Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
#2008468 02/10/08
V
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V
Just wanted to introduce myself. This forum was recommended by an online acquaintance and nemesis. So far I like what I read. I'm interested in guns, hunting and politics - although I haven't had a chance to do any big game hunting yet.

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting Handle....Welcome...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Welcome to the 'Fire

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Those who agree with your thoughts will praise your handle, those who disagree will decry it. The groups will change on at least a daily basis. Welcome, John

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
V
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V
Thanks. I am a late comer to guns, but have been working hard to rectify that gap in my knowledge base. Right now it's more book learning and reading sites like this. I own a few handguns, rifles and one shotgun. I've done a lot of shooting at a range (Tri-County), but have never had a chance to hunt. I come from a family of anti-gun liberal, California granola types and really didn't have all that much interest until a friend got me started. I've sort of taken to it like heroin - perhaps a bad analogy. wink

RE: the handle. I'm a rationalist and a utilitarian. JSM is my hero, logic and science is my creed.

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Voice_of_Reason
Thanks. I am a late comer to guns, but have been working hard to rectify that gap in my knowledge base. Right now it's more book learning and reading sites like this. I own a few handguns, rifles and one shotgun. I've done a lot of shooting at a range (Tri-County), but have never had a chance to hunt. I come from a family of anti-gun liberal, California granola types and really didn't have all that much interest until a friend got me started. I've sort of taken to it like heroin - perhaps a bad analogy. wink

RE: the handle. I'm a rationalist and a utilitarian. JSM is my hero, logic and science is my creed.

Oh sheet, you'll need a sponsor then.
Hello, my name is Barkoff and I'm a Californian.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

JSM?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
#2008515 02/10/08
V
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V
John Stuart Mill, sorry.

[Linked Image]
V
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V
Barkoff, let me put it this way.

When I was growing up, my dad sprouted - this was in the 1970s. My parents had a pyramid array over their bed, and did transcendental meditation. I suppose I'm some sort of a throwback.

I grew up in Ventura county and didn't know veal was young beef until my 20s. LOL.

Now I own a couple of ARs and a half dozen handguns. Heck, I'm even a Republican since college.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Welcome!
Our "former" neophyte, Houndgirl, came her to learn about guns. Boy, oh boy, did she learn about guns!!! She even shot her first deer this fall! I guess we all took a little bit of pride in her accomplishments, she learned a great deal here, talking to many of our fine folks! I'm sure you will gain much knowledge here as well. Ask a lot of questions. Then again, you may or may not like the answers, but you'll get lots of opinions! smile

M

My Next Husband Will Be Normal- T. Shirt
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Howdy VOR

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I take responsibility for VOR. I sent him to this site.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
V
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V
Hey Tod. Site looks great. Not the crap on some of the other sites. I recognized Ken Howell. He wrote that cartridge book you loaned me.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barkoff, let me put it this way.

When I was growing up, my dad sprouted - this was in the 1970s. My parents had a pyramid array over their bed, and did transcendental meditation. I suppose I'm some sort of a throwback.

I grew up in Ventura county and didn't know veal was young beef until my 20s. LOL.

Now I own a couple of ARs and a half dozen handguns. Heck, I'm even a Republican since college.

Born and raised in Santa Cruz CA, I know liberal.

Mothers was a screaming bleeding heart school teacher. She once actually tried to shove a wheatgerm milkshake down my throat. She got it halfway down before I fought her off. Old pop the cop put a stop to that crap on about day two.

She marched out all that wheatgerm and granola and the old man (God bless Ronald Reagan cop) humored her for a few days, then flushed it down the sink and made a pot of spaghetti with meat and sausage in the sauce. Spaghetti never tasted so good.

Steady boys, nobody need jump on that one, that was a very painful time.

Elf Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Welcome to the 'Fire VOR.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JSM was a bit radical for his time, IMO. He would be somewhat politically correct these days. He did preach individual responsibility and need for the military, however.

Oh... wink Welcome and DUCK!! grin

Last edited by luv2safari; 02/10/08.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Welcome to the fire --- Mel

The only thing I'm an expert at is my own opinion, and I have plenty of those!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
With a handle like that I figured you wasn't a chick or kin to JO........

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Welcome VOR and I think you will fit in with this group even if you hail from California. LOL

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
John Stuart Mill

I look forward to bickering with you! Really! That guy has been on my "got to get to" list.

Let me give you some friendly advice...

If you want to get in good with the locals here, start a thread praising the virtues of HS precision stocks and how mickies are way overpriced.

Then start posting pictures of tiny groups you shot with a savage...

heh heh heh

But lets get to the important stuff.... infralapsarian or supralapsarian???? Take a stand!!!!!!

Is life so dear or peace so sweet...
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (264mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 51 invisible), 1,852 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,059
Posts18,521,394
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.