Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
Perhaps some educated individual could tell me how printing money causes inflation.
Devalues it. Flood the market with anything and the value drops significantly. Money worth less and the price of all goods rise

Last edited by gunchamp; 04/22/24.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Think of it like a see saw on the playground. on one side you have all of the dollars in circulation. On the other side is everything of value, goods and services that have real value.
They are balancing each other out.
When money is printed and added to circulation then it naturally tries to balance. So everything of real value over time rises in dollar value to match the.dollars in circulation.
The dollars are devalued because it takes more of them to buy something with real value than it did before the new dollars were added.
What it means to us when they added 20% more dollars to the economy during the covid scam, is the 1000 dollars we had in our savings account. Only buys 800 dollars worth of stuff now. The SOBs stole 20% of our work and savings.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Perhaps some educated individual could tell me how printing money causes inflation.
Think of it like this. You've made a pot of nutritious soup for your family of five, loaded with calories and nutrients, lots of meat and vegetables.

Now five new people drop by and ask to join you for dinner, but you only have enough for your family to have one bowl each. Solution: You double the soup's volume by the addition of water from the sink's faucet so that you can serve ten bowls of soup instead of only five. But now each bowl is only half as nutritious and calorie dense as it would have been before.

Money printing is analogous to doubling the volume of the soup by the addition of water. Each bowl (although containing just as much soup) is now only worth half what it was before in nutrition value.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
More dollars from no where. = less value for every thing.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Where are all of these massive amounts of money where these United States citizens are supposed to be getting?

How much money was printed by the government in gold towns or silver towns when the prices skyrocketed??

If the government printed a warehouse full of money and it doesn't get to the people prices don't go up.

But some people are greedy then the price is go up. It's all greed.
Wow! You're not only a numbskull in science, but economics, too.

IC B2

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Zelensky Moment is Cum’n..

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We have it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Printing dollars is like pouring more water into a pot of soup. You’re not adding anymore nutrients just watering down the soup.
As the soup gets watered down it takes more soup to get the same nutrients (value) or it takes more dollars to get the same thing.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Printing dollars is like pouring more water into a pot of soup. You’re not adding anymore nutrients just watering down the soup.
As the soup gets watered down it takes more soup to get the same nutrients (value) or it takes more dollars to get the same thing.
I wish I had thought of that. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Think of it like this. You've made a pot of nutritious soup for your family of five, loaded with calories and nutrients, lots of meat and vegetables.

Now five new people drop by and ask to join you for dinner, but you only have enough for your family to have one bowl each. Solution: You double the soup's volume by the addition of water from the sink's faucet so that you can serve ten bowls of soup instead of only five. But now each bowl is only half as nutritious and calorie dense as it would have been before.

Money printing is analogous to doubling the volume of the soup by the addition of water. Each bowl (although containing just as much soup) is now only worth half what it was before.
I didn't read this before I posted. But this is the same as what I learned in Econ 101.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wish I had thought of that. grin
I no more posted that then I read your post. LOL.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I didn't read this before I posted. But this is the same as what I learned in Econ 101.
I figured that was the case. Just messing with you. grin

PS Ringman clearly never took Econ 101. Nor Bio 101. He likely slept through high school, too.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Who cares ? We were saved from Covick and Orange man. YGBSM
Now Putin won’t be able to rule the world either.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I figured that was the case. Just messing with you. grin

PS Ringman clearly never took Econ 101. Nor Bio 101. He likely slept through high school, too.
Very similar to you in any handgun shooting instruction environment.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
All good and fundamental elements, however to put it simply , inflation is simply printing more money, without any backing(gold standard) therefore reducing the value of the currency in circulation.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mohall57
All good and fundamental elements, however to put it simply , inflation is simply printing more money, without any backing(gold standard) therefore reducing the value of the currency in circulation.
Fiat Federal Reserve Notes actually do have a base value, and that's created by the fact that you must pay your taxes with them, or be arrested, which creates demand (which is why the 16th Amendment was ratified at the same time the Federal Reserve System was created). However, each time the number of notes in existence is increased, each individual note decreases in purchasing power proportionally.

The degree to which purchasing power per individual one-dollar note is decreased doesn't mean that that much purchasing power has disappeared, however. That lost degree of purchasing power per one-dollar FRN merely transfers from the dollars in existence previously into the new dollars created, but the same total worth of all dollars together remains the same.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Inflation is too much of money chasing too few goods. Flood the market with free money and presto Inflation. Of course this was covered in high school economics.
Common red herring. That is merely supply and demand cycles that the market accommodates and corrects. Inflation is the intentional debasement of the currency by , literally, counterfeiting new dollars out of nothing! Extra units dilute the value of everything traded I can’t trace how it works at street level myself. But prices know to rise somehow. Debt created has to sold. China, Saudi Arabia don’t buy. The FED
“Buys” It’s real simple but complicated on purpose to legitimize slight of hand. Our critters know it’s destructive to our future. You would think.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
More slices of the pie, each slice gets smaller.....

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Only backing of our currency is that of a full faith the federal gov’t will honor its debts. You obviously know there’ been no backing of the dollar since Nixon took us the last vestige of backing the so called silver standard.

A
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
A
The soup analogy is a a good one, but the image below clearly shows it isn't the soup that was watered down!

The soup (and the can with the red/white label) are essentially unchanged. Prices were relatively constant for 80 years but then wham, there was a drastic change that occurred in the early 70s. Hmmmm, what could that have been?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 219DW, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,273
Posts18,486,635
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.