Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yeah those Howa Minis in American flag finish chassis stocks are just flying off the shelves. Marketing geniuses.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Yeah those Howa Minis in American flag finish chassis stocks are just flying off the shelves. Marketing geniuses.

Flag finish aside, I don’t quite follow the logic behind turning a 5-6 pound rifle into a 7.5 pounder just to get a collapsing buttstock, but then I have to walk in to the places I hunt. I suppose they are stable.

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yeah it's like they saw the success of the AR platform and tried to figure out how to apply it to products they already had in production. The adjustability of the AR style stock does make it handy for growing youth, but the point was missed that ARs are often pretty light. Like you mentioned, by the time that 7.5 lb Mini is scoped you're looking at a 9 lb+ setup, which isn't particularly kid friendly.
It's almost like the people making these decisions at Legacy Sports/Howa don't quite understand American culture. "All your base are belong to us."

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I spoke to someone at legacy and they said this was a one time run from one of their sister companies. I'm guessing that sister company is an international distributor. They said the only stainless they received were some barreled actions in 6.5 grendel and 7.62x39 and they all had 1/2x20 threads. He said once these are gone they're gone.

I asked if they had any future plans to do anything else mini in stainless and he said no because there is no demand.

So Brownells got a bunch of them; sold out quickly; and there is no demand?

Makes sense.

🤔

Lmao, according to ‘their data’ that’s what it tells them. They get their data from Biden apparently.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
All,

I just shared a couple emails with Jadon Williams over at Deer Creek Arms (in Wyoming). He told me he could thread his StealthBlast Sound Mitigation Device (SMD) ( https://deercreekarms.com/shopping/ols/products/stealthblast-smd ) to 1/2x20 for anyone who wants a direct thread muzzle brake/directional comp option. I'll be ordering one for my stainless mini when it comes in later this week. He asks if you are interested, please reach out to him at 307-227-8298 or via his website, so they can track interest/inquiries. Mention this is for the Howa 6.5Grendel Stainless Mini-Action. He has to order the tap, but says that's not a problem and he could likely have them ready in a few weeks.

Hope this helps anyone else out who's looking for a direct thread option.

Mike

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
Not to derail the bashing of Legacy, but I contacted John1187 about making stainless thread adapters from 1/2-20 to 5/8-24, said it would be easy if folks would be interested in him doing a run. I've asked for 2, hit him up if you would be interested...

John has a handful of the adapters in stainless ready to ship...I just got a couple. And I see the barreled actions are back on Brownells and labeled correctly now...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Not to derail the bashing of Legacy, but I contacted John1187 about making stainless thread adapters from 1/2-20 to 5/8-24, said it would be easy if folks would be interested in him doing a run. I've asked for 2, hit him up if you would be interested...

John has a handful of the adapters in stainless ready to ship...I just got a couple. And I see the barreled actions are back on Brownells and labeled correctly now...

Don’t see either in stock, but they are back on the website - show the dbm correctly also.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If there's anyone on the fence about contacting John1187... One of his adapters arrived today and it fits PERFECTLY.

Thank You Sir!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Agreed, I’m glad I bought an extra adapter, just picked up a 6.5 creedmore stainless, Grendel needed a big brother.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I have a small batch of matte silver hinged floorplates for the Howa mini stainless rifles. This is the first trial run to check out how the finish would turn out. They are bead blasted and anodized clear. If you want one they are available on my website jeffersonoutdoor.com

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HokeyPokeyKid
I have a small batch of matte silver hinged floorplates for the Howa mini stainless rifles. This is the first trial run to check out how the finish would turn out. They are bead blasted and anodized clear. If you want one they are available on my website jeffersonoutdoor.com

That looks really good. Bet it will be a close match.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

Got more on the way? I'm looking!

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by dznnf7

Got more on the way? I'm looking!

I am working on more, I'm out of the magazine springs at the moment and I'm waiting for more from the manufacturer.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The 7.62 are back in stock; ~$470 with code RIFLE15.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (35, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6 invisible), 1,417 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,511
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.