Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#19449697 05/13/24
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Mike has a new video out on break-action rifles. Features an H&R, a TCR, and one of the odd Mossbergs. Missing are the Henry, which he covered not long ago, and the Savages.

He had a scary health “incident” not long ago, but seems to be better. Good guy, with an amazing collection that’s always evolving.

What fresh Hell is this?
1 member likes this: Txtrout
GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I watched that last night. I wonder just how big his collection is?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
He has more than a couple of Hagn’s, including some rare ones. That dude must have a pile invested in firearms. I enjoy his videos.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, I really like him. He has a lot of super expensive stuff but is not at all snobbish. He'll throw up a video about a cheap gun as fast as he will a bespoke one. Best off all, he does not talk about "bing-bangs", "pew-pews" and "boo-lots".

Last edited by SCGunNut; 05/13/24.
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
Yes, I really like him. He has a lot of super expensive stuff but is not at all snobbish. He'll throw up a video about a cheap gun as fast as he will a bespoke one. Best off all, he does not talk about "bing-bangs", "pew-pews" and "boo-lots".

I find whoteewho to be a breath of fresh air. A tad goofy but ya ain't gotta be so serious all the time.

Ron Spomer is the one who kills me with his constant 7RM hard on and 308 Winchester drivel.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Spomer is a churner, always stirring the pot to get a reaction, which helps the bottom line of course.

It’s a living….

What fresh Hell is this?
Q
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Q
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Spomer is a churner, always stirring the pot to get a reaction, which helps the bottom line of course.

It’s a living….

All gunwriters do this and always have done this... do you think Elmer Keith really thought the .270 was only good for coyotes? Or that Jack O'Connor really thought the .270 was the greatest cartridge ever? Maybe they did, but lines like that kept people riled up to hear what he would say next.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
More like chumming but unfortunately very very few are working with fresh cut bait. Same old dried out bait or subjects that are re-cycled every so many years hoping the younger hungry fish who never saw it before will take it.

There are still a handful of scribes that take subject matter and dig or research much deeper than most but these writers generally don’t like being pushed to submit work on a publisher’s print schedule. Most who do are page stuffing print lobbyists and a few nothing but shills lapping up bonded whiskey at a gratis safari. Im sure such opportunities are justified as “ in the line of duty ‘ but read enough over decades and it’s obvious the reader/subscriber is being served up nothing more than left-overs with line after line of semi subliminal plugs for the magazine’s advertisers. Layne Simpson may be as obvious as any. Not sure he could fashion even a one page article without pimping a dozen or two supporting businesses. He is not the only writer with this formula. Some of his work even had plugs for apparel, camp food you name it, Spam ? I guess somebody has to do it but when your story line keeps swerving to find a home for a plug then in my eyes it’s no longer journalism. As a rule I find almost all outdoor sport periodicals suffer the same affliction as do most industry rags where the bean counters no longer stay put in their offices but now want their hand on the helm. Quality is a term not found in accounting, it’s really not even implied. These days my reading time is answered with historic, documentaries and biographies.

Years ago I was a partner in a hydraulic mobile crane business in California. Running a crane above the crews below could get boring as there were days with only a few picks and I’d spend more time pulling in outriggers, pads and rigging at the end of the day. I was chatty with the crew when things were slow. One day the Supt walked up onto my rig and ask me what all the levers did ? I explained boom hoist, telescope boom, line hoist, swing, etc etc. Then he says to me “ is there a lever for talking “ ? Of course not I replied uneasy. Then he looks me straight in the eyes and says “ then Mr. Crane operator shut the - - - - UP ! Yes lesson learned

Rick

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 65 invisible), 11,784 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,368
Posts18,547,069
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.