Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
More Democrat lies, because that’s what they do. No morals whatsoever.

What's the lie? This is Noem's story she has just published in a book, as reported by Fox News. Or have you even checked the linked Fox story?

You’re fat, broke, and have a 40 IQ.

Prove me wrong.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If I'd shot every bird dog I'd wanted to at 14 months (most of them), I would have never enjoyed another decade with fabulous hunting companions.

Furthermore, if I'd bragged about it in writing, I'd be dumber than a sack of hammers.

https://fox59.com/news/national-wor...-dog-after-bad-hunting-trip-in-new-book/

Noem was right in putting the dog down.
Furthermore, your opinion just shows that you are dumber than her.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
More Democrat lies, because that’s what they do. No morals whatsoever.

What's the lie? This is Noem's story she has just published in a book, as reported by Fox News. Or have you even checked the linked Fox story?

You’re fat, broke, and have a 40 IQ.

Prove me wrong.

I don't know about that, but I believe they work at the University there. I could be wrong on that, but 100% a Missoulian representing well.

MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
I actually own a farm in North Dakota, in the family since 1919. I hope I'm not broke, because I just retired early. And I've never worked at a University anywhere for even a day. I was actually sent for IQ testing when I was in third grade because I was hassling the teacher... they concluded the teacher was the problem and sent me to advanced programs. I've shot somewhere around 45 head of deer, pronghorn, elk, and African game, and somewhere around 1,400 upland birds in three countries. I've trained 9 very productive pointing dogs and a Lab, and never shot one yet. If I'd loosed them within 50 yards of any chicken, it would have been "Winner winner, chicken dinner!" Duck hunting is for you fatties immune to cold. But I have to admit, I need to drop 10 lbs. before the mountain grouse season resumes in September because the hills are steep.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I actually own a farm in North Dakota, in the family since 1919. I hope I'm not broke, because I just retired early. And I've never worked at a University anywhere for even a day. I was actually sent for IQ testing when I was in third grade because I was hassling the teacher... they concluded the teacher was the problem and sent me to advanced programs. I've shot somewhere around 45 head of deer, pronghorn, elk, and African game, and somewhere around 1,400 upland birds in three countries. I've trained 9 very productive pointing dogs and a Lab, and never shot one yet. If I'd loosed them within 50 yards of any chicken, it would have been "Winner winner, chicken dinner!" Duck hunting is for you fatties immune to cold. But I have to admit, I need to drop 10 lbs. before the mountain grouse season resumes in September because the hills are steep.

Some of that is probably true.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I'd shot every bird dog I'd wanted to at 14 months (most of them), I would have never enjoyed another decade with fabulous hunting companions.

Furthermore, if I'd bragged about it in writing, I'd be dumber than a sack of hammers.

https://fox59.com/news/national-wor...-dog-after-bad-hunting-trip-in-new-book/
Your assumption that she is bragging may be flawed - she stated that disclosing it was intended to provide an example.
If you lived in farm country and owned a chicken killing dog - especially one killing someone else's chickens - what would you do with it? If you admitted shooting it, would that be bragging?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems to me that it reveals piss poor dog training and dog handling more than it does a flaw in the dog. My weimaraners are always hard-charging instinctive hunting dogs and will chase anything that moves. They'll also stop when I tell them to stop, even if it means letting the cat go that she flushed while we were running a couple days ago when I hollered "whoa".

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by patbrennan
A dog that bites should not get rehomed. The 3 S rule applies, or should.
Are you any relation to Walter?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Some dogs do need put down, depending on the circumstances.

But from the article, it sounds a bit different than what you may be portraying.

On the way home, the dog escaped her truck and attacked a local family’s chickens, “grabb[ing] one chicken at a time, crunching it to death with one bite, then dropping it to attack another,” Noem wrote.

When Noem tried to grab the dog, she wrote that it whipped around to bite her. Noem said she wrote the family a check for their chickens and helped them dispose of the carcasses “littering the scene of the crime.”

I'm a dog lover with 5 of them myself, but if I caught them killing livestock, and it turned on me, it might be time to consider options.

Had a dog when I was a kid my Dad had to "disappear" because it had acquired an incurable appetite for the neighbor's chickens.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Q
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Q
We rescued a German Shepherd when I was in high school. Incredibly beautiful dog. One morning, I came outside and there was a chewed up dead lamb carcass on my doorstep. It looked like it had been dead for a while, so I figured "she must have found the carcass." The next day, there was a fresh lamb carcass on my doorstep. I told my Mom we had to return the shepherd, since she clearly had a loose wire - she retrieved sheep! We returned her to the rescue center and they found her a nice home in the suburbs.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by selmer
Seems to me that it reveals piss poor dog training and dog handling more than it does a flaw in the dog. My weimaraners are always hard-charging instinctive hunting dogs and will chase anything that moves. They'll also stop when I tell them to stop, even if it means letting the cat go that she flushed while we were running a couple days ago when I hollered "whoa".
Sounds like those are good and well trained Weimaraners. Excellent breed.

OTOH, as some have said above, there are some individual dogs in any breed that are atypical, and some simply won't work out even with the best of training. Like some humans.

Not enough in the account to enable discernment, but readily killing chickens does not sound like a good foundation.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahahaha!

Fugging city people.

Dogs are like horses.

Only about a third of them are worth a shįt.

You do the whole thing a disservice by keeping them around.

Fugging people who will åss shoot a deer and watch it die for an hour get all uppity over killing a shìtbag dog.

Seems normal....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Liberals do get upset about their fur babies. Even a simple story about farm life will throw them into a tizzy.

OP, do regale us with your feelings some more. Maybe a story of how proud you are of Biden and his dog handling skill?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I understand some dogs need to be put down, like pit bulls. However being upset because a young bird dog went after birds and then nipped you in the excitement and then putting it down seems like something a wise politician would keep to herself. Not understanding that she has far more to lose for boasting about her ability to "make the hard call" and kill her young bird dog then she ever would to gain from such a story shows poor political judgment. Sounds a little like if she would have done more doing the hard work and less of making the hard call she could have had a whole different outcome.

Ive learned young bird dogs can be knotheads especially smart ones with drive if you don't work with them and teach them. I had to figure that out the last few years but as I've worked with mine and she's matured a bit she's become a great dog and keeps getting better at everything. It just takes more work than I realized when I first got her.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahahaha!

Fugging city people.

Dogs are like horses.

Only about a third of them are worth a shįt.

You do the whole thing a disservice by keeping them around.

Fugging people who will åss shoot a deer and watch it die for an hour get all uppity over killing a shìtbag dog.

Seems normal....

You should write for Outdoor Life. Retch Sweeney couldn’t handle the situation any better.

People’s preponderance to replace humans with their love for animals, has put a false value on the animals as well as a human. I don’t care whose dog it was that killed someone’s chickens and then bit me, it gets smoked and thrown in a ditch.

These are the same people that want to rehabilitate career criminals and burden society with the pollution of the aftermath of a bad decision. The only thing worse is when someone comes up and says “my, what a beautiful dog.” Like you made it or something. For Pete’s sake a dog won’t drive your kids to school or fix you dinner, what is the big deal?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Fugging Liberal Clickbait.

OF COURSE... bad animals have to be put down.

Bad people too.

Don't believe me... walk thru the jungle sometime...

Or a chithole city...

I'll stand by for your research and summary opinion.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We need fewer stories like this going nationwide.

Yet here you are as the one who brought this front and center.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

You may "own" land but I'd bet you don't farm. Big difference. The problem could have been headed off by not letting the pup get to the neighbors property to begin with yet she handled a bad situation well compensating their loss monetarily, actually cleaning up the mess created herself and then the very unpleasant task of putting down an animal that not only kills livestock but could potentially bite children. She may not be a dog trainer but surely knows that priority lies with people. The goat don't count because it's a goat....no love lost there.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
But from the article, it sounds a bit different than what you may be portraying.

He's a liberal anti American, anti Trump schitbag, to be expected.

Jon won two terms in Montana's Senate (elected by his district), was selected Senate president, then ran for the Congressional Senate seat representing Montana and won that too (three times). If you want to call all those wins out-of-state money, you are a 'tard. He drives around Big Sandy with a Savage 99 in his truck rack, succeeds as one of the Senate's last actual farmers, and votes for keeping Montana Montana every chance he gets. Works for me.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Would it ease your liberal heart to think of it as a very late term canine abortion?

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (257 roberts, 16penny, 1234, 160user, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 57 invisible), 1,946 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,887
Posts18,497,869
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.