Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Who the heck would put a wood stove in a bedroom? Good grief it would be like sleeping in a sauna!

The way life should be.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
When building our home, I had a vault door delivery where the common carrier would not enter my driveway. I worked with them by driving my pickup out to the street, backing it up to their truck, and sliding the door into my truck bed. I bit of a hassle, but better than the alternative. Might that work in your case?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by funshooter
Originally Posted by BMT
It also may be fire code issues

Commercial stoves are designed to have commercial fans/ventilation.

And require commercial extinguishers

BMR

Ya
I know about the Regs.
I am what they call a Special Inspector and have been for 35 years now.

When I put my Wood Stove in my Bedroom I built up in Arizona I put 1 inch of Durarock behind the the stove on 2 walls that will have some kind of tile or rock attached to it.

I have a good friend up there that put the same brand of Commercial Stove in his home.

He came over to help me with a project and I showed him my room.
He freaked out and told me that he had never seen anyone put 1 inch of Concrete board behind a Wood Stove.
Then he told me that he retired as a Forest Fire Safety Guy.

I plan on doing the same thing behind this Stove in the kitchen I am building along with a fan vented Stove Hood.

They probably realized how over qualified and special you are then decided you were not right for their extra special delivery service.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And yes, I’d consider it “over reach and control” for anyone to try and tell a private company how to run their shipping department and policy.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bluefish
Who the heck would put a wood stove in a bedroom? Good grief it would be like sleeping in a sauna!

Have you ever been in an old person's house?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Where would all of the moisture come from?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Many people are so used to government over reach that they'll play the game just to get what they want. The communist plan is working.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Hunting camp is 16x20 - woodstove in the middle. Can be so warm in there you have the door open in a blizzard or it can be a comfortable 68 degrees - all depends on how you run a fire.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just had a Live Chat with the Company.

Got now where
So I went back and gave them a Business name of
Juniper Junction Ranch
That is what I called my property in Arizona.

Now I will see if they accept the name.

They will find no company with that name
But they wanted a Name.

When they come back with what is you Business License#

I will tell them that I do not have one yet because I am just getting set up and and I can not get set up for business with out the Stove.

That should piss them off but good.

I will keep spewing BS until they cancel my order or I get the Damb stove.

Who's paying the freight? You or the mfg?

You mentioned being remote - I'm wondering if they really don't want to deliver to the boonies with a liftgate truck given the cost of getting it there if they're paying the freight.

Don't be surprised if they determine your location is "undeliverable" and require you to pick up at the cross dock.

Me

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You need to leave that state

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Morewood
Go pick it up yourself.

It seems this would be the simplest answer.

Black Cows Matter!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by Morewood
Go pick it up yourself.

It seems this would be the simplest answer.

Unless the place he ordered if from is not nearby???

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Friends are redoing their kitchen and I suggested a commercial stove. The place wouldn’t sell to a residence due to fire code.

I told him he just has to declare the income from the cookies and lemonade she makes the kids sell out at the road. (they make bank, btw, like $350 in one day. People give them $20’s and tell them to keep the change.)
Expert advice! That should keep that blazing hot, uninsulated furnace from burning the house down.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
laugh I was wondering the same thing...

Mine's on a 5.5'X6' pad of mortared-in rock base.. Behind it is literally a brick wall that's 9'W X 9'H.. Heats the whole house (2200 ft. sq.) quite easily.. A wood stove in a bedroom should keep anyone toasty - unless the resident is a freeze-baby like my wife.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Strop10
If the no infringement thing was recognized you wouldn't have any problem ordering a select fire rifle and having it delivered to your door.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
You need to leave that state

I am getting ready to
That is why I want the Stove.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Redneck
laugh I was wondering the same thing...

Mine's on a 5.5'X6' pad of mortared-in rock base.. Behind it is literally a brick wall that's 9'W X 9'H.. Heats the whole house (2200 ft. sq.) quite easily.. A wood stove in a bedroom should keep anyone toasty - unless the resident is a freeze-baby like my wife.. laugh laugh

My Bedroom is 15ft X 20ft
In the winter time it gets well below freezing and it is real nice to build a small fire to get warm before I go to bed.

Andit is real nice when I go working out in the snow to come into a warm room to relax.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Teal
I just had a Live Chat with the Company.

Got now where
So I went back and gave them a Business name of
Juniper Junction Ranch
That is what I called my property in Arizona.

Now I will see if they accept the name.

They will find no company with that name
But they wanted a Name.

When they come back with what is you Business License#

I will tell them that I do not have one yet because I am just getting set up and and I can not get set up for business with out the Stove.

That should piss them off but good.

I will keep spewing BS until they cancel my order or I get the Damb stove.

Who's paying the freight? You or the mfg?

You mentioned being remote - I'm wondering if they really don't want to deliver to the boonies with a liftgate truck given the cost of getting it there if they're paying the freight.

Don't be surprised if they determine your location is "undeliverable" and require you to pick up at the cross dock.

I am paying the Freight
And they bought my BS about the Ranch
The Stove shipped out today.

I should have it next week sometime.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by BMT

BMR

Ya
I know about the Regs.

When I put my Wood Stove in my Bedroom I built up in Arizona I put 1 inch of Durarock behind the the stove on 2 walls that will have some kind of tile or rock attached to it.

I have a good friend up there that put the same brand of Commercial Stove in his home.

He freaked out and told me that he had never seen anyone put 1 inch of Concrete board behind a Wood Stove.

I plan on doing the same thing behind this Stove in the kitchen I am building along with a fan vented Stove Hood.

Think you and I came out of the same mold !

When I built my house only had help when I rough framed it in I did all the other work myself ! Wood stove put 1" Durarock behind the stove then put stone also on the floor put cement board then slate....building inspector came and would not pass the work HE wanted a commercially made fireplace NOT one I built....there is nothing in the Township or State building Code at that time outer than you must do set backs according to the manufacture .....when the Township was given Court papers that they were being Sued Head of the Building Department showed up the next day and gave me outside my home a Final Inspection never looked at the work passed and a refund check for the permit....

I have a Miele 8 burner commercial stove, refrigerator, under the counter refrigerator and dishwasher I bought from a wholesale store used a friends restaurants name didn't have a problem but they would only deliver to my attached garage not into the house....got tired of buying the junk sold every where else....

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
Originally Posted by BMT

BMR

Ya
I know about the Regs.

Think you and I came out of the same mold !

When I built my house only had help when I rough framed it in I did all the other work myself ! Wood stove put 1" Durarock behind the stove then put stone also on the floor put cement board then slate....building inspector came and would not pass the work HE wanted a commercially made fireplace NOT one I built....there is nothing in the Township or State building Code at that time outer than you must do set backs according to the manufacture .....when the Township was given Court papers that they were being Sued Head of the Building Department showed up the next day and gave me outside my home a Final Inspection never looked at the work passed and a refund check for the permit....

I have a Miele 8 burner commercial stove, refrigerator, under the counter refrigerator and dishwasher I bought from a wholesale store used a friends restaurants name didn't have a problem but they would only deliver to my attached garage not into the house....got tired of buying the junk sold every where else....

I built my 299sq. ft bedroom in my front yard here in Commyfornia.
Code Enforcement was taking pictures thinking I was adding on to my home with no permit.
The bedroom would be standing tall some days and them laying out of site from the street other days.
Code enforcement was caught by my neighbor scratching their heads wondering where the addition went.

I made it Sectional like a kit.
Picket it up with an auto crane that I installed on my goose neck trailer and hauled the bedroom in 2 loads up to my place in Arizona.
It took me a total of 2 days to have it up and roofed in Arizona.

My wood Stove I built is to big for that small room and there was a learning curve on how big of a fire I needed.
It has a 1/2" thick plate for the top because that is what I had on hand. It Pops Great popcorn on it.
I also have a Funnel for the bottom with a 4" pipe running outside the room to clean the ashes.

I picket up the Stove and put it inside the room with the crane before I put the roof on.

I did all of this with no help from anyone.
The only help I may have got was my girl holding the end of a tape

The bedroom is now about 80% complete with knotty pine walls A/C Power , pressurized water (soon to have well water) , Large shower , Tank less Water Heater, Composting Toilet , Microwave , Coffee maker , Small Refrigerator/Freezer , Solar Power and a ceiling fan.

All the work was done by myself
No Code Enforcement and no BS Building Dept.
At the time I built it Arizona did not require Permits for any building up to 300 sq ft.
My Bedroom is 299 sq. ft, on the out side.

I have a 120 sq. ft room that I will add on another 180 sq. ft for my Kitchen keeping it at the 300 sq. ft or less range so that I can tell Code Enforcement to get off of my property.

I will have a Tile floor and have 1" Concrete Hardy Board and tile behind and around my Stove when I get everything all finished. That will be move than any Commercial cooking facility has for their fire protection.

As a Building Inspector my self I have had to deal with these Azz Clowns for over 35 years and I want nothing to do with them when I leave Commyfornia for good.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,358 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,057
Posts18,482,363
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.