Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
erich Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm here on vacation in wisconsin and went down to the river near my dads house to try for some walleye or crappie. I pulled my rod out of the case and there was still a shad jig hooked in the handle. I tied it on and dressed it with a small minnow. I caught one small walleye and tossed him back had another one on and then it happenned. A very light strike that turned into a monster, a 27in. 7 lb. walleye, what a way to start your vacation.

It was all made possible because I went to the NW live campfire. I'll try and post a picture if the film turns out

erich

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
erich, it's been a while since I seen your monicar around , where you been hiding? Over here on my side of the pond the salmon are running in the river at a fast and furious pace. It is combat fishing at it's worst. This weekend I am going up to the Ducabush and Dosiwalups to check out the pink run.
Come on over, there has been some grouse killing happening, not me , but my neighbor. And the bass fishing has been pretty good in some of the local lakes.

Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
erich Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Bullwinkle
I was busy working on the boat so it would be ready for duck hunting when I get back from this vacation. What a week this has been, grouse hunting in the morning, golfing at noon and fishing in the after noon. Tuesday Callie and I put up six grouse , shot a 44 for nine holes and caught three nice northern pike. The golf game has gone down hill from there but the grouse hunting and fishing is holding up. tomorrow I head up to the lake Superior country and it's duck hunting, fishing and more grouse hunting.

Good luck with the pinks.

erich

Make mine a Minaska

erich Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I finaly lost the shad jig to a nice northern pike and couldn't buy another bite that day. Good thing it was the last day of fishing, I had a great vacation, now it's back to the grind.

erich

Make mine a Minaska

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Erich!

Bullwinkle and I were just reminicing (sp?) about the shad trip! Are we on for next year?! I hope so!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Wade

erich Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'll be there, I had a good time with you and Bullwinkle wouldn't miss a weekend with you guy's.

erich

Make mine a Minaska

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well then, let's get on it!! How about 6/12/04? That's a Saturday. Guys could roll in the night before like last year and stay till Saturday night or Sunday morning. 6/19/04 would likely be just as good for fishing.

Wade

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wade, that sounds like a date I can live with, this time I'm just going to be a participant no orginizing or anything other than fishing and bringing some oysters, to bar-b-q. If the waters right. i also have some new fish gettin gear....and just maybe there there will be a salmon season open again. Count me in.

Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
erich Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm in already asked if that was an open date, she said have a good time.

Haven't been on line too much, have to work on house projects so I can abuse ducks on the weekend, had a good shoot out on the coast this weekenderich

Make mine a Minaska

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,195
Posts18,524,073
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.