Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Every day’s an adventure.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This from a paid shill Lawyer who works for RIA.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 04/25/24.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I don't have any of the models listed.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Sweet!
I just want a Stingray!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
FWIW, I sent in my Raider and from day of shipping to day of return was 9 days... They also included a free mag for the trouble.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
IC B2

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Sako
FWIW, I sent in my Raider and from day of shipping to day of return was 9 days... They also included a free mag for the trouble.
What was the reason for the recall? What did they repair?

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dla

The reason for the recall is given in the first paragraph of the notice.

Originally Posted by Exchipy
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

In very nearly every reported instance of hammer follow involving an RIA 1911, customer service department inspection quickly revealed it to be the result of aftermarket frame disassembly followed by incorrect reinstallation of the sear spring with its left tine under (in front of) the sear instead of over (behind) it.

I sure can’t see any factory assembler making that mistake, and then having it pass QA, also. So, I suspect the cause of the recalled Tisas hammer follow is likely something else.

It could be defective hammers, particularly as regards the sufficiency of the hammer hooks, perhaps aggravated by achieving the factory specified trigger pull weight by incorrectly adjusting the strength the middle tine of the sear spring without also equivalently adjusting the strength of the left tine, leaving it too weak.

Because the Tisas hammer follow is described as occurring upon dropping the slide to chamber the first round, it could be that all-steel GI type triggers were used. If they are too heavy for the trigger pull weight set up, trigger bounce can be induced by the frame jumping as the slide slams into battery, inertia then causing the heavy trigger to trip the sear (a problem common to “match” M1911-A1s issued to U.S. Army post pistol teams competing in local matches). That’s why aluminum triggers are preferred on 1911s with trigger pulls much under 4 pounds.

It’s also a good guess that the Tisas folks won’t be publicly disclosing the actual cause of the hammer follow, as there’s really no compelling reason for them to do that. So, because we’ll likely never learn the true cause, we’ll just have to be satisfied with various opinions, such as the foregoing. But always remember, opinions are like A-holes; everybody has one and most of them stink.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Potsy
Sweet!
I just want a Stingray!

I've got one of each, 9mm and .45. Other than replacing the grips on both (with Tisas full-checkered walnut), they are bone-stock, and both shoot well. The .45 might be my favorite of the whole crowd of 1911s I own. It loves the S&B 230 ball ammo, shoots it like target ammo.

Just knuckle down and get one (or two), they are the most comfortable carry guns I own.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Just knuckle down and get one (or two), they are the most comfortable carry guns I own.

Yessir!

For experienced users of 1911 pistols, the Tisas Recall Notice should be of very little concern. There’s a quick and easy test to detect hammer follow in a 1911 pistol. And, the fix is almost as easy, should hammer follow be detected, certainly easier than sending it back to Tisas.

For novice users, in accordance with their Recall Notice, Tisas can be expected to take good care of you:

Originally Posted by Sako

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by dla

BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA .

How very nice of you to dump your mental diarrhea, but I didn't ask you. I was asking the person who had real experience with the recall.

IC B3

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by dla
How very nice of you to dump your mental diarrhea, but I didn't ask you. I was asking the person who had real experience with the recall.

You’re right. Shoulda stopped with just this:

The reason for the recall is given in the first paragraph of the notice.

But, didn’t want to leave it with just the comment on your lack of reading comprehension skills.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by dla

You’re right. Shoulda never posted.

Fixed it for you.

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 204guy, 61 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,187
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.