&H length. The bolt stop does not appear to have been altered, or replaced. The ejection port is unaltered, and it ejects loaded rounds without issue.
This is what I was thinking. I am concerned that a 7RM may not clean out to the H&H due to that cases' taper. (?)

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I don't think JES rebores to 30 cal.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've had a couple of Pre64 M70's in 300 H&H. It's a great round and if there was ever an all purpose 30 cal my vote goes to the H&H. My current rifle is built on a Ruger #1 action. It's much lighter than the Winchester's so they went down the road to "collectors". I used it with 180 grain Hornady's to take a fine free range Aoudad. Stoke it up with some 165's and it's a deer hunters dream, every deer has been DRT.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a Ruger #1-S in .300 H&H that went with me on my first (and so far only) Africa hunt. It likes 165 to 200 gr bullets very well but I tend to stick to 180 NPs or Hornady interlocks. Wonderful rifle.

"All I want is to enter my house justified."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
MAC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Unvailable. Been listed that way for months. None of the online retailers any which is why I am asking members.

On a side note one of the members has some so I should be good to go.

MAC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
To all who have stepped up I say thank you. I have had enough come forward that I will be good to go.

Many thanks to all

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pm sent

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I took a pre-64 mod 70 to Africa.
Killed almost everything with 150 Psrtition gold, best 30 call hunting bullet ever.
I have a box of 100 new brass but it's at my AZ i won't see it until December

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
How many other 150-grain bullets have you used in the .300 H&H?

Am not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I have also used the 150 Partition Gold in the .300 H&H, and couldn't tell any difference between it and the standard 150 Partition.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 7 invisible), 1,407 guests, and 813 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,509
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.