fester Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That’s why you keep your stupid punk 4-wheeler shît off the hard top roads.

All these people riding side by sides and wheelers down the highways and hardtops.
Yea and I’m sure blah blah blah, so and so Out West, we blah blah blah

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Backstory? High speed pursuit of a fleeing felon? Suddenly pulling over to obstruct the rider seems sorta homicidal. Did he really have it coming?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Slow mo .25

The Russian Judge scores it a 9.5 header off the High Board.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why did the cop car suddenly pull over to the left side of the road?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Another cop that deserves to be horsewhipped.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by CCCC
Obviously to stop a crazy out of control ATV rider.

The cop car was at a full stop when the ATV hit it. Fault lies fully on the ATV rider. Riding far too fast, even if it was legal for him to be on that road in that location.

And yes, it is legal for me to ride on the blacktop with the restricted use plate, which off road cycles are issued with registration.

In Idaho you can drive a side by side UTV (and other off road vehicles) on a ton of roads. There are other things to consider but basically you can drive a SXS with a restricted use (RU) plate on just about any road that isn't a state or federal highway.Jan 5, 2023

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
25 mph sign pedestrians walking and pushing strollers, it definitely looked like the rider had plenty of time to stop. But who hasn’t done stupid sh|t on a wheeler to get away from cops.

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Maybe de didn’t realize how fast the guy was going, could be he’s stopped a bunch that way.

Brung back memories for me. ‘95 I was riding a motorcycle to the BMWMOA rally in Durango, having a fine ol’ time on some winding mountain roads.

In NM the posted corner speed, which I was not even close to observing, is also the actual speed limit in those curves.

I checked my mirror and there was a stern-faced NM State Trooper right on my tail, just waiting for a spot to pull me over…. just then God sent a kid on a four-wheeler flying down the road in the other direction grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Goddam bicyclists.

IC B3

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
He sure did😂

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
That was a fine rally. As I recall the local college opened the dorms for accommodations. Same time period a Ranger pulled across the Blue Ridge Parkway to stop a group of Gold Wing riders, even going the speed limit he cut it too close. In the video the 4 wheeler was on the edge of control. Is there any follow up to the story?

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
An ATV crashed into a police cruiser in East Rock Park Sunday afternoon, leaving the ATV rider hospitalized with ​“serious injuries.”

The New Haven Police Department posted a press release on X on Tuesday detailing the incident.

New Haven police received complaints of ATV riders across the city, and at 3:40 p.m. Sunday, officers responded to East Rock Park after hearing of a group of riders congregating there by way of Farnam Drive.

Farnam Drive has been closed to cars since 2020; it’s now exclusively meant for pedestrian use.

As police drove up Farnam Drive, officers spotted a number of pedestrians on the street, including children, and an ATV riding down Farnam Drive. Noticing the speed of the ATV, the release states that officers angled the police cruiser to shield the pedestrians behind them, while leaving space for the ATV to pass by.

The operator lost control of the ATV and struck the cruiser’s front passenger side window, resulting in the operator incurring ​“serious injuries.” Police called for an ambulance, which then transported the operator to the hospital.

“This is an unfortunate and stark reminder of the extreme dangers of illegal ATV and dirt bike riding on city streets, both for pedestrians and the operators of the vehicles themselves,” Police Chief Karl Jacobson is quoted as saying in the press release. He described the injuries incurred by the ATV driver as ​“tragic, and we hope for his complete and speedy recovery and we urge the public not to engage in this type of activity.”

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
We see it a lot around here, atvs and dirtbikes, drug dealers use them so they can hop curbs and make get aways off the paved road if need be. Had had several get hit by cars in the past few years and die.

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Press release indicates the cop was attempting to protect specific pedestrians while still allowing the ATV room to pass. It didn't look that way to me. Looked like he was trying to crash the ATV, which would be expected to hurt or kill the rider. Pretty severe for an offense that would have been punished with a ticket.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
here in Miami, it's an everyday thing. Off road vehicles gather in large groups and literally take over streets and neighborhoods. The cops can't catch 'em, but they often push the miscreants into doing dumb things and offing themselves.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here, where I live - every street in town is legally considered an ATV route. Only the highway once you get past the edges is off limits. It's nothing to see a quad or 2 parked outside the grocery store or bar. Lots of side by sides in the winter too.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ride my snowmachine or wheeler to the bar pretty often, though I usually take a side trail if I can. It isn't illegal at all but it sounds as if it was so in the route discussed here.

Never an issue. It is really common.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by WMR
Backstory? High speed pursuit of a fleeing felon?

The local cops found out where "Strop 10" likes to ride his quad.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by WMR
Backstory? High speed pursuit of a fleeing felon? Suddenly pulling over to obstruct the rider seems sorta homicidal. Did he really have it coming?
Originally Posted by DMc
Another cop that deserves to be horsewhipped.

That dude was going fast as hell and there were people on bikes and walking with kids just down stream from the atv. He damn well could have saved some lives by stopping that idiot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (007FJ, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 56 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,929
Posts18,518,914
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.