Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm waiting for 1 more. I think that I'm going to take a chance and assume they're not coming to the party and turn around your flys on Friday.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
rob
Seems reasonable... very reasonable...
thanks for your efforts!
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
Good job rob! Takes alot of work and you deserve the credit. Now if everyone could post a pic of the fly they tied they could post it on my thread of "emergent caddis". Sure would be nice.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
They're going out tomorow. I appologize for the delay, I was just a slacker. Ask my wife how long it took me to fix the toilet in the upstairs bathroom and you'll get a whole disertation on how much of a slacker I am. wink

The unarmed man is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Too busy fishing to tie? wink

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
No, my Grandmother has had some serious helath issues and then there was the bathroom that I mentioned. After a year and a half of the toilet not flushing right I finally tore it appart and found the insert for the TP holder that had been missing about that long. Right about the time the youngest was potty training. whistle But I just got home and they are at the post office. There is a special one in there just for Miss Treated. It won't be hard to spot. wink

Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm EXCITED!!! Something for me ?!!! blush

M

My Next Husband Will Be Normal- T. Shirt
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It's Friday, I got a package or Royal Wulff looking parachutes on my doorstep. I'm finally going to the post office tomorrow.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I'm glad they got there. I trust that you can tell which one is for MissTreated?

Niccolo Machiavelli
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I couldn't tell because I put them all in padded mailing envelopes. I had to cut all the envelopes open, look through everyone's boxes and then I found what you mean. Sooo everybody's envelopes that went out first class Saturday I might add, are slit open and taped shut again. If I can read the writing you all sent, you should be expecting. I pooled all the S & H money you all sent and got envelopes and paid everyones postage. I hope they all find their ways to you. Keep me posted.

IC B3

rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Post Man Cometh?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Nuttin' yet Rob....

rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Oh, BTW, I showed all the flys to a friend who used to work in a fly shop. He taught me a lot, and went through them one at a time kind of reminiscing like old coots do. Elkchasr sent a elk hair caddis looking fly with a hackle palmered over the body and another in front of the wing that he really liked. He mentioned brook trout fishing in Baxter State Park in Maine. QTip's emerger was another one, he thought it might catch fish here where we live. We need to wait another month to find out.

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
It would likely be a very time consuming pain in the butt (I'm on dial-up) but I think I would be able to take a pic of everyone's fly and post it up for all to see. If you guys find that agreeable, then I'll statrt when they arrive.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
With you being in NY, and everyone else being on the West coast you'll probably get them first. Everything went 1st class so I'm hoping they'll get to you soon.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rob,
The Pony Express galloped into Flagstaff yesterday. Everything looks good and surely some trout in Oak Creek will be enticed this season.

Thank you for your effort ramrodding the swap.

Doug~RR

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
rob,

Got the flies this afternoon. All of them are really, really nice ties!
If you guys want the pics done then holler otherwise I won't go through all the hoops. Nice job and hats off to rob for the hard work. Nice surpise too... that's a nice fly box!

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Rob,

Recieved the flys at noon-thirty today! All I can say is that I am MAJOR LEAGUE IMPRESSED by all of the tiers! THANK YOU for doing this...I had no idea how it would turn out.

As a side bar, a gentleman I've know for 20 years came in just a few minutes ago. It turns out that he was looking for donations for a benefit of a local boy that has lukemia. Parents are not well off and his local lodge is fundraising. You guessed it. I took pictures of them and the poster telling of the benefit...put the flys in the box and donated them. I sure hope no one minds. I left the names of each tier on each fly and plugged the 24 hour campfire website for this auction item. I'll miss the smaller flys as the old eyes just won't get it done anymore. This child will never be able to thank any of you...but I do.

You all are the greatest!

bhtr

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
cool smile cool grin coolThe package came here today as well. I'm impressed, too, as I didn't even sign up, Hunterbug tied me an awesome pink fly and RobP tied me a box full of flies!!!!! I don't know what I did to deserve such nice things from you guys, but I sure do appreciate it!!! It'll be 2 months before we get to try them out, but to be sure, they WILL get a workout as soon as the ice is out on the lakes!!!

M

My Next Husband Will Be Normal- T. Shirt
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Put up the pics!!! You're forcing me to upgrade to a digital camera with a macro so I can take pictures like yours to put up. I see a definite use for that now. BTW, I have a Bass Pro Shops a hallf hour from the house and I went and saw those nice little boxes and thought they'd be good for this.

I'm telling my friends I have flys in Alaska! It would be wild to see a picture of one in a grayling's mouth or something like that. That would just be neat.

Oh, Miss T, you rounded up Sitka Deer, Bow 92 and AKGrayling's flys and put them in the mail for me. I appreciate the help.

If you see a fly in there by Rick R, he's a friend here I enticed into doing a fly for leftovers. It's a Ubiquitous Adams he says. It catches fish 90% of the time and travels well. Rick taught me to tie "thorax flys" last Winter and showed me this Adams this Winter. That's why I wanted the brown feathers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 21, 160user, 70 invisible), 15,767 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,182
Posts18,543,242
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.