Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Curious what others are using for handgun EDC around the farm? Currently keep a 1911 in the truck. Starting to spend more time on a side by side. Tend to wear bibs for much of my farm work. Either a 4" pistol (G19,G43,P22) or a 4" revolver (Smith 66 or 63). Interested in on-person carry with good retention, some level of protection, but still easily accessible. Please and Thank you.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
When working on my farm or hunting I use a Kenai gunfighters chest holster. Its very secure, easily accessible while riding the tractor and holds tight to my chest.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sounds like you would be well served with some type of chest holster such as a Double D Outdoors Denali. I use one when I'm wearing a heavy coat that would cover my strong side hip holster and it would work when you are wearing overalls.

I did not see the above post before I posted, but the Kenai is a top notch chest holster also, just a little more expensive.

Last edited by asheepdog; 04/18/24.

NRA Endowment Member
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I'm a fan of a regular ol paddle holster, I have fobus and if you want something a little more classy go with a leather galco, love the one I have for my smith j frame. Carried a mid size glock in one for years also.

Last edited by killerv; 04/18/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Old school leather here.

I have one wherever I go, and whatever machinery I'm operating.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
another nod to using a chest holster. It checks all the boxes.

Sam......

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
Might look at the hill people gear chest bag/pack. I’ve had one for years for wood cutting and hunting.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I wear a leather chest rig also, company was in Colorado Springs, got three of them, as well made as DD and half the price, you can work, ride horse, do anything with it on, I carry knife on belt and holster always in way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bamagun01
When working on my farm or hunting I use a Kenai gunfighters chest holster. Its very secure, easily accessible while riding the tractor and holds tight to my chest.

Is your farm in Tulane-Gravier, New Orleans?

GR

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like a paddle type holster. Makes it easier to take off when I'm back in my truck and heading back to town.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Harry
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
The old Gi M7 holster will fit most of your handguns mentioned.
https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Leather-Tanker-Shoulder-Holster/dp/B00S32BIGW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=21BBXOH56WRW7&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.Ez3wKcmFlPXP1f8wiqRXaw9TTXUjf5UlBvoXg0P62wUvsTIyGtJwZNrWuUPspUcvOs-38eIuuWg8EI-dhPSF5jQaK9U48qV-fiMoibxDYAPlT0ak2l3sU-hH43-H6A6MSRG30LRb7fPsFobIHehm8R3AvI7vz1BwbMpIq9sApNCnBDSvl-ufRduXSu8TZioXXZZcVEg1bTzIbEJKYNJwzQ.wyJzPeh_t4K1HtUUwUJGayxabD71YQqa1qN0Y59cXkg&dib_tag=se&keywords=gi+m7+chest+holster&qid=1713454447&sprefix=gi+m7+chest+holster%2Caps%2C202&sr=8-1

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I use the Galco DOA holster that can be used either crossdraw or strong side which also has a retention strap for when bouncing around in a vehicle. I like the crossdraw position because it is easier to access the handgun while sitting, especially if you wear it a little towards the front of the body. With the butt of the gun canted forward in the crossdraw position using you opposite hand to pull the gun is much easier than contorting yourself trying to bend your strong hand are to access the strong side while sitting. Of course this requires the use of a belt which may be a problem with bibbed overalls but I would suspect any holster is going to be an issue with those.

Last edited by VaHunter; 04/18/24.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
For everyday ranch carry I use a flap holster . They keep your gun from getting dirty or banged up but easy to get to. Last one I got on ebay for less than $100.00 from IDAHO LEATHER.

NOVIT EMIM DOMINUS QUI SUNT EUIS {Arnauld Amalric} "Kill them all,God will know His." Never trust Horses ,Women and very few Mules.A good rifle will let in lots of AIR AND LIGHT.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My bunch often uses various polymer/kydex paddle holsters with Glocks and XD pistols. They get wet, muddy, filled with leaves and briars, etc, so I mostly just pop the pistol out at the end of the day and blow off all the debris. Main outdoors/chore pistol for the last few years is this XDM 10mm. I stick a .40S&W CCI shotshell in my pocket on warm days. It won't cycle the action, but it works well on snakes. Hollowpoints work well too, but I waste too many.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd be looking kydex as well - mostly because it shouldn't hold odors and such like a cloth/leather holster would once you bring it indoors. Plus you can just hose them out if it falls in the slurry/mud/mess.

Me

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JPro
My bunch often uses various polymer/kydex paddle holsters with Glocks and XD pistols. They get wet, muddy, filled with leaves and briars, etc, so I mostly just pop the pistol out at the end of the day and blow off all the debris. Main outdoors/chore pistol for the last few years is this XDM 10mm. I stick a .40S&W CCI shotshell in my pocket on warm days. It won't cycle the action, but it works well on snakes. Hollowpoints work well too, but I waste too many.

I have that same xdm 10mm and it's one of my favorites to carry when camping or outdoors doing stuff. It's been 100% reliable with every load including hot landlords. I usually carry 200g xtps over 8.2g of Longshot for 1150 fps.

Just ordered 2000 more starline brass for it last night from ravensrock.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 04/18/24.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Old school leather here.

I have one wherever I go, and whatever machinery I'm operating.

That's the way.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I have that same xdm 10mm and it's one of my favorites to carry when camping or outdoors doing stuff. It's been 100% reliable with every load including hot landlords. I usually carry 200g xtps over 8.2g of Longshot for 1150 fps.

Just ordered 2000 more starline brass for it last night from ravensrock.

Bb

Sounds like a good all-rounder load. I generally keep 1200fps-rated 180JHP in mine but swap to 220 HC Underwood during deer/hog hunting. Still pretty shootable, even in a lighter pistol like the XDM.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doubt many of these options that fit on a belt would work for the OP since he stated he's often wearing bib overalls...

BTW, I'd love for a pair of bibs made out of some of the quick drying, stretchy fabric that is available now.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
#1 - Cross-chest carry

#2 - shoulder holster

memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pay attention knuckleheads - BIB Overalls - no belt. The best suggestions by far are the ones for a chest holster. NOT a shoulder holster, those suck. The Diamond D Guides, the Kenai Gunfighter, the El Paso Saddlery Tanker, and that type are what you're looking for. Those types of holsters go over your bibs and can go under rain gear, under light jackets, and over winter coats. You can wear a tool pouch and not interfere with the gun. Same for a backpack. Easier to access when riding in a tractor, ATV, or other vehicle. The versatility is amazing, they are comfortable and easy on - and off. The gun is tucked close and doesn't bang on doorways, catch on seatbelts, snag on fence wire, and all that annoying stuff a gun on the waist belt can do. If you take a tumble the gun is probably better lying snug against your chest than sliding and banging away off your hip. Chest holster for the easy win.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Depends on the day

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Shoulder holster is going to be about it for wearing overhauls.

Chest holster is a no go for doing any actual work. Using a shovel, carrying anything heavy, working on fence, anything that requires you to do much in front of you that chest rig is going to be in the way. I own a bunch of them and they’re great for hunting and fishing but suck for trying to do much else in.

I prefer a good tight fitting strong side that fits close to my body. For 1911 I’ve gotten a lot of good service out of a Galco Avenger. Revolvers a well molded pancake is tough to beat, I prefer Kramer but have several other brands as well.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by JPro

There are good snakes and bad snakes. Looks like you converted a bad moccasin into a “good” moccasin. 🐍

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only kind of “good” moccasin, true. I’ll go out of my way to kill those guys.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I use this:
https://www.fireforceusa.com/holsters/8834.html

I like a holster with a flap to protect from elements/debris, and it also carries an extra mag.

Oops, didn't see the bibs requirement; agreed a chest holster would work.

Last edited by Eric308; 04/18/24.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Galco “Miami” shoulder holster. It works great and doesn’t restrict movement.

Last edited by KirkJ; 04/18/24.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
For bibs, I’d stick an lcr in my strong hand pocket can go about life as normal.

MAGA
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
My son has a Gunfighter Kenai holster for his Ruger Alaskan 44mag and he says it is painful to wear in the summer with only a shirt on. The lump for the cylinder on the backside of the kydex holster used in the Kenai, and all revolver type holsters, hurt your chest during wear. This is especially true if the holster is worn high on the chest to keep it out of the way in bending over to work. At this location the revolver cylinder lump is pressing on the sternum and/or ribs and is very uncomfortable.

I would think chest type holsters would work well with pistols due to the flatter backside profile.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Like I said earlier, I build fence, use a Mexican spoon, every thing, except work cattle, with a leather chest rig, doesn’t flop around, don’t know about these other guys, winter time you can wear under coat and zip it up, no one knows it’s there, all the guides around here carry there revolver this way.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have a kydex IWD holster from We The People for my Hellcat Pro. It's an EDC that I use for in town or around the home, woods, tractor, QTV or zero turn mower. I've had a few issues around here so I'm always armed.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I can’t imagine bib overhauls and a shoulder rig

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
If your bibs are like mine, you can pocket carry all of the guns you listed.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by tcb22
Might look at the hill people gear chest bag/pack. I’ve had one for years for wood cutting and hunting.

This. Knife, G17 w/3 mags, cell phone, and other EDC items.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Appreciate all of the input. GFI Kenai Chest holster inbound for Glock.

I have the Galco version of this rig for vertical concealed carry. Works well for both 1911 and G34. Two neodymium super magnets on the spine for retention.

I have a plain version of this with thumb break. Would be a toss up for me vs the shoulder rig when I am wearing britches and belt.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Old school leather here.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The shoulder rig frowned on for a few reasons in technicality or bystander safety. But for every day around the farm it might be hard to beat.

I used to travel from Ky. to the Rockies for a 2 week stay there. From the time we left till getting home I wore a shoulder holster. From a 2.5" 357 to a 6.5" 44 mag, they were rarely uncomfortable or in the way. From swinging a maul or using a chain saw, the SH was good to go. Broke some laws in those days probably but never felt visible. Just comfortable enough to go from the camp to town without really thinking about it.

Can be expensive to own several, but damn handy in my opinion. Crazy good deals on EBAY for good used ones.

In the fat assed old fart dgaf days of my life I might be seen on my property clothed in a wide variety of non compliance, even in nakedness a shoulder holster can serve.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MOGC
Pay attention knuckleheads - BIB Overalls - no belt. The best suggestions by far are the ones for a chest holster. NOT a shoulder holster, those suck. The Diamond D Guides, the Kenai Gunfighter, the El Paso Saddlery Tanker, and that type are what you're looking for. Those types of holsters go over your bibs and can go under rain gear, under light jackets, and over winter coats. You can wear a tool pouch and not interfere with the gun. Same for a backpack. Easier to access when riding in a tractor, ATV, or other vehicle. The versatility is amazing, they are comfortable and easy on - and off. The gun is tucked close and doesn't bang on doorways, catch on seatbelts, snag on fence wire, and all that annoying stuff a gun on the waist belt can do. If you take a tumble the gun is probably better lying snug against your chest than sliding and banging away off your hip. Chest holster for the easy win.

How's that fit over your plate carrier?

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Shot a sheep in the face this morning.

She didn't have it coming really....it was a mercy killing.

I hauled out a 365xl from my front trousers pocket and slew her.

It needn't be complicated.

Granted...I did clear the perimeter with my shotty, breached the door with a mule kick, transitioned flawlessly to my M4, did a tactical roll towards the sheep, and engaged her in hand to hand combat and covered my exfil with a 79 pound charge of tannerite.

I am MAGA.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Cz527 rides in tha sxs most days wifey pulled it on a whistle pig yesterday 😎

O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by gunzo
The shoulder rig frowned on for a few reasons in technicality or bystander safety. But for every day around the farm it might be hard to beat. ...
I think the vertical shoulder rig mitigates most of the concern in re: bystander safety.

... In the fat assed old fart dgaf days of my life ...
I resemble that remark... wink

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
But Jim, a boomer in elastic waist gym shorts and a 365xl in a front trousers pocket will show the right nut or more.

Think outside the box for once. Not everybody living in the middle of a few thousand acres with sheep in cold temps. Some of us walk around in Thomas Magnum shorts at times. No room for Sigs in front pockets, much less our junk.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Chest holster for sure. Several options for Kydex. Simply Rugged Chesty Puller Rig is nice for leather. With the Simply Rugged, you can easily swap the holsters on the rig. I carry a GP100 and my XDM 10mm in Simply Rugged rigs, my 629 in a Kydex rig.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
But Jim, a boomer in elastic waist gym shorts and a 365xl in a front trousers pocket will show the right nut or more.

Think outside the box for once. Not everybody living in the middle of a few thousand acres with sheep in cold temps. Some of us walk around in Thomas Magnum shorts at times. No room for Sigs in front pockets, much less our junk.

That is a dilemma.

I will admit to never leaving the house without trousers, a belt and suspenders.

I have seen pictures of Kentuckians wearing liberty overhauls and presumably nothing else.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I will cop to going out the yard, the Gulag, and even out to the garage/shop for something in my house shorts or sweat pants if cold. Even feed the dickie birds that way in the morning.

But, if leaving my driveway to go out in public..............I guess I was taught well............a man always has a belt on his pants. and a pocket knife in his pocket.

Wish I had brought a rifle out while feeding the birds the other day. Over the fence in the BLM sagebrush I caught some movement. Hmmmm, thinks I, one of the neighborhood feral cats? Nope, too large as I saw ears above the bushes. Then it passed through and opening and there were two of them. Friggen bold coyotes, and in this case at about 75 yards from the house they were too close for comfort. I stopped them with some squeaky noises, and I was right near a juniper post on the fenceline and think I'd have had a decent chance of getting one had I had a rifle. I may have to think about carrying one on my rounds in the morning.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I like her style. My 527 .223 Carbine with a Jap Weaver 6X is in the Boyt case with me most days just waiting for one of those burrowing ba$tards to make an appearance.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm old school. I carry in a M7 Tanker holster around the farm.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Recently, I started switching out to a GP100 in a Sam Brown rig

[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
DeSantis Super Fly pocket x G19

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
DeSantis Pocket Shot x LCP II

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
And the AlienGear IWB and a second G19 when a third pistol is warranted...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by bamagun01

Is your farm in Tulane-Gravier, New Orleans?

GR

No. N.Alabama

I also have a leather shoulder holster for a revolver. It’s comfortable and easily accessible but is not as secure as the Kenai. I’ve had the Hill People pouch also. Works good and has extra pockets. It’s not made for wearing in the south. It’s very hot. Probably good for the mountains hence the name “Hill people “.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have two of the Kenai chest rigs. Easy on and off and very secure, but I haven’t tried working while wearing one. You can order one harness and then snap in the proper holster for the gun you want to tote that day. Also easily adjusted for various amounts of clothing, and closer to hand than a shoulder rig. The shells offer good protection to the gun.

https://gunfightersinc.com/shop/ready-to-ship-kenai-chest-holsters/

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I have two of the Kenai chest rigs. Easy on and off and very secure, but I haven’t tried working while wearing one. You can order one harness and then snap in the proper holster for the gun you want to tote that day. Also easily adjusted for various amounts of clothing, and closer to hand than a shoulder rig. The shells offer good protection to the gun.

https://gunfightersinc.com/shop/ready-to-ship-kenai-chest-holsters/

+1. This!

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I pocket carry a Glock 43x, everywhere I go.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like The Chest Rig from Crossbreed Holsters. The quality is good & throwing it on is really easy. Once I got it adjusted, the fit is comfortable & it holds the pistol snug with a good draw. Basically everything I was looking for so I've been pleased with the purchase. I wear mine kind of high on my chest but obviously it can be lowered by extending the upper strap.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Eric308
I like her style. My 527 .223 Carbine with a Jap Weaver 6X is in the Boyt case with me most days just waiting for one of those burrowing ba$tards to make an appearance.

Is it your boyfriend's rifle?

He doesn't have an AR does he?

I am MAGA.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Eric308

Is it your boyfriend's rifle?

He doesn't have an AR does he?
Why are you preoccupied with my sexuality? Uncertain of your own, methinks.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Is he a feckless person....like yourself Eric?

Maybe he isn't a bigot?

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I've carried a G26 in my coveralls, overalls, shorts and pants pocket for 20+ years and haven't lost or had a accident yet. Tried chest - shoulder holsters but they always seem to be in the way when I was welding, pulling wrenches and doing hands on work. For checking cows, walking around, riding a bike and driving equipment a chest holster is the best.

Life is good live it while you can.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I had no idea farming and ranching was such a hazardous endeavor. I am on a first name basis with 20 or 30 ranchers in my valley, and on any given day, maybe half of them will have a scoped .22 rifle in the pickup. The Carhartt coat pocket is the preferred semi concealed carry for the Channellock 10 inch fencing tool. For the younger modern ranchers, a Knipex adjustable jaw plier is in the opposite pocket for balance and SHTF situations.
One cannot help but notice that the arms and holsters pictured above, show no daily wear and tear at all....they look like museum pieces.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I had no idea farming and ranching was such a hazardous endeavor. I am on a first name basis with 20 or 30 ranchers in my valley, and on any given day, maybe half of them will have a scoped .22 rifle in the pickup. The Carhartt coat pocket is the preferred semi concealed carry for the Channellock 10 inch fencing tool. For the younger modern ranchers, a Knipex adjustable jaw plier is in the opposite pocket for balance and SHTF situations.
One cannot help but notice that the arms and holsters pictured above, show no daily wear and tear at all....they look like museum pieces.

We are acorn farmers. Rather than all that crawling around on our hands and knees, we let the deer and turkey hoover everything up, and then I just call up my family and friends and they help harvest the deer and turkey.

My chest carry harness and my new Sam Brown belt are only worn for those rare times that I'm out enjoying the farm without something bigger in my hands. It makes no sense to carry the extra weight when I'm toting a 30-06 deer rifle or a 12 Ga turkey gun. For a lot of jaunts, I have a Marlin 1894 in 357 Mag that comes along.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I agree with Kid and Flint, If you are actually working, you ain't worrying about a damn gun.. I'm thinking a lot think riding around in a SxS is working..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Granted...I did clear the perimeter with my shotty, breached the door with a mule kick, transitioned flawlessly to my M4, did a tactical roll towards the sheep, and engaged her in hand to hand combat and covered my exfil with a 79 pound charge of tannerite.

Montana... where the men are men and the sheep are nervous. smile

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Damn right!

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LBP
Big gal to LBP

"Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me"

LBP

"Both, of course"

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just wait until Gavin and friends restock the grizz in your section of the world.

In it is contentment

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Grizz would be the icing on the cake for sure.
As it is now, wolf kills of livestock are generously and very quietly reimbursed. As my crusty old friend said, If they keep payin', I'd as soon let the wolves have the whole calf crop rather than ship them down to Coalinga to Harris Ranch.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Grizz would be the icing on the cake for sure.
As it is now, wolf kills of livestock are generously and very quietly reimbursed. As my crusty old friend said, If they keep payin', I'd as soon let the wolves have the whole calf crop rather than ship them down to Coalinga to Harris Ranch.
At least they're getting compensated. Recently up here the authorities wouldn't confirm a kill as the carcass was never found, even though they have camera pics of the wolves standing over one.

Taxpayers dollars apparently better than consumer dollars.

I may not see it in my lifetime, but I do sort of expect there to be a push one day to bring the grizzlies back to this State. Would change the way I walk around the property here if they did.

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I can't belt carry, it is generally a Ruger LCP Max .380 in a DeSantis pocket holster and a spare magazine in a plastic sleeve, even around my property. I was shooting it last week at 50ft and there was very little issue with keeping rapid fire on the fullsize torso gong.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Well, if you're wearing bibbed overalls, isn't there a 'built-in' chest rig right there?

Maybe just go with a pistol that will fit in there. I'm thinking Canik MC9, Sig P365, Glock 26, should do it, and many others.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Well, if you're wearing bibbed overalls, isn't there a 'built-in' chest rig right there?

Maybe just go with a pistol that will fit in there. I'm thinking Canik MC9, Sig P365, Glock 26, should do it, and many others.

Just make sure it is a modern pistol that is drop-safe. I know a guy who used to carry an old Colt .32 auto in the top bib pocket. Seemed like a good choice, small, light, very thin in profile. One day he bent over in his garage for something or other and the old Colt fell out of his bib pocket. When it hit the concrete it fired and shot a little .32 round that went right into the arteries over the top of this fellow's heart. He called 911 but bled out before the EMTs could get to him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I prefer OWB in Kydex here on the ranch or pretty much anywhere.

I would never carry a semi auto in a belt holster that does not cover the trigger. That's just an accident waiting to happen.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 04/19/24.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

Sheep lives matter. They all don’t have to put out to exist!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For the past week I've been carrying this AIWB via a custom Warlock Big Daddy holster. It's a bit of a hindrance when performing certain tasks but not overly cumbersome.

Tried carrying it suppressed but got a few too many come hither looks from the ladies in the hardware store...

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
LOL

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SamOlson
For the past week I've been carrying this AIWB via a custom Warlock Big Daddy holster. It's a bit of a hindrance when performing certain tasks but not overly cumbersome.

Tried carrying it suppressed but got a few too many come hither looks from the ladies in the hardware store...

laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Pimpin

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

AR pistols are overrated . Their LOP is too fugking short for Vikings.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

Very nice Sammo!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Need to get some mud on that new 4.wheeler, Sam.
And some scratches from the cow dogs. 😜

An AR-15 resides on the front rack of my Ranch 4-wheeler. It does double duty for coyotes, hogs, and wetback patrol. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That gear is too nice Sam.

Y'all ranchers be rich or sumthin'.

I shoulda took up cattle ranchin' an wheat farmin' or something.

Dang fish didn't make me much money I guess.

In it is contentment

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by LBP
Big gal to LBP

"Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me"

LBP

"Both, of course"
Preach it brother!!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, I don't have too many issues with the slightly "oversize" ones.

In it is contentment

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

201 members (358wsm, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 280shooter, 26 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,897
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.